Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 203.

• Plex local (private) usage

flvinny521 - - Plugins

I use Plex mainly to share my library with some remote users (family and friends). I also am a Plex Pass subscriber, but I think if I was only consuming the media on my local network, I would simply use Kodi clients on all TVs.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Exposed port should be kept at default, and the host port can be changed. Also, assuming you've used Linuxserver.io containers, make sure that both containers have unique /config folder mapping.

• Quote from guynexdoor: “Is there a guide on how to install and utilize the plexmedia server? I have a smart TV and it has the plex app. I want to be able to stream movies from a folder that I have connected to my raspberry pi running OMV. ” I can help you with the Docker installation of Plex here. As far as how to actually use the app, as @gderf said, you'd be better off asking at the Plex site or just watching some youtube tutorials. Edit: Don't expect good (or possibly even acceptable) perform…

• Mount email warning

flvinny521 - - General

Thanks for actually posting the resolution in case others have similar issues in the future!

• I think most people will tell you it's much easier just to manually screenshot or take some notes about your OMV settings, install OMV 4 fresh to the other SSD, and set it up from your notes. Personally, I installed a spare SSD I had lying around to use as Plex's transcode drive and the "incoming" file directory for my usenet downloader NZBGet. My torrent downloads go directly to my pool storage though. Also, Docker is a good solution for your requirements. I may be biased though, since I spent …

• @1uke_ To save you some time in looking through the forum, when you do install OMV 4, you should unplug all your data drives just to simplify the process. You also may want to go through each section of your current OMV interface and take screenshots or take notes to assist in setting up OMV 4 as quickly as possible.

• add 3tb drive

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from Medianot: “Good points maybe two years from now when my router stops receiving updates OMV will be intuitive and usable at almost any skill level like the Netgear router is today. I downloaded and installed a specific build for specific hardware spent about 7 hrs total never got it to function as advertised. Win32diskimiager update, have 3 Raspberry Pi Zero w's burned libreElec to a disk setup and configured libreElec to my liking then made a copy/backup of the image using win32diskim…

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “The drop down menu catches only containers “created” if they are in running state, exited or stopped won’t pick. Check that first, maybe the copy command made it run. ” I'll take a look when I get home. If I remember correctly, though, ALL storage containers are considered "stopped." You can see in the screenshot that the one storage container does appear. I had an issue with an earlier storage container that was somehow "converted" to a regular running container and would…

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Is this a potential bug? I have a storage container named simply storage. I realized I made a mistake with one of the paths, so I copied it, corrected the error, and called it storage2. This container is visible in the Docker plugin, but it's not appearing in the drop-down list of containers when I attempt to mount it to another container. I've tried restarting the Docker service and rebooting the server: forum.openmediavault.org/index…dbbab140698738a09a42b2222

• mergerfs questions

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from namirda: “Indeed, I can always recreate the symlink and/or share the union12 folder directly but it seems kind of messy. Maybe that's just how it is? I had expected all files in the union12 share to show up in the disk1 share AS WELL - but it doesn't seem to work that way N ” EDIT - If I understand you correctly, you would indeed have to share the path to the individual disks if you want this to work. You mention that you expected the files to show up in the disk1 share as well, but i…

• It's not mandatory. Plugins have to be maintained by a developer. Some of the developers that created the plugins don't have time to keep them updated or fix bugs. This is a small community. Docker has a larger community of developers behind it, so there are more options for the applications you need, and they tend to be updated without OMV users having to report bugs. Also, each Docker container is run independent of the underlying OS, meaning that it's easy to remove a container that's broken …

• Jackett Web UI won't connect

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from 71wrd: “Hi, I'm an OMV newbie and even more of a Docker novice. I've been running radarr and sonarr fine for a number of weeks and decided to intall Jackett. I did this via Docker (only time I've ever used it). I followed the really helpful guide on here, but when I type in MYIP:9117 I get an error that says: This site can’t be reached MYIP refused to connect. Any ideas what I've done wrong? I think I've given the user account all the necessary privileges. Many thanks in advance ” MYI…

flvinny521 - - Plugins

I'm not able to answer all your questions, but I'll take a stab at some of them: Quote from Swampy: “1. Before going to the trouble of finishing setting up the server, should I install OMV 4.x instead of 3.x? The OMV Downloads page has OMV 4.0.14 available, and it does not have the usual suffixes (.beta, .rc, etc.) for versions still being tested. Several of you say you are using OMV 4, and the OMV4/Docker/Docker GUI seem better integrated. OTOH, I've not seen any announcements that OMV 4 is off…

• Pool Hard Drives

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from jollyrogr: “I need it. I did it. It works great. jcschwartz, I'd recommend some other way of keeping track of what you've watched rather than physically moving files around. That seems very cumbersome to me. I use Kodi to watch my movies and it has a little icon next to the file name to show if a file's been watched or not. ” Kodi and Plex also have Trakt plugins that sync your watched status to a trakt.tv account, which is nice because it will sync again if you ever have to reinstall…

• Pool Hard Drives

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from jcschwartz: “I will give this all a try. Like I said I haven't tried anything else because using windows was what I knew how to do, and yes the command line stuff is scary. I would have no idea how to do that. Is there some sort of a guide I can review? ” Personally, since I had no experience with Linux, I just set up a Linux Mint virtual machine on my Windows PC that I played around with for a few weeks. It helped me learn how to do a lot of basic things from the command line like mo…

• Pool Hard Drives

flvinny521 - - General

It's going to be much faster if you learn how to move files from the command line of your OMV system. It sounds scary for a beginner but is very simple in practice.

• Pool Hard Drives

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from jcschwartz: “Thank you guys for the quick replies. So if I use unionfilesystem all the drives will pool into 1 large drive? I will not lose any of my current movies? Will it make it less time consuming moving files between folders? ” Quote from jcschwartz: “Also, what will happen when i add a new drive to the system? I built my own NAS for OMV. I have an option to add 2 more drives. Sorry for all the questions but lastly what happens if one of the drives fails? ” Yes, that is correct,…

• Plex and Live TV and DVR

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Can you try with a different zip code? Just pick one at random or maybe try one from a big city near you?

• Plex Docker OMV 4.0 Arrakis

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from jefftr: “Flvinny - any ideas on how to complete Plex Live TV/DVR set-up? I am fine until I get to the point I have to add a zip code for the guide. Never seems to recognize anything and won't continue. ” I am not sure. I had set up Live TV before I switched to OMV, so I only have experience with it on Windows. I removed my Hauppauge tuner from my server so I haven't tried setting it back up again recently.

• You don't need to do anything with that file if everything works as you want it to right out of the box. However, if you prefer to tweak, you can just edit the rc file that was created. No need to make a new one.