Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 866.

• Quote from gabs247: “Ok, thanks for all posting, but can I have the idiots version please? What do I do to set the docker base path so I can try it out? ” It's up to you. It just needs to be an existing directory on a drive that you have set to be a shared folder. I set mine as a directory named "docker" that is on the root of one of my data drives.

• No idea what storage driver I use, I didn't specify anything that I can recall.

• Is Plex plugin abandoned?

gderf - - Plugins

Regarding the linuxserver Plex docker being self updating. Do you know how about much lag is typical between an update of Plex Media Server made by Plex.tv and an update to the docker? Do you know if the official docker offered by Plex.tv has any advantages over the Linuxserver build? Do either (or any other) Plex dockers offer provisions for PlexPass users? Thanks for any insight you might have on this.

• Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

gderf - - Plugins

An easy way to visualize this is to determine what user:group on the system has sufficient rights to access the files and folders that a docker needs to read and write to. Then just run the container as that user:group. And no, root does not count All my data drive directories and files are owned by the only user I created on the system - myfirstname, who belongs to the users group. So, all my dockers run with PUID: myfirstname and PGID:users. This isn't something I had to force things into or r…

• When might that github commit make it out as an update in the repo? If the update breaks my dockers, I'll let you know

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from Ralms: “Quote from gderf: “The Plex plugin doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the performance of the Plex Media Server program. ” I think you forgot to read the rest of the replies including the one I've mentioned lol ” And what do those replies have to do with the assertion you made but failed to validate? Why mention anything derogatory that you yourself do not know to be true?

gderf - - Plugins

The Plex plugin doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the performance of the Plex Media Server program.

• OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from donh: “On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct? According to this bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1756 iscsi may not be maintained anymore. Probably still works, I don't use it. I do use lvm. ” If they are core plugins they are not available on omvextras.org. If you have not yet installed OMV 3.x, you can't see that they are in core

• Upgrade 2-3

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

Your decision regarding skipping OMV 3.x and going straight to 4.x will depend on some factors. The first thing is available plugins. The list of what is available in 3.x got a lot shorter in 4.x. So if any must haves are missing in OMV 4.x you will have to use dockers or install packages manually. I did a mix of those, finding some of the available dockers lacking. Second will be support. OMV 3.x is based on debian jessie which is going EOL pretty soon - officially around June 2018 . There may …

• OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?

gderf - - Plugins

Sometimes plugins that once were in omvextras.org are brought into core OMV. So if you are looking at omvextras.org for an LVM plugin, you won't find it - it's now a core capability - just enable the plugin. I don't know what's happening with iscsi other than there is no omvextras.org plugin for it at all, and I do not see one in core OMV 4.x. No idea what's in OMV 3.x. I seem to remember reading something about kernel compatibility and iscsi. But since I don't use it myself, I didn't pay any at…

• Upgrade 2-3

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

As it has been said many, many times on this forum, there is no way to restore any OMV configuration onto a fresh install other than by configuring it all by hand from scratch. It is for this reason you should take copious notes about, and screenshots of, your prior install to use as guides when setting up a fresh install. Having a copy of the prior install's config.xml to use as reference would also be helpful. Do you have these things available? Having said that you have nothing to lose but pe…

• looking for Plex alternative

gderf - - General

Quote from ajaja: “Quote from flmaxey: “…there's advice on the form for relocating metadata storage to a data drive. ” Where might I find the advice? I set my Database Volume and Folder in OMV's PLEX setup to be: /srv/store/plexmediaserver/, yet PLEX stores nearly 20GB onto my boot USB in less than a week. There seems to be too much here regarding PLEX that my searching ability falls short. Thanks for your help. Jerry ” You can always attempt to make this change yourself manually as documented o…

• Quote from subzero79: “Is ok. Just in the data drive that’s going to hold the docker root directory. Don’t think the flag helps that much in Omv, but is by default since the beginning. ” I think I mentioned this before. I set my Docker base path to be a directory on a data drive in the plugin and all my data drives are set noexec. OMV then set the following bind mount in fstab: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d4/docker /var/lib/docker/openmediavault none bind,defaults 0 0 It was not necessary to remove t…

gderf - - Plugins

Plex is being kept current on OMV 4.x amd64. I am not sure what is happening on OMV 3.x. Current build in the repo is 1.10.1.4602 which is what is also currently being provided by Plex.tv. The current beta version (PlexPass) is 1.11.3.4803, but betas are not available in the OMV repos. What hardware platform and version of OMV are you on? What version of Plex is the latest you can access? The plugin only installs Plex Media Server and offers some configuration options. It has nothing to do with …

• Storage Quotas

gderf - - General

Read up on it. debian-administration.org/arti…of_disk_space_with_quotas

• Storage Quotas

gderf - - General

A storage quota sets a restriction on the amount of disk space a user can consume.

gderf - - Plugins

I am not talking about the container or its root. I am talking about the container being able to have the read/write access to directories and files on the system's data storage drives it needs, outside the container, without having to be run as the system root user. You should never, ever run any process as the system root user unless it absolutely required. That includes docker containers. The security gain here is not allowing a container's processes be able to destroy your system. OMV's delu…

gderf - - Plugins

I suggest not running containers as root to get around problems with system storage path permissions and ownerships. Fix the permissions and ownerships of the storage files and folders instead so that you can run the container as an ordinary user, one that has the appropriate rights to the files and folders. PUID and PGID refer to a system user and a system group, not a user and group within the container.

gderf - - Plugins

I am referring to the container configuration environment variables where I see PUID 0

gderf - - Plugins

Why are you running that container as root?