Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• nginx in conflict with webgui

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from perler: “what I read skimming over my link inin post #2 it could be more of a networking problem in general which triggers this behaviour in nginx. ” I will try these changes on my OMV 3.x system later today to see if it works. If it does, I wish push the changes to OMV 3.x.

ryecoaaron - - General

I pushed out 4.0.1 to OMV 4.x repo. I just reread the posts and is problem happening on an OMV 3.x system? I know it isn't broken on my OMV 3.x system. Maybe nginx from backports is being used?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from subzero79: “This is something that changed across nginx versions pretty sure this was working before in omv3 ” This definitely works on OMV3. It isn't a hard change for the plugin. I will try to get that out today.

• Quote from stratege1401: “issue still exist ... but this time, impossible to start a vm. ” This is just a warning. There is no newer version of phpvirtualbox yet. Quote from stratege1401: “all the items are grey out. ” They are supposed to be when you right click on the host. Those items will not be greyed out when you right click on a VM.

• Quote from 2devnull: “There is a great script out there that allows you to calculate the optimal blocksize (bs=) ” I have seen very little difference using anything bigger than bs=1M. So, I use it for everything.

• Quote from ixaff: “While I might vaguely understand the gist of what is being discussed, I do not however, have the know how to replicate the outcome. Hence, my request that maybe a guide could be made since I'm sure I won't be alone in finding one extremely helpful. ” Just select something other than "none" for the docker base path on the Settings tab.

• log/details font color

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from votdev: “I think it's a bug, the plugin developers surely use the read-only and disabled flag at the same time which lets ExtJS mask the input field twice. ” Actually, only the read-only flag is set - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…/docker/ImageGrid.js#L431 Changing from a textareafield to a textarea and setting the editable flag to false seems to be the best fix.

• log/details font color

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from perler: “ok, I see.. any quick workaround? ” It was fixed in the zfs plugin but we missed it in the docker plugin. We will have to push this out. Until then, you can see the fix in the zfs plugin here - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…55ddc7d446bb35f6c93f46695

• Install ZFS or bust... bust?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from wez: “No, I didn't watch the video (didn't know about it); I will now though. ” It is in an announcement called OMV Setup Videos at the top of every forum including this one

• Quote from ixaff: “Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of this thread a discussion about how it might not be a good idea to run Docker and have it write to USB stick? ” It is a bad idea if your images/volumes/etc are stored on the usb stick but as gderf pointed out, you can change that location to a location that is not a usb stick which would mean it doesn't matter what OMV is installed on.

• Install ZFS or bust... bust?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from wez: “OpenMediaVault 4 with omvextras 3 ” Please don't mismatch versions of OMV and omv-extras. That will cause problems. You don't mention why it fails. Error messages? How are you installing omv-extras? Do you fully update OMV right after installing? Have you watched the install video? github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…b/master/full_install.mkv

• Quote from flvinny521: “I remember reading that recently, Plex made a change that prevented their UI from being displayed in frames which broke HTPC managers like Muximux and HTPCManager. Could this be the culprit? ” That is exactly what the problem is.

• Quote from subzero79: “Examples on how plugins give some extra access to their configurations (limited btw) is the OpenVPN and if I am not mistaken the cups plugin. ” syncthing also has a interface for the user.

• Ridiculously Low Write speed

ryecoaaron - - General

How fast do you think a RPi should be? It only has a 100mbps network adapter and it shares the usb bus with the hard drive. What image did you use?

• OMV 4.0.16 Install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from dexter4000: “In OMV. I had OMV 3 before and i erased it. Upgraded Debian to 9 manually and installed omv 4 . Upon login in OMV 4 the filesystem was available and mounted. I tried to unmount and mount again but did not work. I restarted the system and unmounted again. Restarted again and mounted and it worked. ” You must have had an old fstab that mounted the drive but no database entry for that mount. That is why unmounting and remounting fixed it - it added the database entry.

• Quote from tg626: “I want a desktop to use occasionally, and i read it was better to do this then to install omv and then try to add a desktop. ” Actually we tell people not to install a desktop environment. Quote from tg626: “I find your lack of replies disturbing... ” I usually avoid threads where you are doing something not recommended and then have problems. But if I had to guess, you have the wrong OMV repos and/or removed some important Debian repos.

• The output of cat /proc/mdstat will tell you what drives are in each array.

• Backup a live system

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jip: “Is it true that in 2014 the plugin had integration with Clonezilla, but not any longer? ” The plugin had an option to install and boot from the clonezilla ISO but the backup the plugin performed had nothing to do with clonezilla. Quote from Jip: “I made a backup with the plugin but don't find an option to boot into Clonezilla to restore. ” The plugin just rsyncs the system files to a directory. Clonezilla can't restore that. Quote from Jip: “Is it actually possible to restore th…

• OMV4 with XENserver

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from riff-raff: “I do not like to put in fake information ” When I registered, I didn't have a job at that moment. I put my name in that field. That is not fake information.

• OMV4 with XENserver

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from riff-raff: “I need to register my business even for private use ... ” Why?