Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 93.

• I'm looking to add data integrity checking/verification for all of my data drives. I know snapRAID can do this in addition to its main ability to make parity disks. Is there anything else out there that handles data integrity? Note: I don't want to use something like Par2 because I don't like the .hash or .md5 files scattered throughout my file structure. I'd much prefer anything other than storing hashes in the folders with the files themselves. Thanks for your help!

• Going back to my original install error on OMV directly, I reinstalled the printing plugin (which worked fine) and added my special print drivers using CLI (which, much to my surprise, also worked fine). So this time I had high hopes, but even without any dependency issues, the printer just won't print anything. It is properly detected, I select the correct driver, and when I try to print a test page it doesn't do anything. I'm stumped.

• I had to sleep on this and come back to it before I completely understood what you were saying, but I figured it out on the second read. I uninstalled the plugin using the OMV GUI and then I went to CLI and removed CUPS. I then pulled the image again and created a container using default settings. It still gives a "network bridge not found" error.

• Someday soon, boys. I understand the advtanges of both options. I'm just out of power plugs behind my entertainment center and I'm out of HDMI inputs on my TV. Since we still play PS3 games (unfinished business there, since some games took a bit to come down in price after the switch to the new generation of consoles), I don't want to unhook it just yet, and it is SO frustrating to have to plug and unplug things each time you want to do something with your TV. I lived that life back in the 90s, …

• Tvheadend Guide discussion thread

Learning2NAS - - General

Yes, of course the 4.1-xxxx.deb is not meant to be used literally. I tried both 4.1-1355 and 4.1-g7a919b1, but I never tried to string them all together because I never saw the complete bintray link like you posted. Haha! What a waste of time that was. Thanks so much for posting an example. I'm sure it will work when I next try to run the command

• PVR/DVR Software for use on OMV?

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

That is AWESOME! As I said above, I tried to add that repo using nano, but somehow or another it failed to pickup the package (I'm guessing the file I edited wasn't the right one). I didn't realize there was an easy way to do this in the GUI! I'll give this a go later. Thanks so much for posting this suggestion. I've spent so much time crawling around the forums and the UI that I'm starting to feel like I know something about OMV ;p Worked brilliantly! TVHeadend in a matter of minutes. Of course…

• TVHeadend is a great option, but I have not been able to get it installed on OMV to test it. I started by using TVHeadend's linux install guide for ubuntu, which didn't work. Then I used the guide on the forum here for OMV, but it just leaves me with an error. If you have any idea how to install TVHeadend, please jump in on this thread. It would be super helpful.

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

I appreciate you joining the thread, but I disagree with your criticism. When I say something is simple, I mean that what I am trying to accomplish is not novel. It is a problem that has been solved before and many users (of OMV and of other NAS products) have the functionality I'm trying to add. It is not simple on OMV and that's the crux of the issue. Heck, it would be simple if any of the guides worked as intended. I understand that OMV is developed for "free", but I am not going to be using …

• Tvheadend Guide discussion thread

Learning2NAS - - General

Neither of these methods worked for me when trying to install TVHeadend. If I do Quote: “dpkg -i tvheadend_4.1-xxxx.deb” I get an error saying no such file or directory. If I try to compile using the second set of instructions, I get stuck at the first step. The directory in line one Quote: “cd /home/hts” doesn't exist. If I'm supposed to have that, I do not in the latest OMV build. Thoughts? Or can someone point me to a guide that has more detailed instructions? I feel like I should have done s…

• Okay, that Docker image is a bust. I can't get it to start on OMV because it just keeps throwing errors. I installed Docker (which was not smooth to get working), got it going, then pulled in the container you linked. I set it up using default settings and tried to run it, but I get a slew of rotating errors. The most common ones are "cannot find network bridge", "invalid argument, cannot use -net and -h" and on they go.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

Well...that was weird. I tried this port change several times with no success, so I started to make you a video of my settings/process/error, and when I went to do it for the fifth time there was no error. It allowed me to put through a pull request for the first time, so repeated port changes may have actually fixed my issue. I don't know why it didn't work the first four times, though. Hrm. Thanks for the tip!

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

What!? That live TV plugin looks neat! I'm going to install it just to see what it's like. I tried to install TVHE on OMV and it ended up giving me an error. I followed the official tutorial here. It looks like TVHE is not included in any of the default repos, so I had to add one. I didn't know how to do it via command, so I edited /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list to add the TVHE repo and that worked well. Other than that, I followed their tutorial to get the key and refresh the list …

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

I just tried to install the Docker plugin from OMV GUI on the latest stable version of OMV and ended up with the same error. "Code 7: Cannot connect to host" I didn't change any of the settings, I just enabled the plugin after it installed and it erred. Is there something I should have done that I didn't? EDIT: I just checked and the Docker service is not running, nor can I get it to start via CLI. I'm honestly not even sure that it installed because if I look at my service dashboard in the OMV …

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

Fair enough. I'm biased heavily toward plug-ins because they're plug-and-play. I get intimidated by using Docker because I have to set what ports I want to pass through to the underlying OS and I have to map all of the docker directories to other locations on my disk array, and when things don't work I have no idea how to fix them. Heck, sometimes they don't work because people upload incomplete Docker containers, but I'm not good enough with Docker to figure that out without spending two days s…

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

What an incredibly helpful reply! No, you're right about x-server. I've been down that road with OMV once before and it is a mess. It's best to keep the desktop GUI off of the server if you can, no doubt about it. It seems like you've got a lot of experience with all of those pieces of software, and at least now I know how they fit together. What I'm trying to accomplish is relatively simple, and I should have laid that out sooner. I have several client device (phone, laptops, one PS3, and one R…

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

I'm looking for a good DVR software to use and, although there are options available, there is no good plugin for OMV. According to the forums VDR no longer works with HDHomeRun tuners, so that well has run dry. Perhaps we could get a replacement DVR from OMV-Extras?

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

Also, I'm curious, does the TVHeadend DVR work well, or at all? Everything I've been able to find is that people use TVHE to pull in the signal/sift out weak stations/provide guide info, but Kodi seems to be the DVR of choice. As far as I know, KODI doesn't run on OMV because it requires a GUI and cannot be administered remotely via browser. So if the DVR function works in TVHE, that's the right answer. I wonder whether the issue with VDR not detecting HDHomeRun tuners would be resolved by using…

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

As I said, I'm not familiar with TVHeadend at all, but is the update substantial enough to bother going through any trouble to get it? I know you can download it using apt-get from the repo, that sounds pretty straightforward. If there's a feature or compatibility issue that is resolved in the latest release, though, then I would go through the trouble to do an alternate install.

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

Thanks so much! I'm going to mark this as resolved and give TVHeadend a try this evening

Learning2NAS - - Plugins

You're right! I just checked the project's website and it does support HDHR. Once I install it on OMV, will I be able to use it headless or will it require me to install Gnome or another Desktop GUI on my server in order to configure everything?