Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

• Share a USB connected UPS

daveinfla - - Plugins

I finally got WINNUT for Windows to work...I decided I'll try it because I only have 1 Windows server, the OMV box and I plan on bringing up a pFsense box so it will want to use NUT too... The version (15) that's on sourceforge.net has a virus, the one listed on networkupstools.org is a hack, none of the .exe files seem to function. At least not on Server 2016. I finally found reference to a version with a "WinNUT Configuration Tool" that makes quick work of the install, including installing it …

• FIXED!!! Your not going to believe this... First, let me tell you I wouldn't have been able to fix this without your help and troubleshooting everything else first to get to this point, but in the end it was as simple as.... Turning Monitoring off under the Monitoring menu, saving it, re-enabling it and saving it again. I no longer get any errors related to the ghosted filesystem. I stumbled upon this fix by accident. I followed the Monit article you listed above but wasn't paying attention base…

• I've uploaded a copy of my syslog if anyone wants to look at it, I had to add a .txt extension to it to make it a valid upload format. It appears the utility monit has an issue with the drive missing, it doesn't appear anywhere else in the system.

• Quote from flmaxey: “Depending on how far you're into your configuration, importing your new pool into a fresh OMV build is a nice clean option. Let me put that out there. ” SO, next! I searched high and low, nothing referencing the NTFS drive at all. How do I do a fresh load and import my existing ZFS pool without losing my data? You many have mentioned this but what utility do you use to duplicate your flashdrive? I have a second one waiting to be copied to, I guess I should have done that BEF…

• No luck, I putty'd into the server and used nano. The referenced device does show up in either file. If you look at the second line it states it can't find it in mtab so something else must be referencing it. Unfortunately I can't simply re-install the drive and back track, it had bad sectors and I tossed it! Based on the messages above it's looking for a file system (NTFS) that no longer exists. Any other files to check? BTW, I tried disabling SMART and SMB, rebooted, then re-enabled them. The …

• This was a standalone SATA drive with a NTFS partition on it that I temporally connected to copy (rsync) data off of and onto my zfs pool. The above steps were completed, however the system is still looking for it. Here's the exact errors: monit[2551]: 'fs_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Backup' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup' state monit[2551]: Device /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup not found in /etc/mtab

daveinfla - - Plugins

My only issue at this point is the fact that the Windows implementation (WINNUT) is a hack, although the service is running I don't see a way to confirm connectivity. There doesn't appear to be a working GUI or logs for it... The OMV side is working flawlessly.

• I have the same issue, how did you fix it?

daveinfla - - Plugins

How do you setup NUT to monitor on OMV, does the the plugin allow this or do you have to do it manually. Steps?

daveinfla - - Plugins

What does your "Driver configuration directives" look like when setup for remote monitoring? What OS is the other machine? I have WINNUT running but it's a complete hack, it started and I assume it's monitoring my OMV server but I don't see any way to check the status. Is there anyway to get NUT (on OMV) to monitor an APC network card?

daveinfla - - Plugins

OK, it appears to be running. I didn't get fancy under the identifier and just left it as "ups", as for the "Driver configuration directives" I found a post referring to using the lsusb -vvv command on the command line to list what was identified as plugged into the USB ports. It returned a whole list of information including the "vendorid" and "productid" which was used in the example post I found. This lead me to enter the following entries in the "Driver configuration directives" field: drive…

daveinfla - - Plugins

OK so if figured I'd try the path of least resistance an setup the UPS on OMV, then try to figure out WINNT, which I believe I already have. However OMV isn't recognizing my UPS. I have it setup with the following driver config: driver = usbhid-ups port = auto It's plugged into a USB port on OMV. I receive the following error, I've also listed the log entry below: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start '…

daveinfla - - Plugins

I have an APC Back-UPS RS 1300 LCD hanging off a Windows 2016 server via USB and it's currently using the integrated UPS software. I'd like to set it up so I can signal my OMV server to shutdown when the UPS power is low. I tried to install WINNUT on the server but the USB drive install fails, either way I'd like to keep the UPS on that server and have OMV monitor it remotely. If I have to, I'll switch it around but I'll need instructions on how to install WINNUT and configure it to monitor eith…

• I guess I was looking for what best practices would be. If I don't plan on using any other file systems (Im using ZFS why would I?), is there any downside to putting it in the root? I think we covered this before but in the above reference screenshot, doesn't what your calling a file system equate to basically a folder? One that you can set different attributes on? I have Qty. 5 3TB drives in the system, I'm going to use raidz1. I have a 6th drive as a cold spare. Pretty? It runs silent and cool…

• Quote from flmaxey: “You've taken the first step with a VM. If you decide to test a ZFS RAID-Z1 array, after you create it, copy and paste the following lines, into the command line, before creating shares and copying data onto the array. You could do the same thing in the GUI by clicking on the pool and "edit" button, but it's easier on the command line. - For consistency consider setting your mount point as /srv/yourpoolname (This is OMV's default location for "disks by label".) (in the follow…

• **** Update **** Figured it out but I'm leaving my questions for others to learn. Did some digging, Update Manager is as suspected, check everything and install. However, this game me another error so I did a command line update with the following: apt-get updateapt-get dist-upgraderebootThis not only installed all the outstanding updates it updated my install to OMV 3.0.96.I was then able to complete the ZFS plugin install successfully.I guess when I was testing I must have ran the updates and …

• Quote from flmaxey: “Before starting a new thread - what brand/model of server (Dell,Compaq/model#) did you strip the Mobo and processors from? 2U is full ATX? Great. Along these lines, I might follow your lead. I almost did but finding a location in the house for a "2U pizza box" would be a pain, even in a closet. Repacking the Mobo and other server hardware, in a large low priced case, was a great idea. ” My company retired QTY. 2 - 2U SuperMicro servers, yes they make both motherboards and se…

• Quote from flmaxey: “***If you use USB thumbdrives, you must use the flashmemory plugin or they'll wear out quickly. With this plugin, you can't just turn it on. Look closely at the instructions on plugin page. You'll need to alter a config file, manually, on the CLI.*** ” OK, thanks, I completely missed the instructions. I made the modifications and rebooted. It mentions after making the modification to "Enable the Plug-in" and reboot, I assume enabling it means to install it, as I don't see an…

• So I did a test run on the SuperMicro motherboard and memory using some 1TB drives I have laying around. I noticed some errors when installing the ZFS plugin on the VM but didn't note them at that time, I also received the following errors when installing it on the physical MB. Anything to worry about? Building initial module for 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 configure: error: *** Please make sure the kmod spl devel <kernel> package for your *** distribution is installed then try again. If that fails you …

• Quote from tkaiser: “OMV 3 is stable since at least 3.0.8x and for OMV 4 you just need to wait for an official announcement. ” So your recommendation would be to use 3.0.86 vs. 3.0.94 when I deploy my physical server?