Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 163.

• Hi gang, I keep getting this problem where PlexPY keeps locking up OMV every 2 days. Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi gang, everytime I start PlexPy for my Plex server on OMV, 2 days later, my OpenMediaVault locks up and I have to shut it down. I tried to view the logs but when my server restarts, I can't see the logs, they get resetted. Is there a way to view what could be causing this? Let me know if you require more info. Thanks

• Hi gang, I didn't know this would cause some problems since it was internal address. But I will change all my internal IP addresses back to 192.168.0.0 tonight. Thanks for showing this to me.

• Quote from subzero79: “@mbourd25 that subnet is public address space. The whole 16.0.0.0/8 subnet belongs to Hewlett-Packard. Private ip address space is defined here arin.net/knowledge/address_filters.html ” Hi subzero79, that's my internal ips that I use in my home. Also, I attached a screenshot of the results for ifconfig. Thanks for your help.

• Quote from subzero79: “Then why that subnet 16.13.x.x? ” Hi Subzero, I always used that subnet, makes it different. No particular reason. Quote from _DD_: “Quote from mbourd25: “Hi _DD_, even I give access to Plex directly to the internet, no one will be able to come through? ” This is why I asked if it was behind a home router or was a public internet facing machine. If you have it directly accessible to the outside world then yes you need to setup your rules properly. But your rules don't make…

• Quote from _DD_: “Since it sounds like you're behind a HOME router, your rules don't make a lot of sense with allowing that whole 256 IP public subnet. Your router is going to be doing all of the blocking from the outside world anyways. By default everything is open in OMV firewall. So I would just delete all those rules in OMV and not worry about them. Let the router do all the blocking and just forward Plex ports to your internal address of the OMV machine. Unless you have a reason not to trus…

• Quote from _DD_: “Is this a public internet facing machine or is it on a home network behind a router? ” Hi _DD_, it's behind a router but I will be turning on Plex to be able to be viewed by friends outside my network. Quote from subzero79: “That window is hard to read. Run iptables-save Post the output here ” Hi subzero79, I will post the output tonight. Thanks for your help.

• Hi gang, so nobody knows what the setting in the firewall for the DNS, Updates and ClamAV to work?

• Hi gang, I setup my firewall rules. But now, DNS, Updates and ClamAV updates don't work anymore. Which rule am I missing? I attached the firewall rules I have setup. Thanks.

• Quote from henkall: “Quote from mbourd25: “Hi gang, I am finally able to see the Plex server, but I had to point my Plex webpage to openmediavault.local:32400 instead of my regular 192.168.1.116:32400 plex webpage. The IP address of my OMV server is 192.168.1.116, how come it can't see that address for my Plex webpage? Thanks gang for your help. ” Maybe this is a dumb question but have you tried to ping openmediavault.local to se if you get that ip? And did you remember the /web at the end. Some…

• Quote from henkall: “Quote from mbourd25: “Hi gang, I am finally able to see the Plex server, but I had to point my Plex webpage to openmediavault.local:32400 instead of my regular 192.168.1.116:32400 plex webpage. The IP address of my OMV server is 192.168.1.116, how come it can't see that address for my Plex webpage? Thanks gang for your help. ” Maybe this is a dumb question but have you tried to ping openmediavault.local to se if you get that ip? And did you remember the /web at the end. Some…

• My question now is, how come I can't point to the IP address for my Plex server it only works when I point it the nameserver? Thanks.

• Hi gang, I am finally able to see the Plex server, but I had to point my Plex webpage to openmediavault.local:32400 instead of my regular 192.168.1.116:32400 plex webpage. The IP address of my OMV server is 192.168.1.116, how come it can't see that address for my Plex webpage? Thanks gang for your help.

• Quote from TheSidewinder: “Well, I *was* having issues early today but it's working fine now. This is on a Raspberry Pi 3, not sure what box you're using. Are you able to try this? It's a little time-consuming, but should not hurt anything. First, uninstall Plex. Then, OMV-Extras page -> disable the Plex repo, save, and do an apt-clean. Then, if relevant (it wasn't for me, no traces were left after uninstalling it), remove all traces of plex using the commands earlier in this thread, the deluser…

• Hi TheSidewinder, yes it is, the latest version.

• Hi gang, I still can't get Plex to work. I just upgraded to the new omv-extra 3.0.63, did an apt-clean, removed all traces of the old Plex and still can't get it to work. What is going on? How come Plex server doesn't work properly?

• Quote from achris: “Yes like you mbourd25, to avoid issue when reinstalling plex i remove old folder and user before: userdel plex rm -rf /usr/lib/plexmediaserver rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver ” Hi achris, I followed your instructions. I was able to install Plex. The service is running but I still can't connect to the server, I still get "Looking for server" at the Plex home page. What am I doing wrong that I can't get the Plex server to start?

• I tried the same thing has achris and I after that, Plex doesn't even want to install anymore.

• Quote from JSKershaw: “Did you just install OMV3? Was it a update from 2.0 or fresh install? ” Fresh install of OMV 3 from about a week since my OMV 2 kicked the bucket. I haven't been able to get Plex going in OMV 3.

• Hi JSKershaw, I tried to re-install plex this morning and I can't, I get this error. Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()#2 [internal…