Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 194.

• my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX

riff-raff - - My NAS Build

@myscha: Do you use your setup headless? 21W vor 2 drives with this board is moderat, but could be lower. Did you deactive the soundchip within UEFI? Do you use DDR3L SO-Dimms? Whats your power supply? Does UEFI offer a voltage adjustment?

• Some questions from new DIY NAS user

riff-raff - - General

It should make no difference whether the NAS is plugged into your router or your Gbit-Switch, since both should have Gbit-LAN-ports. I would not trust this Samsung drive when it shows the mentioned behavior.

• Some questions from new DIY NAS user

riff-raff - - General

You can mount NTFS, I would not recommend it at all. Stick to EXT4 or BTRFS or similar. You could clear your drives with console tool or boot up a Gparted-Stick Spinup failure is due insufficiant power supply or disk pre-failure. Gbit should offer ~115 MB/s, depending on file size and things like OS, Encryption, WLAN etc. Check your network calbes and switch/router.

I run an Asrock AM1H-ITX with Athlon 5350 Quadcore and 16 GB of RAM with 3x6 TB WD Red and an 32 GB SSD (SLC USB), 2 chassis fans with an 90W laptop powersupply attached directly to the mainbaord. The drives get their power through the board, there is a SATA-power header. I assambled my power cable by myself due to the fact, that you can only buy ones with 1->2 not 1->3 setup. Works like a cham. My build

Nice and easy setup, but huge tower for such a tiny build. I like your SSD carrier!

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

riff-raff - - General

check your pool configuration Source Code (3 lines)

• RAID 1 N/A after upgrade from 3.x

riff-raff - - RAID

It should be auto-detected within file system. I'll check this in a VM. did you remove/deattach the drives during OMV4 clean install? Edit: I have 2 VMs within XEN here, OMV3 and OMV4, so I set up a Raid 1 of 2 discs, EXT4 and created a shared folder on it within OMV3. The disks were attached to port 2 and 3. After that I removed the drives from OMV3 and attached them to OMV4, even changed ports to 1 and 2. Raid was detected instantly. Did you try to reboot your system? forum.openmediavault.org/…

• RAID 1 N/A after upgrade from 3.x

riff-raff - - RAID

so you upgraded your OMV3->OMV4, clean install on your system drive and kept your Array. Did you try do mount this array within OMV web gui? N/A usually means, array is detected and present, but not mounted yet.

• SMB Share Permissions

riff-raff - - General

Did you set ACL and Privileges? Keep in mind, adding files through Samba into the nexcloud/owncloud data folder does NOT pass them through to your nextcloud, because the entries in database are missing. Try to use the official sync-client or WebDAV instead to share within your network, so files can be added and you do not result in a faulty database<->folder relation. Read only access to your files is possible and works, but would not recommend it. Too risky messing up your database.

• Upgrade ?

riff-raff - - Updates/Upgrades

Oh! Have not heard about that or even tried it. Good to know.

• Upgrade ?

Which format have your data drives? If you still use EX2/3 you should format anyway. Backup your data, format, setup new OMV4, copy your backup on the new system. All services, configuration and plugins have to be set by hand anyway.

• Upgrade ?

Thats an old installation, better stick to clean install of OMV4. How does your hardware look like? What plugins did you use up till today? Is OMV extras installed?

riff-raff - - General

Thank you anyway, I'll check out the docker setup by myself, maybe my experiences are good enough to write a tutorial.

riff-raff - - General

Thx tinh_x7 for your nice tutorial, helped me a lot to improve my running nextcloud. Right now i think of migrating from OMV3->OMV4 for PHP7 reasons. I expect some performance improvements. At the same time I was thinking of docker instead of a "full install". Will there be a tutorial how to do nextcloud with docker? Would be awesome!

• mySQL root password

riff-raff - - Plugins

I set up a fresh OMV4 vm for testing, patched it, included OMV Extras and installed nginx, letsencrypt and mySQL. After starting mySQL, I tried to log into the management tool as root. I tried no password, my root password and I used the function to specify a new root password, neither of those options worked for me to login. I want to setup a database for nextcloud. It probably would be better to use Docker, but I am a little confused using this nice tool. I did not get my nextcloud running wit…

• Did you check your running calibre by accessing it through webbrowser? I would not recommend to pass your calibre port through your router, due to security issues. You could run calibre with a user and password request as well, but this would not work with Kindle. If you want to grant access to others, setup VPN.

• If you configured 'notification' in OMV Web GUI, an email notification can be sent when import is done as well Shell-Script (5 lines) replace all 'xxx' and 'your-email-address' with your corresponding setup. If you do not want to get an email, just delete the line or comment it out by adding a '#' at the beginning of this line. Create a Cron job through OMV-Web GUI with tonus 'daily' as user 'root' and Source Code (1 line)If you want to import and convert them at the same time Source Code (1 lin…

• OMV4 with XENserver

riff-raff - - General

A required declaration at account registration process. I do not like to put in fake information, such as company: Ice cream boy

• OMV4 with XENserver

riff-raff - - General

I need to register my business even for private use ...

• OMV4 with XENserver

riff-raff - - General

I have not tried ESXi/vSphere yet, is there a public free version availabe for non-buisness use?