Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

• please refer to this thread: forum.openmediavault.org/index…el-upgrade/?postID=172905 In this thread the same issue is discussed.

• Quote from christiscarborough: “ For some reason one of my ZFS filessystems has no mntent entry. It cannot be selected from the filesystems dropdown. ” I know you solved it with recreation of the filesystem, but maybe it helps others: Should be enough to go to the Filesystem Section in the webinterface, and click to "mount". The ZFS filesystem is already mounted, but in my case this generates the entry in the XML.

• I had the same issue during the downgrade to 4.14. I can confirm, that the UUID's of the ZFS filesystems changed. I fixed the issue with editing the config file stored /etc/openmediavault/config.xml I created a test shared folder in each file system to get the new UUID. blkid does not show the ZFS UUIDs, therefore I decided to go this way. Search for the Tag "sharedfolder", you will find a construct like that: Source Code (8 lines) Search for the new shared folder and copy the mntentref value. T…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I just submitted the bug report to Debian. Just have to wait now. ” Do you have a link to your bug report in the debian tracker? I encountered the same issue on Saturday, I've done an downgrade to the 4.14 kernel. Is there anybody that can answer the following question: Is there an improvement for the ZFS Plugin with the newer backports kernel instead of the stable kernel? I would say no. I was thinking about to use the stable kernel instead of the backports. I have no ha…

• I have the same issue after upgrading from OMV 3 to OMV4. When I execute apt-get update I recieve the same message at the bottom of the command. On my system are now two python version installed: Source Code (4 lines)Does anybody know if it is safe to remove python 2.7.13 and point the python command to the python3.5 executable? Does OMV4 need python?

• Welcher Medienserver

tux1337 - - Plugins

Du wirst wohl ums ausprobieren nicht herum kommen, was genau du brauchst wird dir hier nur schwer jemand beantworten können. Installiere OMV einfach in einer virtuellen Maschine (zB VirtualBox). Dann kannst du die Plugins einfach ausprobieren und per Snapshot wieder auf den letzten Zustand zurück.

• Antivirus jobs schedule

tux1337 - - Plugins

it is the notation that cronjobs use. In the german wikipedia there is a really useful explanation with examples, unfortunately it is not available in the english one. But maybe you will find another one when you search for crontab or cronjobs. In your specific configuration, for example the first line, it will start on the 1. day of the month (for example 1st December) on 11:26am, it use 24hour format. With day of the week you can do something like "every sunday"

• Rsync notification mail only on error

tux1337 - - RSync

Sorry, the file was in the quote, but unfortunately not visible. I edited the post. Yes, this will be overwritten by an omv update.

tux1337 - - RSync

I fixed it for me with changing /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsync Line 117: Quote from /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsync Line 117: “-o "echo \"Please wait, syncing <${srcuri}> to <${desturi}> ...\n\"" -n \ ” to Quote: “-o "echo \"Please wait, syncing <${srcuri}> to <${desturi}> ...\n\" > /dev/null" -n \ ” This is a dirty hack - not really nice. hopefully there is a better solution.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “3.7 in the repo now *might* have an extra field ” Works like a charm! Really good. Thank you very much. My configuration works now fine.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I left this out because it would complicate the plugin and a lot of people wouldn't know what the correct drive is. I guess I could add a text field that would override the calculated value. Most people wouldn't have to put anything in the text field. ” This would fix it. Would be really nice if you could do this

tux1337 - - RSync

Hello, I have several rsync jobs with the --quiet option set in the interface. I've also choosen that the output is send me via mail when some output is generated. I expected to get only a mail when an error occures. Unfortunately in the rsync script of omv, there is a hard coded output: Quote: “echo "Please wait, syncing <rsync://omv@storage.lan:/media/> to </media/e57601e6-f19b-427d-8ffb-88bd0ab135ed/media> ...\n" ” Because of this, I will get every run of rsync a mail, which this message insi…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Just out of curiosity, why are you encrypting the OS? ” On my root drive are key files for data encryption that is used to make an encrypted backup "to the cloud", so it makes sense to decrypt the root drive in this case. May I suggest a solution? It would solve the problem for the various configurations if you could add a new field to the omv-backup interface which the administrator can choose the drive for the MBR. The field could be prefilled by your exisiting algorith…

• Hi guys, I've the same issue with another configuration. My system is fully encrypted with luks (root partion also). When I try to make a backup with openmediavault-backup extension, the rsync part is successfully done. Then dd of the root partition throws the error: Source Code (1 line) Issue is maybe the same: root partition is not recognized correctly. Configuration: MBR: /dev/vda Encryption partition (LUKS) for root: /dev/vda1 root partition /dev/mapper/vda1-crypt blkid: Source Code (10 line…