Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 131.

• Hi! Did you add any plugin to collectd like sensors or smart ot any other ? You can see in /var/log/syslog which one is failing and block collectd to start.

• OK... just my 2 cts on the problem. If I don't touch/click the ZFS panel, my ZFS mntent in config.xml isn't deleted and everything works fine with OMV & ZFS (stats, drop down shared folder, etc...). So as long as there's no patch available, just don't touch the ZFS panel in OMV and do your ZFS things with SSH. At the moment, that's just a GUI bug and nothing gets hurt on the ZFS background.

• Video codec and subtitles

sbocquet - - General

That should be enough for Serviio, as I was running it on my NAS hardware with Windows 2012 Server Essential without a problem. What is your intel dual core model? Maybe it's a network problem rather than a CPU power one. If you stream some mkv with 7.1 audio channels, that can take some bandwith...

• Video codec and subtitles

sbocquet - - General

With minidlna, No. It's a "strict" ans simple DLNA server with no transcoding. It just streams files. Your renderer (the TV or other) should have the correct codecs to show the file. Same for the srt files, that not in the DLNA specs. DLNA is a crapy thing, that each manufacturer implement in its way Sony was probably the worst one !... If you want all that (transcoding on fly + SRT), you will have to install another DLNA server than minidlna, such as Serviio, plex media server, ... but you will…

• Hi, With some little tweaks on collectd (sensors + smart plugin added) and rrdgraph, and with the help of the diskstats plugin and lm_sensors, I managed to add some temp graphs (CPU & disks) stats in OMV, which, IMO, are the missing datas in OMV stats. forum.openmediavault.org/index…131db3450abb30e8a7c28806d forum.openmediavault.org/index…131db3450abb30e8a7c28806d

• Yyou can read the atime, mtime or ctime of any file in a shell script Source Code (9 lines) If you want the last access datetime of a bunch of file in some directories (recursive), you can do a thing like this: Source Code (2 lines)

• I think that 99% of the ZFS users mount their data pool at boot time. ZoL and the plugin does it that way, and that's the way to do things. That's not a USB disk thing... to play with Will you play with a mdadm RAID array at each reboot ???

• UUID dir created in root filesystem

sbocquet - - General

OK. Thanks a lot.

sbocquet - - General

Source Code (81 lines)forum.openmediavault.org/index…131db3450abb30e8a7c28806d Backup plugin is setup to the second partition (/dev/sda5) of the OS drive (/dev/sda1 on /dev/sda) (I know ) on which I have created a shared folder 'Sauvegardes'.

• Yes, let's all move the infos to that one...

• The fact is that this entry is remove even after boot time... I gonna test to re-add it and go to the plugin panel to see what happens... EDIT : Bingo ! That's it ! On a current working conf, no reboot... - I copy back the ZFS pool mount section in config.xml. - In the GUI, move to several place, tab, etc... except ZFS panel tab. No change in config.xml. - In the GUI, move to ZFS panel. config.xml is modified and the ZFS pool mount section is remove... Done several times

• But there maybe a thing to check like if this mntent is used by a sharedfolder to avoid to delete it if it is used?

• The ZFS pool was created 2/3 weeks ago with the plugin. It runs nicely since without a problem since, and continue to... but something is removing the <mntent> section of the pool in config.xml. If I re-add the section in the OMV config file, all the problems are solved. In that case, I doubt that ZFS himself is in fault. That's something with the pluging itself or in OMV.

• Same for me Disk usage tab for my ZFS pool has vanished from GUI ! and here too Finding the correct mntent UUID for a filesystem not in config.xml There is definitively a problem with ZFS plugin or something related too, and that's not the version of the kernel... Check if you still have the <mntent> section of your ZFS pool in config.xml. You can copy the section back, but it will be deleted at some point... don't know by what at the moment. Source Code (35 lines)

sbocquet - - General

Hi, I have just checked my / dir and saw a strange dir name some kind of UUID root@home-server:~# cd / root@home-server:/# ls -al total 129 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 mars 26 17:40 ~ drwxr-xr-x 27 root root 4096 avril 18 15:53 . drwxr-xr-x 27 root root 4096 avril 18 15:53 .. drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 avril 17 14:51 96d9c49e-f4af-48d9-a8bd-40992ea4c63b ... I have checked the config.xml file and it's a shared folder UUID ! <sharedfolder> <uuid>96d9c49e-f4af-48d9-a8bd-40992ea4c63b</uuid> <name>S…

• That's the case (for the export button), but there may be another one somewhere else... as it seems I'm not the only one, except that I haven't update the backport kernel as I'm still with the 4.14 Finding the correct mntent UUID for a filesystem not in config.xml For me, the problem appears 5/6 days ago... before the new kernel was release.

• Do you have any idea what can "clean" the ZFS mntent section in config.xml ?

• From what I can see, the UUID in config.xml seems to have no link with some disk UUID at all. Blkid: Source Code (1 line) config.xml Source Code (10 lines) I think it is just a random UUID. But it needs to be referenced by each <sharefolder>/<mntentref> to link those two.

• Quote from hekmatk: “Quote from sbocquet: “The card is based on a Marvell 88SE9705 chipset. Should be natively recognize, so no driver problem. ” Oh OK, nice!I have so much to learn yet... I'm really grateful for people who reply on forums . What about the other components though? Like ethernet, USB, audio (not that I need it). Is it safe to assume they'll all be detected automatically? (the PC I'm salvaging is a DEll optiplex 7010). If anyone has a tutorial already made please share it in case …

• The card is based on a Marvell 88SE9705 chipset. Should be natively recognize, so no driver problem.