Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from lozzareeves: “The one I use is a Samsung Evo Plus, real cheap but the best performance. ” Not any more. Currently I would prefer SanDisk A1 cards. Starting with UItra A1, then Extreme A1 and for highest performance and reliability Extreme Plus A1: forum.armbian.com/topic/6496-o…findComment&comment=49404 (the A1 is the most important part of the product name when it's about performance!)

• Quote from cabrio_leo: “In my personal opinion this leads to a lot of rubbish in the backup, which makes a restore difficult ” If a 'backup' deletes at the destination what has been deleted at the source then it's not a backup but just a primitive clone. It's almost as useless as RAID-1 since once you accidentally delete stuff it's gone where it should have been preserved too. Of course just syncing stuff in one large pool is not the smartest attempt. Even with rsync there exist better variants …

• Recovering data from a noob mistake?

tkaiser - - RAID

Quote from PlatypusRider: “cp config.xml /dev/md0 ” How large is config.xml? If you know this you know the amount of data you've overwritten at the beginning of the md0 device. Now use some Google-Fu to explore how mdraid organizes it's data on the used disks, maybe it's as easy as rewriting RAID superblocks or whatever magic is involved (no idea, I don't use mdraid and especially not the close to useless RAID-1 mode) That having said and since you seem to miss your data what about thinking abou…

• Clone OMV SD Card Possible?

tkaiser - - General

Quote from Crady: “I realized the card is split into multiple drive letters ” So what? Your tool does device backups anyway (including all partitions, the partition table and the bootloader): thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-p…our-raspberry-pis-sd-card

• Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

• Quote from Ninja_Slayer: “OMV on my odroid c2 ” With an older image there was a problem when the router / DHCP server was IPv6 capable. I thought that we'd fixed this on latest image but at least this would be worth a look and try. In case your router also takes care of IPv6 try to temporarely disable this, burn image again, boot and see what happens. OMV will reboot itself one time automatically and this IPv6 bug led to no network after reboot due to screwed up /etc/network/interfaces file.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

tkaiser - - Announcements

Quote from elvenbone: “I used dd on the img file inside the archive. Did not try etcher yet ” That's a great recipe to run into troubles as you did. If you again used dd I would start from scratch. It's really a pretty bad idea to just TRY to write data to an SD card WITHOUT VERIFY. Since data pretty often gets corrupted while writing it to a card (card reader problems in addition to the usual SD card problems. Only use Etcher. Always)

• no updates

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “No idea what cron job that is ” I think this is related to github.com/ThomasKaiser/OMV_fo…2fba956b263e062ea2bf66b9a (enforced root user password change, IIRC some users reported also problems when installing certain plug-ins and the only way to solve the problem is to login as root at least once and to assign a new password)

• What about accessing odroidxu4 from a client machine? This should read as Source Code (1 line)and assumes that XU4 is connected to the network, gets a DHCP lease and the router implements dynamic DNS updates. The 'no network interface(s)' outputted at the XU4 local console is irrelevant (timing problem)

• Quote from tmihai20: “I just found out there is a 4.14 kernel from HardKernel. Will the new version come in an update or a fresh install will be needed? ” Via an update of course. But currently IMO there's a lot wrong with Armbian and reliability. The last attempt to switch to 4.14 led to bricked boards due to 'processes' that make no sense at all (rolling out updates without communicating and no sufficient testing): - forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/21575 - forum.armbian.com/topic/629…

• Large EXT4 Volumes

tkaiser - - General

Quote from jerryfudd: “If it was anything more than a home setup with all due respect (and I really mean that) I wouldn't be using OMV. ” Interesting. Since you don't trust in Linux and Debian being reliable or why?

• Openmediavault 'plug'

tkaiser - - Off-Topic

Unfortunately he used an old and crappy SSD from a decade ago (he calls 'nice and fast' -- LOL!) which results in the poor NAS performance. If he would've used a fast SSD NAS performance would've remained above 100 MB/s all the time and even any 2.5" HDD would've done a better job.

• Large EXT4 Volumes

tkaiser - - General

Quote from jerryfudd: “Maybe I'm missing something, but which surprise will the Rock64 bring? ” Whether you can create an ext4 larger than 16TiB or not. I already mentioned it: serverfault.com/questions/4620…18tb-raid-6/536758#536758 Have you ever had to replace a drive in a RAID just to realize that the huge amount of stress during the rebuild process not only slows performance down too much but also another disk gets killed in the process? Ever ran an fsck on a damaged filesystem that did not …

• Large EXT4 Volumes

tkaiser - - General

Quote from jerryfudd: “I'm guessing was down to breaking the 16TB mark? ” Exactly. See the same issue here (2nd post with some explanations): forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/21748 The RPi OMV image boots by default with a 32-bit kernel and ships with an armhf (32-bit) userland. We provide a 64-bit ARMv8 kernel too but you're on your own how to get the VC4 bootloader load this one instead of the default (that receives kernel upgrades whereas the 64-bit kernel is an outdated 4.11). Once …

• Moiunt failed. "File too Large"

tkaiser - - General

Quote from henfri: “Why do you want to create a raid? ” Maybe since it's a concept that has been invented to withstand the fail of a single physical disk? A RAID5 (while being a really horribly bad idea in 2018 with drives of this size) retains all data when one drive fails. Nothing more, nothing less. If you search for data protection as you correctly mentioned a backup strategy and a technical implementation is needed.

• Moiunt failed. "File too Large"

tkaiser - - General

serverfault.com/a/536758

• Dateisystem wird nicht erstellt.

tkaiser - - General

Ist die eine Platte zufällig eine WD RED und Du bist auf Kernel 4.13 oder 4.14?

• Lack of menu after login

tkaiser - - General

Quote from subzero79: “Also did you install the flash memory plugin? ” If the guy providing this minibian something really followed this guide as he claims then not. Good luck with a lot of unnecessary support issues the next time

• Lack of menu after login

tkaiser - - General

Quote from maliszep: “So I have downloaded image of OMV, which should be ready to attach to berryboot, from this page: berryboot.alexgoldcheidt.com/images/ There is an image of OMV 3.0.96 - date 28.01.2018, so pretty fresh. ” And 100% unsupported. The official OMV image on the RPi is supposed to do lots of stuff at first boot and contains some important optimizations. No idea what the guy providing this 'minibian based OMV berryboot' thing did but obviously something went wrong (IMO the whole pr…

• Quote from mipi: “A backup in the way mentioned here? ” A backup that is known to work. Sorry, I don't own any of those Marvell based NAS boxes and can't say anything about them other than what we both can find on the net. Maybe in 2018 this will change and I get my hands on an Asustor AS4000 for the sole reason that this device is based on new and pretty capable Armada 7K ARM64 SoC for which Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons) are contracted to do the mainline kernel work. If kernel support is su…