Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• OK weird, just done the below and it all works fine: Quote: “ 1) install OMV 3.0.86 2) nano /etc/nsswitch.conf change: hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns to: hosts: files dns mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] 3) On Web UI, save and apply SMB/CIFS config to below: Workgroup: DOMAIN Extra Options: client signing = yes client use spnego = yes kerberos method = secrets and keytab password server = dc.domain.com realm = DOMAIN.COM security = ads 4) Copy and paste code into Join-ad.sh 5) c…

• I've just installed a million different packages and configurations trying to get this to work so I will re-install the whole thing, re-run your script and test again now so will update you shortly. I'm confident 2012 is doing its job though as it is configured with 2x 2.x OMV installs, pfsense authenticated, ESXi authenticated and doing everything fine - so we just need to figure OMV out as I'm sure it's a crucial feature for many. I'll reinstall now, run your script then run the two commands t…

• Sorry to bump, is this the latest thread / method for connecting OMV to AD? I used to use the old method with 2.x however Kerberos method doesn't work on 3.x does it. Thanks for any pointers! I'll keep trying today to see if I can get it to work, would be nice to upgrade to 3.x due to its added features.

• Hi guys OK so I'm just going through my first setup (lab environment) of the latest OMV 3.x and trying to attach it to my 2012 AD server. I have literally just freshly installed OMV from the ISO twice in the last 3 hours, edited /etc/nsswitch.conf to put 'dns' just after 'files', I've copied, pasted and executed the script kindly provided by donh and even up'd the UID_MAX and max group to 33554431. It joins the domain fine (done this a few times today now) but getent passwd USERNAME doesn't retu…

• This looks really promising! I'd love to see this in a plugin format, as all my OMV installations hook into the same AD integration.