Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 719.

• Plex runing as a client

raulfg3 - - Plugins

what is the URL do you use to connect?

• Backup Entire OMV

raulfg3 - - General

Quote from therock003: “Im just not familiar with the way clonezilla works. Does it create an image file of the whole contents as an output, or does it perform a direct copy/transfer between source and target? ” please read about clonezilla: clonezilla.org/

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

raulfg3 - - Plugins

Quote from Speedrunner: “Hi there, first of all, thank you for this wonderful plugin. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for me. I am running Erasmus on a Debian Jessie install, which I only made, because I wanted a different partition layout. Otherwise I would have gone straight to the OpenMediaVault iso. Thus I installed Debian Jessie with SSH and then OpenMediaVault on top. Then I installed omv-extras and the letsencrypt plugin. Then I wanted to use letsencrypt, but can't get it to work. ”…

• Backup Entire OMV

raulfg3 - - General

you can use openmediavaul-backup plugin but clonezilla on omv-extras is better option, because you can install on OMV and launch one time only on next reboot to do the job.

• ebook server

raulfg3 - - General

install docker plugin and the a calibre docker: github.com/linuxserver/docker-calibre-web hub.docker.com/r/aptalca/docker-rdp-calibre/ Please read first about docker: Could someone help me understand what docker is? and / or: Docker GUI plugin now stable

• is right, and it's basically like a clean install, and do not impact on performance.

• OMV4 Cloud-Server Plugins

raulfg3 - - Plugins

better to use a OC docker, please google about this option. Could someone help me understand what docker is? hub.docker.com/_/owncloud/ hub.docker.com/r/owncloud/server/

• Quote from ixaff: “ What do you mean "... and must boot and work?" ” you can do a fresh OMV install on other motherboard and move the disk/boot device to your NAS and Must Boot and work. Quote from ixaff: “Partitioning boot device is part of the install isn't it? ” No, OMV use entire disk, not a partition (please correct me if I am wrong).

• unless you have a VERY good USB device brand, running OMV from a USB is not recomended (due premature burn-in of device), instead use a small and cheap SSD. If not possible for you (Because you do not have enought SATA connections), use USB & openmediavault-flashmemory plugin: [Tutorial][Experimental][Third-party Plugin available]Reducing OMV's disk writes, also to install it on USB flash To your other question, Yes, is posible to do a fresh install on other motherboard, and then move boot disk …

• Quote from ixaff: “This is my first attempt at building my own home server and I'm a complete novice at Linux, so please forgive me if I don't quite know the exact lingo to be using. Anyway, I started off trying to install OMV 3.0.94 on my Asrock J3455-ITX motherboard. Followed the guides to create a bootable USB with UNetbootin and a copy of the OMV 3.0.94 ISO. Process took forever and ended up with an error stating "Failed to create file system". Did some Googling and thought I might have bett…

• move file from old HD to new Hd

raulfg3 - - General

faster way is to use RSYNC, secure/Easy way is to copy by SAMBA/SMB

• if your problem is that OMV do not boot if no VGA is detected, add one VGA ( cheapest posible) and done. I start my OMV without any monitor attached to my NAS and boot fine, no need to log in to start anything, see my signature. Your problem appear to be a hardware problem not a OMV problem.

• ZFS Degraded Pool

raulfg3 - - General

if ZFS detected an error on new disk, please revise SATA cabes and/or power cables. is not a waste of time detect and error

• plugins problem

raulfg3 - - Plugins

Please edit first post to put (Solved) in the title.

• plugins problem

raulfg3 - - Plugins

Two post, same problem. Your real problem, your IP config, revise your DNS settings, do not work until you can Ping to Google.com properly without error.

• plugins problem

raulfg3 - - Plugins

OMV-Extras.org Plugin

• Sorry, no experience doing install on top of debían install. But revise file path, /var/lib/mldonkey. Not /etc/var

• Mldonkey can't connect to core

raulfg3 - - General

Ok, no i386 now, only x64 ISO

• Quote from MerAnges: “thak you for your answers. I try to update the /root/.profile as explain above, but nothing changes. When I run manually from the console /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-cron-apt, it works fine. After a few moments, the prompt comes back. Thank you very much for your help ” do you try to reboot your NAS , so changes in /root/.profile become active?.

• Votdev recomend to add the "|| True" at the end: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device