Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from SilverBlade: “I'm planning on using something like this newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817576009 when I buy the Odroid HC-2. ” Weird combination. The ODROID-HC2 has 2 USB3 ports that are already used (one for Gigabit Ethernet, the other for the JMS578 SATA controller) so all you have left is a slow USB2 port. So the HC2 is a nice device to connect one 3.5" disk directly and maybe attach USB disk(s) for backup purposes. If you plan to use more than one 3.5" disk you should r…

• Compatible ISO for LePotato?

tkaiser - - Motherboards

Quote from wonderbiscut: “Is there an ISO that is compatible with the Libre Computers AML-S905X-CC board? ” Nope. Boards with Fast Ethernet only are no good OMV candidates (and boards that use Micro USB for DC-IN without any undervoltage protection measures shouldn't be bought IMHO). Though you can choose an Armbian Debian variant and then simply use armbian-config --> Software --> Softy --> 'Install OMV'.

• Quote from Bennni: “I am very disappointed with the Sandisk Ultra Fit drive. ” Tiny format --> shitty heat dissipation (I own the same thing but tested it too late). Since it's strongly recommended to test each and every flash drive with either F3 or H2testwprior to usage this is also easy to spot while initial testing (and then returning the drive due to crappy performance after a short period of full usage)

• Quote from Oretuni: “Es war tatsächlich das Kabel ” Mit größerer Wahrscheinlichkeit die Kontaktflächen in den Steckern. Die sind bei Billigkabeln so dünn, dass schon paar mal ruppige Behandlung ausreichen, um einen Kontakt finalmente zu zerstören. SATA implementiert einen primitiven Prüfmechanismus (CRC, die Daten werden mit einer Checksumme versehen auf die Reise geschickt und am anderen Ende des Kabels erneut Checksumme von den empfangenen Daten gebildet -- stimmt das nicht überein bittet der …

• Quote from Earththing: “I am planning on Installing OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3, installing several plug-ins including Plex ” Besides that you chose the wrong device (RPis are the most lousy boards for NAS use case, literally any other ARM board does a better job since not that crippled like those Raspberry Pis suffering from a single ultra slow USB2 connection everything is behind) Plex without modified settings wants to store its databases on the rootfs and that's your SD card. Unfortunately still…

• Quote from deluxecat: “what you can expect is 20 megabytes per second nas throughput (as tested with large files) ” So instead of wasting your time with a Raspberry Pi better look for any of the dirt cheap and far better alternatives that allow for almost 40 MB/s (or buy a slightly more expensive ARM board and then enjoy 'PC NAS performance' with a consumption not exceeding that of RPi + external network adapter that much. See this thread for details) Quote from deluxecat: “Working off my list, …

• Quote from Joe_PS: “But I'd like to learn how 'tolerant' OMV (based on armbian) is, if the HDD is powered off. ” You might experience filesystem corruption which is something I would try to avoid at all. Few facts: - OPi Zero Plus has 4 fully useable USB ports (1 type A receptacle, Micro USB can be turned into a normal host port by using a small adapter, two USB ports on the pin header) - All H5 devices might show shutdown troubles (they don't really power off) so better try to avoid this. Idle …

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “simply choose the right image and you're done. ” I can never remember which versions of the BPi work with which images unless their names match. ” No worries. These Bananas are named so stupidly. I would assume the majority of downloads of the M2 image is not by people owning the M2 (pretty old and based on Allwinner 's A31) but by those owning any of the other 5 or 6 incompatible Bananas with M2 in their name (eg M2 Ultra, Magic, Plus or Berry)

• sourceforge.net/projects/openm…s/Other%20armhf%20images/ Banana Pi M1 is "Banana Pi" so simply choose the right image and you're done.

• OMV 3.0.92 on XU4 not booting up

tkaiser - - General

These eMMC boot partitions are hidden when you access the module with a generic card reader. That's why updating the contents only works when running on the XU4 itself. All eMMC sold by Hardkernel after Sep 2017 has a more recent u-boot that is not limited to FAT any more. So with older eMMC modules you need nand-sata-install anyway.

• OMV 3.0.92 on XU4 not booting up

tkaiser - - General

Seems you have an older eMMC which contains an outdated u-boot. Only solution: burn image to SD card, boot it and then call 'nand-sata-install' to update bootloader on eMMC. You can then either transfer the install from SD card to eMMC or boot then directly from eMMC if it already contains the image.

• Usually cable/connector problems. You should see also increased SMART attribute 199 values when querying the affected disk. Keep in mind that internal SATA connectors are rated for 50 matings maximum und cheap stuff fails way earlier.

• Probleme mit Raid10

tkaiser - - General

Quote from Fako86: “speed nicht. aber sicherheit doch, da 2 genutzt und auf 2 gespiegelt wird, hat man im fall des falles ja auf 2 die spiegelung ” Quatsch. Im Fall des Falles hat man gar nix mehr, da alles auf beiden Platten zeitgleich futsch ist, siehe bspw. Destroyed file system? RAID ist totaler Quatsch, wenn man auf Datensicherheit aus ist. Aber ist ja schließlich Dein Datenverlust also spar Dir ruhig das Backup und setz auf das falsche Konzept. Viel Glück!

• ODROID-HC1 : Home Cloud One

tkaiser - - My NAS Build

Quote from lan: “Some Benchmarks would be great, to compare it to x86 systems ” OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

• Quote from OMVheir: “There was mention a while back that those use up a lot of electricity. Is that your experience? ” Experiences? It's a known fact that using such power hungry old devices is stupid for NAS use cases. If you happen to use the 'wrong' graphic card these things waste up to 200W doing exactly nothing. support.apple.com/HT201796 NAS Performance is the same as a ROCK64, EspressoBin, HC1 or HC2 (less than 5W in idle with disks spun down).

• Quote from YuanH: “When trying to run the nand-sata-install script via ssh, I get an error saying: This tool must run from sd-card ” Did you update everything to most recent version? I remember we had a problem some months ago with this symptom so please do an 'apt upgrade' and if that doesn't help replace /usr/sbin/nand-sata-install with contents of raw.githubusercontent.com/armb…sr/sbin/nand-sata-install

• AFP doesn't inherit group privileges

tkaiser - - AFP

Quote from subzero79: “is there any way of testing afp.conf for correct configuration? ” Not that I know of. IIRC Ralph wanted to implement something similar to Samba's testparm command but never did it (maybe mostly since he's now part of SerNet team and busy improving macOS client support in Samba)

• Probleme bei der Einrichtung von OMV

tkaiser - - General

Mit USB-Platte angestöpselt... wie sieht die Ausgabe von folgendem Kommando aus? Source Code (1 line)

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

tkaiser - - Announcements

HC2 is now officially available: hardkernel.com/main/products/p….php?g_code=G151505170472 (see especially mechanical incompatibility note for few 3.5" HDD at the bottom)

• Quote from Toti: “So you think I should go back because there is no real chance of getting this to work ” Nope, just saying that armel is not a supported architecture for OMV (just like as it's the case for mipsel for example). Since I've neither experiences with OMV on anything else than armhf, arm64 or amd64 and also used older versions than 3 that much I can't give any recommendations at all