Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 124.

• I setup each of my Samba shares to delete old files in the .recycle after 30 days. I just checked and I had files piling up since I setup the Samba share. It looks like the daily anacron job should have been ensuring this was done: run-parts --regex='samba-recycle-*' /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d &>/dev/null But it evidently wasn't working. I cleared them out myself with this: LASTACCESS_MAXDAYS=30 RECYCLE_DIR='/media/e5f80c22-2bd8-427b-88f5-cad32e84e464/Movies/.recycle' find $RECYCLE_DIR -atim…

• I completed creating a Atom (Braswell with 8 GB Memory) NAS with OMV last December and it has been working wonderfully. Recently I was wondering if it could take over the functions of my current NVR (Network Video Recorder). The first of the two major functions I need it to perform is to record events that the security cameras flag. This I think should be fairly easy. I need to create an NFS share and setup the cameras to point to the share. The second of the two major functions is to display ou…

• Fail2Ban emails on reboot of nas

Reed - - Plugins

It should update through the web UI. I think 1.92 should have been fixed. That's what github shows. It's troubling that you ran into this problem at this date (5 months after it was fixed), perhaps the issue isn't as resolved as I thought it was.

Reed - - Plugins

Okay, I have my notes: 1) Disable 'Flash Memory' Plugin from the OMV Web Interface. Just use the disable button and 'Apply'. You need to have the postfix directories on the actual disk and not in memory. If they are cached when you apply the fix you are only fixing what's being cached and it doesn't copy the solution back to the actual disk. (Optional: If you are unsure whether disabling has taken effect you can reboot after disabling which should put the issue to rest definitively.) 2) Disable …

Reed - - Plugins

Yeah, it took me quite a while to debug. The connection isn't obvious. In the pre-fixed version it would immediately move all the directories to memory and it would corrupt the postfix directory. I'll post the exact commands when I get back home in a few hours. My above directions were from memory. I also forgot to mention that before you fix it you'll need to move postfix out of memory and back on the disk or it might be broken again next boot if the fixed directory doesn't copy back to disk pr…

Reed - - Plugins

I had experienced what seems like a similar problem. Every boot I'd get the same e-mails sent to me. It didn't matter if I had uninstalled the component, each restart the same e-mails would be sent. The issue for me was that the mail program's, postfix, directory was corrupted. This was due to the 'Flash Memory' bug that moved it's directory while the service was active. Do you have the plug-in 'Flash Memory' installed or did you do something with the mail directory? If so the only thing I found…

• Perfect, I have it updated now. The OMV GUI install options were setup to preserve user changes to system files, but for me this is problematic because I'd rather have the new files. For the future, what apt-get options control whether it overwrites/doesn't overwrite user changed files?

• Thanks. It was strange, it seemed like it was just an internet glitch was causing it to not show up. Typically that is fixed by retrying to submit. I guess not a good solution in this case.

• I'm getting an error, and I feel like I should have been able to figure out the cause, but after poking around for 5-10 minutes I'm still not sure why I'm getting the error: Source Code (2 lines)

• I did try removing it (or rather I moved it to a different name <file>_bak) and then I ran the reinstall command. Unfortunately, it did not regenerate the file. Was this file superceeded by another file? I have two smart files in the cron.weekly directory: openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb.dpkg-dist The first generates an error when run: root@openmediavault:/etc/cron.weekly# ./openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb /usr/share/smartmontools/drivedb.h.error: reje…

• I have a large degree of confidence that it fixed it, but since it was an intermittent problem to begin with, it makes it difficult to know for certain if I'm 100% fixed. I haven't seen the same hang since I made the driver and samba version changes.

• apt-get update runs fine. Also, apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault also runs fine, it just reinstalls 2.2.1 which doesn't solve the original problem which occurred with 2.2.0. Source Code (71 lines)

• Thanks davidh2k. Since 2.2.1 is now released I have another problem. I believe I need to use the 2.2.0 update to redo the file, but we are now at 2.2.1. The command you gave re-installs 2.2.1, but that doesn't replace the file. Trying to use "apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault package=2.2.0" gives an error "E: Unable to locate package package".

• A while ago I modified the openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb file so it would redirect to /dev/null messages that were showing up in notification e-mails. When I did the latest update to 2.2 I got the following: Source Code (4 lines) Is there a way I can force it to use the updated file instead of my modified file?

• On a related topic, has anyone else had intermittent freeze issues with the Realtec network chip used on this board?

• I'd suggest they set the default ban time to 10 minutes unless there is a way for people to unban themselves from the OMV gui.

• Disk don't always spin down

Reed - - General

Journaling just means that there was access on the disk. You need to enable Block Dump Reporting with: echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/block_dump And then look in /var/log/syslog for what is accessing your drive. It will gives you lines like this: Jan 15 21:48:29 openmediavault kernel: [136750.727828] Plex Media Serv(16049): dirtied inode 19005559 (CloudAccess.dat.tmp.XXKRFvj3) on sdc1 Which show exactly what accessed the disk. In this case it was Plex accessing the CloudAccess.dat.tmp... file on sdc1. Or…

• No, not in the forums, at least when I searched it. I used Google to understand more about it. If you have the log lines I can help with the regex if you need help. Otherwise you can reference what I posted here when I created an OMV jail: fail2ban jail for OMV GUI login?

• AsRock N3700-ITX doesn't boot w/o DVI

Reed - - Motherboards

Thanks for your help! I understand this a lot better now and I have enough information to start playing around with it on my system.

• Quote from gderf: “ I use that here because I want the serial console available for the boot and access to the system BIOS on my headless ASRock C2550D4I server. Keep that in mind if you ever need those capabilities and don't want to drag out a keyboard and monitor. Just get a serial null modem cable or a serial to USB adapter.” Thanks gderf. Your board 'C2550D4I' is geared towards server applications, so I'm guessing you have an option in BIOS to enable a serial console for BIOS changes? I'm gu…