Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from Jonatron: “Do you use a script that you'd be willing to share? ” See post # 508

gderf - - Plugins

It depends on how many drives and how much they hold, but for me, a 100% scrub would be impractical. It would take far too long to complete. I have no idea how stressful this would be. I diff, sync, and scrub 10% every other day.

gderf - - Plugins

snapraid-diff.conf holds the settings for the script that is provided by OMV. The settings come from what is entered in OMV Services | SnapRAID | Diff Script Settings, but the script does not run automatically unless scheduled as a task or via a manual cron entry. You can schedule whatever you want via cron or OMV's built in task scheduler - either OMV's provided script, or another freely available one, or something you write yourself.

• You can add or remove a Union File System at any time without affecting the data on the disks. Also, AUFS is not supported in OMV 3.x and up. Only mergerfs is supported by the plugin.

• In the WebUI, have you made this setting?

• Is OMV 4.x stable?

gderf - - General

Quote from wolffstarr: “I'm contemplating the upgrade because I'd really like to be on Stretch, but there's still a few plugins that don't appear to have been updated yet that I'm currently using. ” Depending what those plugins are, they might never be updated. If you are waiting for things that are in the Downloaders section, don't hold your breath

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from da_guy2: “Quick question. Is there any way to automate daily sync beyond writing your own script and schedualing it with a cron job? ” There are numerous already written SnapRaid scripts available. The one bundled with OMV is just one of them. I use this one on cron: Source Code (1 line) Google for more scripts.

• Quote from azn0viet: “Seriously... I've tried one day to update with the .deb on plex.tv and it was a disaster. I've then found somewhere on this forum that OMV 2 couldn't take the updates so I thought the only solution for me was to update OMV. I try to do that, thank you. However, if one day I want to update OMV, do you have the answer of my initial question? Thanks! ” If you use the Plex Media Server deb packages available from Plex.tv on OMV 2.x they will not work. They are the wrong package…

• There is no reason you can't update Plex, but you will have to do it manually, and you must use the correct package which is not available from Plex.tv. You can get x86/MAD OMV 2.x compatible Plex packages here: Source Code (1 line)

• Plex local (private) usage

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from TobiasReich: “ TL;DR Are there any privacy related topics. I just don't trust the Plex server since I see the service running, reading and writing on my disk... ” The place to ask questions like this is in the Plex.tv forums.

• Plex local (private) usage

gderf - - Plugins

Any use of the Plex Media Server (PMS) requires that you have an account on Plex.tv. Establishing an account is free. To access and use the enhanced features of PMS and the use of some client programs such as IOS, Android, and Roku requires either buying those client programs or having a paid for PlexPass.

• Proposed NAS/Server build

gderf - - My NAS Build

Some comments. For a mostly NAS system, the CPU/motherboard is a bit much. There are server type boards that have more SATA ports for less money. How much CPU do you really need? OMV has no desktop type GUI, so the video/keyboard/mouse/audio interfaces are more or less useless. I don't have numbers to back this statement up, but many, if not most OMV users run headless. Also OMV does not run on Windows. The choice of a 500GB SSD for the OMV system drive is really excessive. You can easily run OM…

• mergerfs.balance doesn't work

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from ajaja: “I assumed that at the time the drive is removed from the pool its data too would be unavailable. If so each service that depends on the data would need to be downed. My question was not asking how to remove a drive from the pool and copy or move its contents. Rather I was checking if mergerfs.balance or any of the mergerfs-tools would have the ability to automate the process. Jerry ” That's an incorrect assumption. The data is always located on a physical disk regardless if it…

gderf - - Plugins

Where did I say to take the server out of service or even physically touch the drive?

gderf - - Plugins

Quote from ajaja: “ Is there a way to use mergerfs.balance to empty a drive to prepare it for removal of service? ” Is there a reason you cannot remove the drive you wish to empty from the defined mergerfs pool and then copy or move its contents to a location in the pool?

• I can't make any suggestions about how you configure and use mergerfs to sit your needs as those needs and what hardware you have available are unknown to me. I still stand by my suggestion not to point Plex's database folder to a mergerfs mountpoint.

• Do NOT point your Plex Media Server database folder (.config in the docker) to a mergerfs mount point. It serves no purpose to do so and if this mergerfs mountpoint has a policy that allows more than one physical drive to contain this data it will be scattered across multiple drives and might break Plex. Just pick a single actual physical drive mountpoint for this. But do keep in mind that depending on how you run Plex, this database can grow to be quite large - hundreds of gigabytes is not unus…

• add 3tb drive

gderf - - General

Quote from Medianot: “Maybe who ever runs these forums gets some time they can convert this over to forums that work like PHPBB got this error 2x whilst trying to reply. ” I get that or similar frequently when replying to posts here. I believe it is because I take too much time to post the reply. What I do just before hitting the submit button is to copy my entire reply to the clipboard just in case this happens. More often than not the post succeeds anyway even though I get that error and refre…

• Quote from chclark: “Anyone had a update on this. Or does it look like where sticking to omv3 ” Are you having any other problems besides that repeating warning message during boot?

• Then build/buy yourself a cheap Kodi box as suggested. Putting a desktop environment on an OMV server is a terrible idea. Also, if you are still ripping your own movies, stop using ISOs for the output going forward. mp4 or mkv are much better choices.