Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

• Quote from tkaiser: “brendangregg.com/ActiveBenchmarking/bonnie++.html ” maybe I understood wrongly but the bonnie++ test compare fedora running with KVM vs Solaris with container obviously the I/O will be faster with container. I'm not saying Solaris don't kick ass but to compare apple with apple, which in that case ZFS vs other FS you must isolate all others variables such as using the same OS ie: comparing a Fedora with ext4 or xfs with Fedora zfs phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=zfs_e…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Have you read the use case? ” yes read the use case I thought is wife might want to store directly on the server of movies she editing for her wedding business. editing movie demand a lot of i/o

• VirtualBox not stopping VMs correctly

jodumont - - Plugins

sadly this still persisting but it's not related to OMV it's more a VBox issue even via VBoxManage it's seams impossible to kill the vbox a hint to kill it is to list your VM via ps ps -ef|grep VBox than kill the process with containing the name of your vBox

• OMV on Proxmox

jodumont - - My NAS Build

like @ryecoaaron mentionned somewhere someday he use OMV on Proxmox after reviewing HowTo install KVM on OMV [HowTo] Run OMV as a KVM/qemu/libvirt host than messing around with ZFS, than ... I will omit few details ... I reinstall, ...,again,... my devserver with Proxmox than, why not OMV in a unprivileged LXC. I have mostly container with docker in a VM and few local services (offer through LXC) who needs to have access to different data which are shared on the local networks My questions are; …

• For a general purpose and when I only have one physical machine I prefer OMV than proxmox. The only thing I found not optimal is the VirtualBox part (which I used and being make me happy for a very long time before I decided to switch KVM). So. If anyone decide to use KVM instead of VirtualBox on is OMV, the methodology described by @jensk still pretty accurate here you will find the update I made to make KVM running into OMV4. 1. Install libvirt, kvm et cie apt -y install qemu-kvm bridge-utils …

• RAID1 disapear after reboot

jodumont - - RAID

thanks for you reply @Sc0rp why this layout ? because md0 and md1 are SSD md2 are SATA Drive how would you make it ? Anyway I reinstall with the same layer, but define everything during the installation and everything fine now

• By experience if you need more I/O from your storage ZFS with ZIL and ZLOG will blow any competition (we speaking about 5times faster) don't be a fool, you could use a partition to make this cache you don't have to dedicate a drive for each of them. But it's also possible to use cache with LVM which might be more comfortable for you if you have more experience with LVM than ZFS. In any case, don't worry if the cache crash, you just loose performance. Plz, forget Btrfs, at least for now.

• I had this error on after installed the omv-flashmemory plugin on OMV 4 installed from the OMV.iso on a SSD as mentioned by Aaron in comment #14 the Source Code (2 lines) fix my issue, at least for the moment so it did'nt ---- >> The bugging files (bg*) are empty I ended by adding a cron for rm -Rf /tmp/bg*

jodumont - - RAID

This situation come back again I do rsync on USB but I want fail tolerance too Basicly I have 3 RAID1 md0 for boot md1 for LVM md2 for data only md2 disappear on boot but it was also the only one I build throught OMV interface, not during the debian-installer # mdadm --detail /dev/md2 /dev/md2: Version : 1.2 Creation Time : Wed Dec 6 13:11:10 2017 Raid Level : raid1 Array Size : 2930135488 (2794.39 GiB 3000.46 GB) Used Dev Size : 2930135488 (2794.39 GiB 3000.46 GB) Raid Devices : 2 Total Devices…

• ERROR on SMART/DEVICES section

jodumont - - General

I confirm my theory I just reinstall OMV4 and define through the debian installer my RAID, LUKS and LVM than in OMV under SMART/DEVICE I see my 4 drives

• ERROR on SMART/DEVICES section

jodumont - - General

Hi; After a re-installation; I have the same error. my 1st installation I made the RAID, LUKS, LVM, and formatted all drive via the debian-install and the SMART/DEVICE was showing my 4 devices. on the second installation I just reformat the partition and the SMART/DEVICE give me a COMMUNICATION FAILURE but smartd and smartctl work on CLI @GiuseppeChillemi did you're drives was already formated or you did it with OMV ? doh! I forgot to mention I use OMV4

jodumont - - RAID

Sorry I realize after it was in your signature Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

jodumont - - RAID

So I reinstall OMV with my RAID already create and everything fine now the funniest part is in my console I have this message : W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays but it's working thanks for your post 10/4

jodumont - - RAID

it's funny how people presume @ryecoaaron I know what a RAID I also sync this RAID through a SSH and backup it on multi USBDrive @ryecoaaron I don't know what means PM

jodumont - - RAID

Yes obviously I saw them but none of them seems to have a solution and I didn't want someone told me it not the same case because I just have a mirror (RAID1) and/or I hijack a thread so I open a new one I also found this thread on ubuntu forum (ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=884556) which in this one they lose the RAID because it's not declare in /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf which is not my case, and the case of anyone if you use the OMV WebUI. Anyway if you find something substantial and potential…

jodumont - - RAID

Hi; I installed OMV3 from the CD, not over Debian My RAID was working well on CentOS but I decided to backup all my data and start a new one with OMV3. I try 3times (2times throught the webui, 1time by CLI) everytime after a reboot mdstats detect nothing. the RAID is base on 2 identical Western Digital without any issue (SMART and GPT) in my /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf is well declare but mdadm --detail --scan --verbose or ls /dev/md* return nothing after a reboot I hope we will find something very fa…

• Considering Debian remove VirtualBox from their source because VirtualBox change SeaBIOS for another non-free BIOS And you can't neasting with VirtualBox; It might be interesting replacing VirtualBox by KVM into the next OMV version.

• I know some people will hate me because I reopen a [SOLVED] case but I had the same issue with the stable version and I resolve it that way I went into command line and try to start the dnsmasq service /etc/init.d/dnsmasq start Starting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq dnsmasq: bad IP address at line 36 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/omv.conf after looking at the line 36 nano -c /etc/dnsmasq.d/omv.conf I figure the error was generate by the NTP option So I replace the default one suggest by OMV with th…

• apt-get update, GPG error

jodumont - - Updates/Upgrades

the key is here : packages.openmediavault.org/public/ with wget packages.openmediavault.org/public/archive.key you could download it and with apt-key add archive.key you will add it to your set of key usable by apt

• This How to is inspired by Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 7.x (Wheezy) Basically nothing wrong with this tutorial except I don't like the Read TFM part, it missing a part with the GPG Key and is not explain how to install newer version of OpenMediaVault. So I hope this will help more people to enjoy more OpenMediaVault. DISCLAIMER : I'm a French speaker so you're welcome to correct my sentence. 1st : You need a basic Debian, for my case i'm using a PCEngines APU Debian but i'd also use t…