Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 298.

• USB Backup to NTFS

David B - - Plugins

Quote from Blabla: “what should we use then? considering that the backup should be accessible from windows. ” Unless you are physically moving the flash drive between your OMV server and Windows, the file system you use does not matter. You can use whatever file system you want if you are only going to access it over the network.

• please erease me, nobody care

David B - - General

Quote from stratege1401: “the thread was so bad, i try to erased it and i start over wu=ith more info ... sorry ” It's all good. I assume that it is this one?

• please erease me, nobody care

David B - - General

Sometimes you just need to wait a while, and somebody will help you out. Unfortunately, nobody's going to help you now because you've erased your question so nobody can see what you needed help with.

• Alternative to GoodSync

David B - - General

Thank you for the list. As far as I can tell, the two options that you have listed that are the closest to GoodSync are SparkleShare and csync, so I will look in to those when I get a chance. As for Duplicati, I knew that version 1 only dealt with backup files, but I thought version 2 did. If that's not the case, then I am afraid it's not suitable for my purpose.

• Error installing Goodsync

David B - - Plugins

Quote from santheman: “Ah, that's unfortunate. I agree with you that Goodsync should have given their customers a warning. ” Yeah. I'm sorry about that. After customer support told me that it was no longer free for personal use, I responded asking why the website still stated that it was free for personal use. After I sent that message, they updated the website. If I had not sent them a message asking why the site had not been updated, it would probably still have inaccurate information on it. A…

David B - - General

Quote from macom: “How about Duplicati? ” Ah yes! Duplicati! I used to use Duplicati years ago back when it was still on version 1. I haven't tried out version 2. Perhaps now would be a good time to do so.

David B - - General

It's not the software that I have a problem with. I know GoodSync is great. That's what I've been using it. The issue I have here is that they're playing stupid games with their Linux licenses and I don't like it. For what it's worth, I updated my OMV server to use GoodSync 10.7.5.5 today, and despite my talk with customer service who told me that it's no longer free, it seems to be working for me again, although the web UI has a new message in popping up that says, "Number of Users exceeds lice…

David B - - General

As some of you may know, I am the developer of the openmediavault-goodsync plugin. Unfortunately, the company that develops GoodSync has recently started charging for the use of GoodSync on Linux. As a result, I am ending development of the plugin immediately, and must find an alternative solution for syncing. I have been checking out rclone and Syncthing, but neither of them have the complete feature set that GoodSync had that I am looking for. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me…

• Error installing Goodsync

David B - - Plugins

I am the developer of the GoodSync plugin. Unfortunately, the company behind GoodSync has decided to no longer offer the Linux version of GoodSync for free, meaning a license is now required if one wants to use it. Because of this, I am no longer going to support the plugin. If the company behind the software cannot be trusted to at least give their customers a warning, then they cannot be trusted to sync my personal data accurately.

• Can I reclaim the swap partition?

David B - - General

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working the way you want!

David B - - General

Quote from 2devnull: “I believe OMV has their own section in /etc/fstab that they change, anything outside these shouldn't be touch: Source Code (2 lines)The issue I am now having is OMV ui wouldn't let me make a share folder on this partition, like it is trying to protect the same physical device the OS is on. ” I just looked at the fstab file and I see what you mean about that. To make it possible to use the partition to make a shared folder, you may have to add the partition using the method …

David B - - General

Quote from 2devnull: “Quote from David B: “Yes, it is possible to remove the swap partition. I did so using GParted, but I believe that you can do directly from the terminal while booted into OMV. I'm not sure how to though. Perhaps @ryecoaaron or @votdev would know? ” Did you have to manually change /etc/fstab to mount that new partition that replaced the swap one or did OMV automatically changed the /etc/fstab after detecting it? ” After I added the new partition, it was available in the "File…

David B - - General

Yes, it is possible to remove the swap partition. I did so using GParted, but I believe that you can do directly from the terminal while booted into OMV. I'm not sure how to though. Perhaps @ryecoaaron or @votdev would know?

• Mount MEGA Cloud Storage on NAS

David B - - General

Quote from subzero79: “There is a systemd unit provided there that’s made for multiple accounts looks like, maybe more like different users, probably desktop oriented. github.com/matteoserva/MegaFus…aster/megafuse%40.service ” Yeah I saw that when poking around. I am considering writing a shell script that will be executed as a service that will auto-mount my accounts. To push this even further, it would be nice if I could have those multiple accounts mount under the same folder so it appears as…

David B - - General

Quote from subzero79: “Shouldn’t be a problem, don’t think is easy as download as the pve doesn’t provide any binary releases. Looks like you have to build the binary. Just make sure you mount the folder in a disk already mounted so you can use it as shared folder. ” Okay sounds good. I've already built the binary so that's not the issue. The issue that I'm facing is how to set up the program so that it mounts automatically as well as how to get the program to mount multiple accounts.

David B - - General

I have two MEGA Cloud Storage accounts that I would like to mount on my OpenMediaVault server so that I can access the files stored on those two accounts as if they were a local network drive. Is this possible to do easily via OMV? If not, is there another, non-OMV way I could do this? I found a program called MegaFuse that seems to do what I want, but I am not sure if it will play nice with OpenMediaVault.

• My MediaServer

David B - - My NAS Build

Quote from seloco: “Never again I will use storage without RAID… ” What about using Rsync? That's what I do. Every 24 hours, changes to the data on my network-shared hard drive are copied to a separate hard drive. It's also easier to manage than RAID.

• Quote from DanieleU.: “Quote from creamsicle: “Apparently, Windows 10 Build 1709 deprecated SMB 1.0: social.technet.microsoft.com/F…orum=win10itpronetworking My PC's running older versions of Windows can continue to access my OMV's SMB shares without issue. The newer build PC's cannot. Is there a way to update my OMV to use SMB 2 or 3? ” Disabling smb1 in Windows-Features in Windows 10 1709 helped for me.forum.openmediavault.org/index…3cb533156fa2a995cbad9342f Picture is in german. Sorry for tha…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “What file system would be best for doing this sort of thing? ” As written above: Any POSIX compliant filesystem, that's basically all those OMV 'allows' to use (ext4, XFS, btrfs, ZFS -- for the latter you need to install the ZFS plugin and maybe that's nothing for filesystem novices) ” Quote from macom: “To keep it simple and stupid (KISS): ext4 If you want to invest some time to get familiar with more modern file systems: BTRFS or ZFS (you need to read …

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “sometimes it is necessary for me to pull one of my hard drives and attach them to a computer running Windows. ” You should never do this since you introduce trouble with (meta)data represenation (so called 'alternate data streams' that are stored on Windows/NTFS in NTFS file streams but totally different when using Samba) and most probably you run unknowingly in encoding troubles too (again Samba expects a POSIX file system and does a translation from UT…