Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 159.

• Quote from gderf: “Doesn't any advantage of the data being spread as evenly as possible end as soon as you add a new empty disk into the array? ” Yes, because then all new data goes to the new drive and syncs are running only at the speed of that single drive (I am sure you know this, just typing it out to work through it in my own head.) However, I only add 8TB drives at this point, and when I get a new one, I use the mergerfs-tools rebalancing utility to unload some of the data from the old dr…

• Quote from matthias80: “Yes... Read the Docs... I know... Whats your recommendation for the Policy? ” I use both mergerfs and SnapRAID. For me, the MFS policy is ideal. Your syncs and scrubs will be faster overall if the data is spread as evenly between the drives as possible. I do not make any directories on specific drives, I just use the root of the pool and have directories as follows: /srv/poolmountpathgoeshere/ - Storage - Backups - Misc - Torrents - Usenet - Media - !Unsorted - Books - Co…

• Based on your screenshots, you should use the path "/music" in the Headphones config where it asks for "path to directory."

• Quote from elvincent: “I was able to get the headphones install and it works a "simple" download client. I can search for an album but it cannot find my directory. any suggestions? ” You may not have mapped the directory to the docker container, or marked it "read-only" so that it has no access to create new files. Care to post a screenshot of your settings?

• My disclaimer: I am absolutely not at all knowledgeable in any of the many variables that could be causing this problem. That said, a shot in the dark: I remember reading that recently, Plex made a change that prevented their UI from being displayed in frames which broke HTPC managers like Muximux and HTPCManager. Could this be the culprit?

• ebook server

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from Zeb Aztian: “(Hidden Content) ” Although I didn't specifically cover calibre, you might be able to figure out the configuration from my Docker guide here. I do now use Calibre server and some other containers, so I will likely update the guide eventually, but that could be some time away.

• Plex Newb

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from therock003: “It doesnt appear to be an option anymore forums.plex.tv/discussion/2861…-direct-stream-in-new-app ” It's a bit confusing, but you can no longer DISable those options on certain clients. On those clients, they are always enabled. I believe some of the apps still give you the option to toggle them on or off.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from Christian0P: “@wastez (Hidden Content) ” In your screenshots, you'll see that the "R/O" button is enabled for all the directories, which means "read only." Therefore, the Docker container could see the files from that folder, but not modify them or save new files to those directories.

• Plex Newb

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from therock003: “It was easy after all, you got to the clients settings, and set it there to autoload the subtitle for each file. As for the playback issues i'll do more testing, using a faster Access Point i have, but before that i'm looking how to disable transcoding so i get the file as is, without stressing the nas and have the tv decode it natively. But i cant see this option on the settings. It only has settings for transcoding options Googled this, but cant make much sense of it fo…

• Normally, it is advised not to use ACL at all. I'm no permissions expert, but it seems that using the "Reset Perms" plugin (or whatever it's called) always works when I am having similar issues. You simply install the plugin, and a new button appears on your shared folders tab that allows you to reset the permissions to your specification on an entire shared folder.

• Quote from Nibb31: “The parity drive must be empty. It will only contain parity. In the UnionFilesystem plugin you have to select Parity and unselect Data. In your case, it will contain 3TB of parity. The rest will be unused/wasted (I would probably make 2 partitions and use the second partition for backup data, so that it isn't completely wasted). The Parity drive should not be included in the MergerFS pool. For your other questions about Greyhole, no idea. ” I think you meant "In the SnapRAID …

• Error messages on mail?

flvinny521 - - General

If that question was directed to me: I assumed that a recent update changed something to cause these messages to begin. I also assumed that, as they were a harmless nuisance, they would stop if a fix were applied in an upcoming update. If one of two updates came and still nothing changed, then I'd go ahead and do it myself.

• Error messages on mail?

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from mrperfektone: “run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/log2ram exited with return code 1 /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-cron-apt: stdin: is not a tty ” This started for me after the new update as well. I just ignore and delete them. Never seen the other error.

• Recently, I've stopped mapping storage locations to each individual container as needed. Instead, I've made one "mega-storage" container, and linked that to each and every application container I run. I can't give any screenshots like in my Docker guide thread since I'm at work, but maybe you can figure it out by looking at the configuration when you set up a new container. If not, give me some time and I'll add a new post to the Docker guide with an explanation.

• Quote from siulman: “But... and maybe this is more a question for Docker guys, but how do I ensure updates on the docker pluggins? How do you "restart" processes when needed? I guess you restart the full docker plugin and that's all.... ” Radarr and Sonarr can both still be updated through the web UI even when they're running in a Docker container. It will prompt you when an update is available and you just click the button to install it.

• Plugin UnionFS

flvinny521 - - Plugins

I use both MergerFS and SnapRAID and prefer the "MFS" write policy. SnapRAID sync runs much faster if the data is accessed from all drives simultaneously rather than only one drive.

• Quote from majorpayne: “Edit: After a full reboot (Router, Server) it's green. Thank you for the help! ” Happy to help. rtorrent/rutorrent was a pain for me to set up (for different reasons) as well, but I think well worth the trouble.

• Your .rc file and router config have a range of ports, but your Docker container settings seem to pass through only a single port. Maybe try setting the.rc file to 45566-45566, random = no, and forwarding only port 45566.

• Re: the permissions problem, have you tried the resetperms plugin? I find that I have to use this every so often and it always solves permissions issues for me very easily. As far as the plugin errors, I can't help much except to say that since I've ditched the plugins for Docker containers, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, etc are much more stable for me.

• Yeah, the typo in the file path in your command is likely your problem, try using tab to auto-complete the correct path. Also, looks like the Plex database was installed to a non-OS drive, @willocrisp5000, which is why your path was different.