Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tmihai20: “I just found out there is a 4.14 kernel from HardKernel. Will the new version come in an update or a fresh install will be needed? ” Via an update of course. But currently IMO there's a lot wrong with Armbian and reliability. The last attempt to switch to 4.14 led to bricked boards due to 'processes' that make no sense at all (rolling out updates without communicating and no sufficient testing): - forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/21575 - forum.…

• I just found out there is a 4.14 kernel from HardKernel. Will the new version come in an update or a fresh install will be needed? I am using a XU4 with OMV 3.x, running kernel 4.9.x. Some kernel updates have come as an update.

• Quote from happyreacer: “i have a problem with my on the top istalled emby. it dont plays movies. i have the same error like here: Playback Error, No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details. But what have i done: i have installed on OMV4 emby from the open build service for debian 9. ” I had some issues with one of my installations. If you have an EXT partition, check how it is mounted. I had a separate EXT partion and I…

• Quote from tinh_x7: “I'm using .srt sub for my movies for Emby and Plex, and they both working fines. ” I found out what was the issue with Plex, it needed the subtitles encoded in UTF-8. I found a plugin for Plex that converted all the subtitles to UTF-8. They were being loaded in Plex before, but specific Romanian characters were not showed properly. Coming back to Emby, I have reinstalled it, after making a backup of the configs (users, databases, cache and so on), restored the configs and no…

• I do not know if this is the correct place to ask, but has anybody managed to make Emby use the .srt subtitles? I have local subtitles for all my videos. I was not able to do this. I used Docker to install Emby, if it is of any importance. This is driving me crazy, I really want to use Emby and not Plex (that has issues with subtitles encoding other than UTF-8). I do not want to open a new thread about this.

• I just wanna thank @tkaiser, Armbian and OMV for providing the best OMV installation since OMV 2.x. I just switched to it on Friday and I am more than pleased with my XU4 performance and overall behaviour. My USB 3.0 HDD (4TB Seagate Hub) does not have the UAS issues, luckily.

• What is the difference between Base and Pro? Can we any of them in a XU4? Edit: I found out now. It just looked like a codename for a new release.

• I was under the (wrong) impression that, since there is a 4.9.28 image already generated, that there will be an upgrade on the kernel as well. I will use the latest available image, thank you for replying.

• I am coming back with the question. Should apt-get upgrade also upgrade the kernel? Because I was on 4.9.23 image (when I was testing this release) and after upgrade, the kernel was not updated. I also ran apt-get dist-upgrade.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from tmihai20: “It had to be connected to ethernet to work, at least on first boot. ” Yes, due to the new way these OMV images are created for ARM boards (fully automated in a chroot environment so no one has logged in ever here) a few final installation steps are done on first boot and this requires network access. And I didn't thought missing network could be an issue since a NAS without the N (network) is useless anyway In case you run into XU4 issues please report …

• Is there anything else special to be done for booting these new 4.9 Armbian images? I wrote OMV_3_0_76_Odroidxu4_4.9.28 and it does not fully boot. Could it be because I did not plug my XU4 into an ethernet? I connected it only via UART. U-Boot 2012.07 (May 19 2017 - 09:22:50) for Exynos5422 CPU: Exynos5422 Rev0.1 [Samsung SOC on SMP Platform Base on ARM CortexA7] APLL = 800MHz, KPLL = 800MHz MPLL = 532MHz, BPLL = 825MHz Board: HardKernel ODROID DRAM: 2 GiB WARNING: Caches not enabled TrustZone …

• Subscribed to this topic. Please keep us updated on your efforts.

• You need to rebuild miniDLNA to be able to change the icon. Read more here snbforums.com/threads/minidlna…r-custom-logo-icon.23207/. I would also love to be able to change it, but it appears this is the only way.