Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 522.

• Quote from salopette: “TOSHIBA EXT ” There are other threads here with the same problem. It seems to be the space in the label. Please unmount, change the label name (remove the blank) and try mounting again.

• Quote from tkaiser: “If a 'backup' deletes at the destination what has been deleted at the source then it's not a backup but just a primitive clone. It's almost as useless as RAID-1 since once you accidentally delete stuff it's gone where it should have been preserved too. ” I am not this opinion. There is a big difference between a RAID-1 approach and a rsync job with the --delete option. In a RAID configuration the change is immediately done on the other disks. With an rsync job or USBbackup I…

• Quote from acseadp: “to back up what you have ? ” To backup what you have is one thing. To delete in the backup what you not have is another. A lot of people prefer to save everything what they have had in the past and to keep older files in the backup. This may be the reason for the OMV default setting. In my personal opinion this leads to a lot of rubbish in the backup, which makes a restore difficult.

• Quote from acseadp: “Then I deleted one of my flac albums on my hard drive and ran rsync and to my suprise it did'nt delete this in OMV ” Did you use the command line for your rsync job or USBbackup plugin? There is a command line switch to delete target files which don´t exist anymore in the source file list.

• There is an issue with zfs and iscsi with newer kernel in OMV3 iscsi target on latest openmediavault

• default Login - first login?

cabrio_leo - - General

From the picture in the first post I would assume it shows a local console login, no SSH. I you want to use 'root' for login, you have to use the approprate password. This is normally set during the installation process, if the default omv installer is used. I don´t know if this is different for Rpi. Quote from HanzWurzt: “login=admin with password=openmediavault ” This is the default login for the WebUI.

• Access to W10 shared folder

cabrio_leo - - General

omv = openmediavault Did you refresh the plugin list after enabling omv-extras?

• looking for Plex alternative

cabrio_leo - - General

Offtopic ON Quote from strix: “oh sry kann ich das irgendwie löschen ” Ja, über die "Erweiterte Bearbeitung" auf dem jeweiligen Post und dann auf "Diesen Beitrag in den Papierkorb verschieben". Es sieht dann so aus, wie gerade eben bei meinem nächsten Beitrag - Versehentlichen Doppelpost gelöscht. Offtopic OFF

• Start alternative Clonezilla iso

cabrio_leo - - General

You should inform @ryecoaaron about this approach.

• Quote from Noneatme: “Just download the .deb ” Which distribution did you use? I see only Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS? Most likely Ubuntu, because it´s Debian-based. There are other posts here which recommend to use a Docker image as a further opportunity.

• cron script problem

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from bbm: “I have an entry ./root/scriptname.sh (the script is in /root/scriptname.sh) ” First of all I would try a different directory for script storage. I am not sure If the daily cron job can access a root directory. The admin user may have root rights. Therefore you can start the job from the WebUI successfully. Another reason could be your extension '.sh'. Some scripts are only executed it they have no extension. For testing purpose you could change the execution intervall to hourly …

• Quote from flmaxey: “If the keyboard worked during the installation, it should work after OMV first reboots. ” Hi @flmaxey I am quite sure that this is not a hardware problem

• Ja hallo, auf Deutsch geht´s ja viel einfacher. Ich habe gerade auf deinen englischen Thread geantwortet. Unter Linux wird das root Passwort nicht angezeigt. Also einfach eingeben und Return drücken und sich nicht davon stören lassen, dass es auf dem Bildschirm nicht angezeigt wird.

• Do you want to login as 'root' to the local console? Then simply enter the right password and press Return. The password is not shown at the console. When you are logged in, type omv-firstaid and then <1> to configure your network interface. Have you entered a DNS server in the OVM configuration? That is important.

• There were issues with the latest plexmediaserver plugin. Please search the forum.

• Plex and Apt update problem

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from Trekmaster: “When i go into Plex Web Client at "IP":32400, it's just saying "Looking for Servers...." ” I remember that there were similar threads already here in the forum. Please search the forum for "Looking for Servers" (with exclamation marks!). There is a thread called "plexplugin installed but Website says no Server found..".

• Communication failure - Jdownloader

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from SnakeDoc: “"communication failure" ” This is a well known error in OMV and can have many reason - and actually no solution. In many cases the system is completely utilized by another task and did not respond in the expected time. E.g. waiting until all disk have spun up after a disk standby while going to the storage / filesystem menu. This was my case. I don´t know jdownloader. Maybe the plugin is trying to connect to somewhere, but without success and therefore make retries endlessl…

• Wenn du nicht gut bist auf der Linux Kommandozeile, empfehle ich dir den Midnight Commander zu installieren. Ist ein Norton Commander Clone, falls du den noch kennst Also über SSH als root einlogen, MC starten und dann geht das Löschen eigentlich ganz bequem und vor allem ohne irgendwelche Kommandozeilenbefehle bemühen zu müssen. Alternativ geht das auch über WinSCP. Darüber hast du auch Zugriff auf das Filesystem der OMV Systemplatte. PS: Ein Satzzeichen am Ende einen Satzes oder mal in der Mit…

• USB Backup to NTFS

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Hi @hdw, I am using USB backup too, but my external USB drives are formatted with ext4. Therefore the data is backuped with alle linux file priviledges. This is a great advantage compared to NTFS. But it is not possible to connect these drives directly to a Windows PC without additional drivers. There should be drivers available for Windows (e.g. ExtFS / Paragon) to support ext4-drives but I have no personal experience with it. Another possibility to read data from linux formatted drives is to b…

• USB Backup to NTFS

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from hdw: “Secondly I would like some advice on importing media from an NTFS drive using the plugin, would this be safe to do? Last question: some people advice using WinSCP as an alternative to directly copy files to an attached NTFS drive on OMV. ” Personally I prefer midnight commander (mc) in a ssh command line shell for such jobs. I would not use the USB backup plugin for that. Connect your NTFS formatted USB drive to the OMV box, mount it by the WebUI and you will find your disk unde…