Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Core i7-6700k custom build

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from jollyrogr: “I would ditch the liquid cooler though. ” Out of curiosity, why?

• Openmediavault-remotedesktop

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

I got the remotedesktop plugin working and put it in the repo. Make sure to upgrade omv-extras to 4.1.4 before installing the plugin though.

• Quote from rudi63: “Will there be a repo for armel in v4? ” No. Quote from rudi63: “is someone working on this? ” No. I think armel is too slow and have nothing to test it on (well, it is too painful to use RPi1). Quote from rudi63: “Otherwise I would go back to erasmus. ” There may be a few plugins in the omv-extras erasmus repos but they are not being updated.

• Issues with docker installation

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Carlo85: “any hint? ” armel isn't supported by omv-extras or docker. Quote from Carlo85: “EDIT: after posting this message i got this error code e9618bfc34c6cede1366bcf137c0a10adf2b19e9 ” Read the fourth problem here - Solutions to common problems

• Quote from rudi63: “after the refresh there are no new pugins in the overview ” What is the output of: arch If it is armel, then there is no armel repo for omv-extras on OMV 4.x.

• Is OMV 4.x stable?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Mr Smile: “omv-extras.org says 4.0 is stable ” It has a list of stable plugins for OMV 4.x. It doesn't say OMV 4.x is stable.

• The flashmemory plugin just creates tmpfs mount points. So, it wouldn't care if the system is encrypted since it would be activated after the luks device was unlocked.

• Marvell ARMADA 388

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

The helios4 uses that chip. From what I have read the raid performance network speeds are very good.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from OleHB: “VNC works fine for me! VNC is more comfortable for me ” xrdp uses VNC as a backend. It just allows you to use an rdp client to connect to it.

• tmp

ryecoaaron - - General

What fails? /tmp is cleared on every reboot. If your system has very low ram, this would be a problem since tmpfs defaults to half the system ram. 1GB of ram or more is recommended.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from macom: “Remotedesktop scheint nicht auf OMV 4.x zu funktionieren. ” I couldn't get it to work on Debian 9.x without OMV or the plugin installed. I haven't tried in a while but it seems like things are still the same.

• virtualbox 5.2.8 with updated plugin, phpvirtualbox, and virtualbox-ext-pack-installer are in the omv 4.x omv-extras testing repo. And to answer future questions, this will not get backported to OMV 3.x and I'm not going to build virtualbox packages for i386.

• Autoshutdown doesnt work

ryecoaaron - - General

I don't use autoshutdown so I wouldn't be able to help. But, it would be nice to know what was broken and how you fixed it.

• Quote from humba: “But i can not define a share under Access Right Management -> Shared Folders. Here you have to select a device ” nfsv4 doesn't work if you are using v4. I need to fix that. Otherwise, it should work fine (just tested).

• openmediavault-hostapd

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from RHCPNG: “but this is not supported by the plugin. ” And I don't think it should. That is a system wide network setting (that happens to not even be supported by OMV).

• I have to package them up. Patience...

• Build a minipc nas, but which?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from macom: “Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install OMV on HC1/HC2 ” Nice guide

• Quote from humba: “Mounting is not the problem - i added an entry to /etc/fstab. Does it have to be mounted to a specific location ? But how to get it to the shared folders list in the web UI ? I can not define it there because it requires to select a device - which seems to be mandatory. Is there a workaround ? Or am i missing something ? Oh, and under file systems you can not define imported NFS shares. ” In order to be a source for a shared folder, it has to be mounted in the web interface. T…

• VirtualBox Plugin not work

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Did you search the forum? This is a well known fact that virtualbox doesn't work with the 4.15 kernel. I have a solution but need to figure out backwards compatibility.

• Sounds like the mdadm raid is still present. What is the output of cat /proc/mdstat