Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Meltdown Spectre

antsh - - General

Looks like the backport kernel pushed today contains the patches for meltdown. (4.14.13-1).

• Thanks, ryecoaaron. In no way did I want it to come off frustrated, I really appreciate all the work you do, and I am sure everyone on here does as well. I am sure this will be a question that gets asked a lot as soon as 4.0 is announced as I assume most people using OMV use some combination of sab( or nzbget)/sonarr/radarr/couchpotato, etc. Just trying to figure out the best path for a fresh install that I will be doing this weekend.

• One quick question, now that I am thinking about it though. What is the upgrade path going to look like for people using the OMV plugins in 3.x when they upgrade to 4.x? Will those plugins stop working, or just stop being maintained? Let's say I install 3.x today, and use the plugins. When 4.x comes around (officially in some sense), do I need to backup all of my data, uninstall the plugins, and set everything up in docker? Thanks for all the help!

• Sounds like a plan, thanks!

• Are there any plans to have 4.0 versions of sabnzbd, sonarr and radarr plugins? I have to do a fresh install soon, and I think those are the only ones I am not seeing (on omv-extras.org anyway).

• Sonarr AppData Directory

antsh - - Plugins

Hi Everyone, I need a favor. Can someone using the default sonarr plugin post the location of the AppData directory on the root drive? It can be found by going to system:about menu in the plugin. Long story short, I hosed my install and have the drive mounted as read only at the moment. I'd like to back up my sonarr settings, and the wiki says just to backup that directory. I have no idea where it is by default on an OMV install, however. Thank you in advance!

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

antsh - - Plugins

I have a very beginner level question. Is there a way to edit the docker run command that the plugin uses, or maybe that is not even needed for my situation. I am using the below docker to perform background Handbrake jobs: hub.docker.com/r/coppit/handbrake/ What I would like to do is add a specific command as described in the document to lower the priority of the handbrake encode. In the description it says: Adding the flag --cap-add=SYS_NICE allows the container to run HandBrake at a lower pri…

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

antsh - - Plugins

I would like to request a RADIUS server plugin.

• Slow to connect to SMB share from Mac

antsh - - CIFS/SMB

Hi Everyone, I am running 3.0.59 and am connecting to my shares via SMB on a Mac (10.12). The initial connection to the server is very slow. I click on the server, and then it connects (without anything listed) for a good 20-30 seconds. During this time, I see this listed in the console on the Mac over and over: kernel SandboxViolation: airportd(68) deny(1) file-read-metadata /Users Any ideas anyone?

• Trim Not Enabled

antsh - - General

I have OMV 3.0.59 installed on an SSD (fresh install). I noticed looking at fstab that trim isn't enabled. I thought that omv enabled trim automatically on SSDs. Any reason why it might not have, and how can I turn it on? Thank you in advance.

• Not to hijack, I can open another thread if needed, but what is the best way to re partition a drive with OMV already installed? I just setup my OMV 3.0.59 system the way I like, but it is on a 160GB SSD. Would love to shrink down the system partition in order to open up some space for scratch, swap, etc.

• Do you have generate video preview thumbnails enabled? This will scan every movie in your library and generate those thumbnails you would see during seeking. This can cause a very high load on a system for quite a while upon original library scan, as well as anytime you add new media.

• Error Using Update Manager

antsh - - General

When I try to check for updates using the update manager in the UI, I get the following error: Source Code (1 line) Can someone help me by taking a look at the error and suggesting what I might be able to do to get rid of it? Thanks!

• Par2 Multicore

antsh - - Plugins

I tried that guide earlier, but it returned some errors. I will try again tonight, and post the errors I get, hopefully someone could help me out. Thanks!

• Par2 Multicore

antsh - - Plugins

I am trying a way to either get a deb package, or instructions on how to compile Par2 Multicore under openmediavault. I am hoping to use it in conjunction with sabnzbd. The few guides I have found online on how to compile it results in errors for me. Can anybody help? Also, would it be possible to maybe include it with the sabnzbd plugin?

• Would it be able to update the SubSonic install script? The final of 4.9 has been released.

• Re: A Few Questoins about AUFS

antsh - - Plugins

Thank you for all of your support. It looks like that is indeed the same issue, as the same thing is happening with my NFS shares.

antsh - - Plugins

Thanks for the respond reycoaaron. After checking the permissions on all the related shares, they all seem to be right. I am not getting any permissions issues besides being able to list inside the contents using ftp. I was doing a little digging, and it seems like the FTP issue might stem from chroot, default root and symlinks as described here: proftpd.org/docs/howto/Chroot.html Can you check if you can list inside your pools using FTP rycoaaron? I am wondering if there is an elegant solution …

antsh - - Plugins

A quick shameless bump? I was hoping ryecoaaron could chime in?

• A Few Questoins about AUFS

antsh - - Plugins

Firstly, thank you everyone for your continued work on openmediavault, and the AUFS plugin. I have just started using it, and am getting good results so far. I do have a few quick questions: 1. I noticed that if I share the bind shares through the FTP service, the bind share directory comes up as empty. Is there a way to resolve this, or is this a limitation of using FTP and AUFS together? 2. How are permissions applied throughout the AUFS filesystem? Do I need to apply them to the branches, bin…