Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Update to OMV 3.XY recommended ?

ryecoaaron - - General

I wouldn't update 2.x to either version. I recommend doing a fresh install of OMV 4.x Your errors are happening because the system is not resolving DNS. Did you change a network setting?

• Quote from Huberer: “Would you be so kind and update the plugin with all the commits? ” Done.

• sFTP shares

ryecoaaron - - SSH

Quote from moreje: “my multiple access feature seems to be related to the fact that, after changing the shared folder from XXXX to YYYY, YYYY is mounted in /sft/user/YYYY but XXXX is not unmounted, and so , still reachable through sftp.... ” Changing shared folder names is always a tricky thing to deal with when other mount points are involved. Generally rebooting is the best thing to do to fix things.

• Probably a difference between mysql and mariadb. Which are you using? dpkg -l | grep -E "mysql|mariadb"

• nginx with ipv4 only...

ryecoaaron - - Network

Why not just enable ipv6 on the machine?

• sFTP shares

ryecoaaron - - SSH

Ok. did you add your user to the sftp-access group? On the Access List tab, you can add the same user more than once to give them access to more than one shared folder. If you don't add the user to the sftp-access group, they can see anything on the system they have access to.

• sFTP shares

ryecoaaron - - SSH

Just to make sure, are you referring to the sftp plugin from omv-extras or the ftp plugin included with OMV?

• New System installation

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from danieliod: “Please help me understand what are the options. ” Are you using raid because you can't afford to have the system down while restoring from backup? If being down for a few hours is acceptable, you don't need raid. Good backup is all you need. If each disk was formatted ext4 and you pooled them with mergerfs (unionfilesystem plugin), it would be super easy to add more drives. This is what I do. If a drive fails, the only files that would be inaccessible are the files on the …

• Virtualbox for Omv3 doesn't work

ryecoaaron - - General

Sounds like something is wrong with your shared folder you selected for the VMs. Let me guess... it has a space in it?

• The plugin just creates fstab entries. So, if you can find a way to delay an fstab entry by adding something to the options, this is about the only way you could do what you want.

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Hwaiting: “Anyone experience this? ” It doesn't "morph" it. When the plugin creates the cert in the ssl section of OMV, it works but when renewing a cert, OMV doesn't update the private key because it already exists. This was fixed in OMV 4.x. I just haven't come up with a workaround for OMV 3.x other than deleting the cert in the OMV Cert SSL tab and creating new.

• It is almost always an issue with compiling the vboxdrv. What other solutions did you try?

• It can be difficult to move to a usb stick if it is smaller capacity than the hard drive. Clonezilla is what I would use and the icds option in advanced options might be helpful.

• Quote from rudis: “If one have disable the swap with swapoff -a and removed the partition in /etc/fstab? ” If you disable swap on a low memory box, then you are risking OOMing the box especially if you use a lot of tmpfs.

• Quote from Huberer: “Would you be so kind and update the ASP so that these problems here are gone? ” As with all changes to the script in that plugin, I don't have a way to test. So, if you could test and report back, I will update the repo.

• armel isn't support with OMV or omv-extras for armel. So, there will not be an armel repo. If you want to use the plugin, you can try manually downloading and installing the plugin from another architecture.

• Is Plex plugin abandoned?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Ralms: “Has the plugin been abandoned? ” I'm trying to not have to update it in favor of using docker.

• Quote from Noneatme: “I also had issues with Plex in the past. I recommend using the Plex image from their official website. I've read somewhere that the omv plugin has multiple issues and will be gone in some time. Just download the .deb from here , dpkg -i it and you should be fine. ” I recommend using docker...

• Start alternative Clonezilla iso

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Stramm: “So can anyone tell me where to find the config for the 'reboot button' ” Unfortunately, to get the changed ISO to work with omv-extras, it would require changing omv-extras. If you did that on just your system, the changes would be overwritten by an update. If you just want the grub menu entry, copy /etc/grub.d/42_clonezilla to /etc/grub.d/43_whatever and you can probably tell what to modify in that file.

• Quote from berritorre: “I am now wondering if it wouldn't be more sensible to go straight to 4.x ” I would use 4.x. Quote from berritorre: “I noticed that the USB-Backup plugin doesn't exit for both, 3.x and 4.x. ” openmediavault-usbbackup is a core plugin and always has been. openmediavault-backup is an omv-extras plugin but wouldn't make offsite backups. Looking at my OMV 4.x installs, the usbbackup plugin is in the list.