Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 548.

• Did you export / import the pool by the WebUI for any reason? With OMV 3.x there where issues after exporting / importing the pool. The implementation of the ZFS features in OMV is provided by the ZFS plugin. Unfortunately the ZFS functionality is not part of the basic OMV system maintaind by votdev. Therefore almost all reported issues are immediately closed because of this reason. @ryecoaaron and other mods here in the forum do their very best to solve some of the issues. IMHO ZFS should not b…

• Problems with USBackup

cabrio_leo - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from TuXXer: “Before the backup I manually mounted the USB harddisk now before. ” You must not mount the USB harddisk manually. The disk has to be unmounted. Otherwise the USBbackup plugin can´t mount the disk. Laut meiner Erfahrung beschwert sich das USB Backup plugin, wenn die Platte vorher manuell eingehängt wurde. Bitte probier mal die Platte auszuhängen, dann die Platte vom USB Anschluss zu trennen, ggf. einen Reboot machen und dann die Platte wieder anzustecken. Dann müsste eigentlic…

• Problems with USBackup

Did you have the USB harddisk manually mounted with the WebUI previously or is it still mounted? So please unmount the disk by the WebUI. Normally all disk used by USBbackup are mounted automatically when they are connected to the USB port and unmounted when the backup is finished.

• FTP ZUGANG PROBLEME ÜBER INTERNET

cabrio_leo - - FTP

Ah, danke für die Erläuterung. Bisher dachte ich "sftp" steht für "secure ftp". Ich muss einräumen, dass ich mich damit noch nicht tiefer beschäftigt habe, bzw. beschäftigen musste.

• FTP ZUGANG PROBLEME ÜBER INTERNET

cabrio_leo - - FTP

Quote from tkaiser: “Viele Anfänger sind sich nicht bewußt, dass FTP und Internet nicht in einen Satz gehören ” Quote from tkaiser: “Aus den aufgeführten Gründen sollte man FTP nicht mal mehr in internen Netzen einsetzen ” FTP über Internet würde ich heute auch nicht mehr einsetzen, so unwichtig mir die Daten auch erscheinen würden. Wir wär´s mit sftp als Alternative? Wird das von OMV unterstützt?

• Raid 5 growing

cabrio_leo - - My NAS Build

Quote from flmaxey: “100TB drive. Here you go! Since they're not disclosing the price yet, I hope you have a few extra Euro's... ” I fear, this is far beyond my budget And I wouldn´t have any reasonable backup solution also.

• Maybe this could be helpful forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=131407#post131407

• Raid 5 growing

Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives?

• You´re welcome

• Check the label name of your disk. If there is a blank space please remove it.

• OMV-Server welche Hardware?

Hallo, das von mir verwendete Board C2550D4i von Asrock hat einen SoC-CPU mit passivem Kühlkörper. Das Board würde ich zwar heute nicht mehr kaufen, weil die CPU leider vom INTEL C2000-Bug betroffen ist. Prinzipiell ist das System aber mit 6 WD-RED 3TB HDs wirklich leise. Die Lüfter des Gehäuses sind auf kleinste Stufe eingestellt. Es steht bei uns inkl. USV im Schlafzimmerschrank und ist bei geschlossener Schranktüre unhörbar.

• This is a common issue in OMV. You will find serveral similar threads in the forum. Often it is caused by time consuming operations of storage devices or if the CPU is fully utilized. Sorry, but there is nothing to adjust, which will work reliable. I would also look for such a solution.

• Quote from marco88: “is possible to make something in OMV to sleep a disk and power on only when someone try to access from network share (use of the disk)? ” Yes. In the settings for the disks it is possible to define a spindown time for each disk.

• Plex Media Server

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from raveymoo: “It's omv 2 ” With OMV2 there is still the older sysvinit.

• Plex Media Server

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

With Debian 8 OMV has changed from sysvinit to systemd. Does a file /etc/init/plexmediaserver.conf exist? What happends if you entersystemctl start plexmediaserver?

• Quote from hrc450: “I would like to store them in a RAID1 with 2 disks. ” Don´t forget to make a data backup also with RAID! Raid is for availability not for data security. Often some get more problems with "online" raid then without. Think about a solution with snapraid.

• Backup advice needed

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from spinach: “Is USBBackup not seeing it because I already mounted the drive once through the file system? ” No, that is not the problem. I did the same multiple times and the drive was always recognised the next time it was connected to the USB bus, but I am quite sure that I always made a reboot of my NAS in the meantime. Please unmount the USB drive by the WebUI, reboot your NAS (or the VM) and then look again if the drive appears in the dropdown menu now. The drive is formatted with E…

• Quote from caseyj: “The server is in Europe and I am somewhere in Asia, should I buy a ticket ? ” This a really good idea. A visit of Europe can be very satisfying Quote: “It is recommended to remove all OMV-extras plugins and other extensions before an upgrade is done. ” This is not an official OMV recomendation but common experience. Quote from caseyj: “Nah... Just a normal home PC you know... ” I thought this to myself. Quote from caseyj: “This option should be integrated in the process of up…

• Update 2.x -> 3.x ...->4.x

OMV upgrades are always a little bit difficult and should be done only when a physical access to the server is guaranteed. There are a lot of threads here regarding similar problems, incompatible plugins a.s.o. The current oppinion here is not to do an upgrade except for a plain OMV basic installation. It is recommended to remove all OMV-extras plugins and other extensions before an upgrade is done. For the future you may think about a server with a remote management interface like IPMI. Then yo…

• Quote from du_ku: “But when I run it I got an error mentioned above. ” Please post the whole command line how you start the script also. Quote from du_ku: “please del this post ” You can do this by yourself: Go to the post -> Click on 'edit' -> Click on 'enhanced edit' -> Set the checkbox "Move thread to recycle bin" -> Send I have a German user interface here. Therefore the buttons may have a slightly different name.