Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from 9Dedos: “Do i have any option? ” Why would you loose information? OMV supports ntfs read/write, but it doesn't have an option for read only, that would have to be done manually

• Depending on the storage driver backing up that directory should be fine. I think ext4 with overlay driver is ok, btrfs, zfs might have trouble. What everybody should do is keep a docker-compose file with all your containers, port maps, volume binds and other settings. I was looking yesterday for a tool to export running containers to docker-compose but i didn't find anything.

• Automatically RSync Backup

subzero79 - - General

Ok. So is the ubuntu server configured as rsyncd server with modules ?

• OpenVPN - can connect only to Server

subzero79 - - Plugins

And did you check for forwarding ?

• OpenVPN - can connect only to Server

subzero79 - - Plugins

Looks from the output of iptables you’re missing a masquerade rule for outgoing traffic from the vpn tun to outside of the Omv server. I recall the plugin added this rule but maybe it failed to add it. Forwarding should be enabled by default, but just check that. I cannot recall the typical masquerade rule, but you should easily find in google for OpenVPN.

• Also take note the fix is still missing migration script. The migration script will have to insert the current mntent uuid into every dataset property associated with the mntent using postinst.

• RAID 5 not fault tolerant

subzero79 - - RAID

I don’t use raid (I use to) but I think the idea is fault tolerant during live operation. Most real servers would have a spare(s) disk that will enter the array as soon as one is failed. From what ive learn when i use to have raid setup and reading about it , when a raid5 rebuilds in a degraded state will induce serious stress on the disks, that can cause a second disk to fail which would mean data lost. Omv provides just a web configuration panel for raid. Everything done under is controlled by…

• Try a reboot. If it keeps coming I would attempt reinstalling, maybe using plain Debian then Omv on top. Before that just check tmpfs is not full which may also trigger that error. df -h

• Is a common error and no workaround has been found for this. Is believed to be a php bug and happens from time to time. Do you get the error on everything you do ? Or was just one time ?

• Automatically RSync Backup

subzero79 - - General

How is the remote server configured ? Is also another Omv server? Can you post a screenshot of the rsync job window?

• Quote from sbocquet: “To the plugin dev team... Any Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from sbocquet: “Done several times ” I figured that was causing the problem. Thank you for confirming it. @subzero79 and I trying to come up with a good solution. ” Any good solution in sight ? no pressure ” take a look at my GitHub. Three branches there to test.

• from freeNAS to OMV

subzero79 - - RAID

Try to wipe the disk in the physical disks sections. Use the quick option.

• Only thing that can delete pool from db is the export button, which should be disabled if shared folders are engaged (current bug)

• Zfs backend does not return parentdevice file, because there is no block device associated with it, is linux commands like mount /dev/sdZFSStorage /srv/Storage is not valid. I once though of adding this as an array of the disks members of the pool, unfortunately due to how zfs displays information ATM i dropped the task, hopefully in the future zfs commands can return json data. A PR for zfs commands that returns json is in ZoL github for about 2 years without any news lately. So there will be n…

• Quote from gatecityradio: “..is a fix in the works or should I start looking into another OS? ” no fix at the moment. If you choose another OS (different from debian) you won't be able to install OMV

• Quote from elastic: “Any particular reason this could be happening? ” browser cache issue, try chrome in private mode see if the error is still there.

• openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/various/advset.html There is a search box there. Just search for environment variable.

• Quote from rbh: “I activated PASV port range in firewall and pasv option for ftp. It's working now. But, given that, I use public IP, not internal lan IP, should not work without pasv ? ” Passive range has nothing to do with nat, is part of the protocol itself whether being active or passive connection.

• Cannot Unmount

subzero79 - - General

Quote from bkeadle: “Wow! Guess I'll just do it manually at the command line (which I ended up doing - needed to resize the filesystem). That sure seems like a long way to go to do any drive maintenance. Wouldn't it be better for the interface to recognize whether there are actual files in use on the volume to determine whether to allow mount/unmount? ” Is not that simple. A unmount command unregisters the disk from the db. If this was forced without deleting the shared folders it would make the…

• Looks like you need to enable the passive range. Also open the range in the fw, not sure if you can do that with current ui.