Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 179.

• no updates

richprim - - General

Thanks for the reply. I did a apt-get update and now I do have the updates. Also my main drive problem was a 3.5 inch hard drive to USB adaptor. It had partly slipped out of the hard drive connector and corrupted the main drive. I was able to rebuild the main drive with my Rsync drive data. Thank you for the assistance, Rich Prim

• main drive no accessible

richprim - - General

Problem, main drive not accessible, I have a main drive and a Rsync drive. I found the main drive not mounted, so I tried to mount it and it said "structure needs cleaning". How do I "clean the structure". Rich Prim

• no updates

richprim - - General

Usually there are more things listed, my list is blank. Just found this in the system cron[1133]:authentication token is no longer valid: new one required Thank you Rich Prim

• no updates

richprim - - General

Gentlemen I am running OMV 3.0.97 on a RPi 3 and I am not getting any updates especially OMV update versions. I tried both DHCP and static IP address but still not updates Router is on 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP address is 192.168.1.209? Thanks Rich Prim

• I am running version 3 and it needs SMB1 turned on in windows.

• Plex Newb

richprim - - General

It also allows you to see you files at a neighbor or other location outside you home. I live near Philadelphia PA USA and watched my videos in Dayton Ohio USA, my Son's home, really cool. Rich Prim

• gain access to the rsync drive files

richprim - - General

That's a real good idea, thanks. Rich Prim

richprim - - General

Just tried it with Filezilla, works like a charm. Thanks R Prim

richprim - - General

Oh by the way, I am using Ubuntu 17.04 Rich Prim

richprim - - General

Its on the same server, I have 2ea I tb drives plugged into a Raspberrypi (vial a USB hub for power). You are saying I can use Filezilla (very familiar with) to access by Rsync drive and then copy my files to a new main drive. I should have thought of that, thank you and i will try this after the holidays. Thank you Rich Prim

richprim - - General

How do I gain access to the files and folders on the rsync drive? I wanted to know this in the event the main drive fails and I need to rebuild it from the rsync drive. Rich Prim

• New user - Need help with starting

richprim - - General

Use etcher.io Best little SD card burner around and it free! Even burns some compressed files like zip files It also checks you SD card for errors. Rich Prim

• My Raspberrypi NAS

richprim - - My NAS Build

My little Raspberrypi 3 NAS. Built it for my Chruch. Top drive is the main drive 2tb 3.5 inch hard drive with Sata to USB adaptor. Lower one is a the rsync driver 2tb 3.5 inch drive with Sata to USB adaptor. Rich Prim

• hi cpu temperature

richprim - - General

Yes I believe you are correct that this is not a problem. I did hook up a second RPi 3 to my server bracket and its heat sync feels the same, but registers 41 degrees C instead of 50. Thanks for the info. Rich Prim

• hi cpu temperature

richprim - - General

Ok can you give me the complete command, not real sure how to use htop. The CPU is at almost zero load. I felt the heat sync on the cpu and it isnt very warm. Raspberrypi 3, soft ware version 3.0.88 Rich Prim

• hi cpu temperature

richprim - - General

When I log in via putty or ssh (ubuntu) the raspberrypi shows a cpu temp of 50 degrees C in red. Is this a problem and is there a fix? Running the latest openmediavault raspberrypi version. Richard

• Many of us, we use the Raspberrypi because of its low power requirements. For a home server, running 5 watts when the drives are asleep is great. Like running a night light. Rich Prim

• OMV 4 image for Raspberrypi

richprim - - General

Just wanted to try it out. Rich

• SMB

richprim - - General

Actually that didn't make any sense, I turned off SMB v1 in the windows computer. A senior moment. Rich Prim

• SMB

richprim - - General

The client was a windows 10 computer. I was just following a suggestion to keep ransom ware out of the computer. Ubuntu doesn't seem to have a problem with SMB v1 turned off Rich Prim