Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 423.

• MacOS and OMV - SMB vs Apple FIling

donh - - General

I think afp is quite old and not getting security updates anymore. Google knows more than I.

• Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

Does zpool status show anything? I am not using zfs on omv so I don't know what versions are. Not sure if this has anthing to do with your issue. phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ZFS-On-Linux-0.7.8

• Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

dpkg -l | grep <package> Replace <package> with linux-headers, linux-kbuild and linux-compiler . If missing apt-get install package.

• run an application during bootup

donh - - General

Or put your script in /etc/rc.local. It will execute last.

• Update wont hurt anything don't upgrade. apt-get clean all once it is working before upgrading. Just trying to find which has a problem since I don't have many addons installed

• Seems you may have a few plugins or other things installed. Here is how I might try to trouble shoot this. Test after each step. 1. apt-get clean all 2. In /etc/apt/sources.list.dchange the names to xxxx.list to xxxx.list.bak 3. Change back to xxxx.list one at a time and test. 4. Post the content of the one that fails.

• Did you upgrade to 4.x from 3.x. Looks like you may have some of both.

• Has this been going for a while or is this the first time? Maybe post your /etc/apt/sources.list.

• SSD Cache support

donh - - Plugins

I am no cache expert but I don't think it will speed up access unless the file was read recently. There may also be some file size rules about it too. I think what you might need is a drive that you use as a temporary storage and then move the file to an archive. Might be best just to copy the file to your computer, with an ssd. Work on it then transfer it back. I think your bottleneck would be the network not the disk. Others may have a better idea tho.

• OMV Remote App on Android Oreo (8.1)

donh - - General

I forgot about this app, nice progress. It works nice on my nexus on 8.1. Brief test look fine for 3.0.99. I know that does not help the op. 4.1.4-1 also works.

• Holey Beep

donh - - General

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=894667

• Go to cli and do apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. You may see some useful info.

• Ldap-plugin - unable to uninstall

donh - - General

Try apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-ldap. Google if that is wrong usage.

• Ldap-plugin - unable to uninstall

donh - - General

Does dpkg -l |grep openmed show the ldap plugin? If not clear your browser cache.

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

donh - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Doesn't the DNS auth require making a change to the DNS TXT record? ” Yes it does. I think the way to do it is to present the txt record and wait for the user to update the record. Sometimes it takes a while for dns to propagate. Not sure that applies here? Also not sure if the renewal uses the same txt record or it needs to be changed then also. I think the dns route is a very advanced method and may need to be done manually. At least for now.

donh - - Plugins

He has not updated the plugin yet so you will need to do it manually. I used the acme.sh method on the cli. I did it the first day, there may be automatic ways now.

• [LDAP] Unable to get users list

donh - - Plugins

Did you see these two links? forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Active-Directory-domain/

donh - - Plugins

Do you have 2 real dns internet domains? If so letsencrypt will work as it verifies that you entered a text record in each dns. Not sure how a plugin would add the text file for all the different registars out there. But that is easy enough to do once you get the text.

donh - - Plugins

That will be wonderful. I have only done it once. When it renews will it reuse the text added to the dns? Will cross that bridge when it gets close to expiring. Quote from ryecoaaron: “I'm kind of wondering why someone would need anything other than a wildcard cert?? ” I am not sure but some apps may be to picky. Or windows update will break it just because it's not ms. LOL

donh - - Plugins

LE now offers wildcard certs. *.example.org It requires adding a text file to your dns record. Not sure that could be automated. I am sure some dns host will offer that someday soon.