Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• VirtualBox does not work anymore

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

virtualbox 5.2.8+ doesn't use vboxdrv which the old version of phpvirtualbox and the plugin had code for. It will compile with the 4.15 kernel though. Since Debian put 5.2.10 in the backports repo, I will have to push the new plugin version the regular omv-extras repo. If you had the testing repo enabled, you wouldn't have had this problem.

• Quote from markmarz: “he selected all updates and let her rip. ” I usually do. I have plenty of my Ubuntu systems on auto-update/reboot. I guess it just depends on your ability to fix something if it goes wrong. Quote from markmarz: “Is that safe? First thing that comes to mind is there's a lot of firmware updates which can't possibly apply to every system. Right? ” I think it is for the most part. I do my updates on a test system and then in order of importance from least to most important. Fir…

• How to unencrypt?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Skyler7381: “How do you delete the LUKS device and how do you add a filesystem ” Using the web interface the same way you created them. Delete the luks device in the luks plugin and umount and add the filesystem in the filesystems tab.

• How to unencrypt?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Skyler7381: “If I format the drive will it be back to a normal hdd, where I can just move files to and from freely. ” The proper way to do it would unmount it in the web interface, delete the luks device and then wipe the drive in the physical disks tab. Then you can add a filesystem with no encryption.

• Quote from Nas-turally: “In the raw rsnapshot, one can define specific exclusion and inclusion rules. How can/should we achieve this using the OMV plugin? ” Did you look at the "Rsync long arguments" and the link under it when creating a job? Quote from Nas-turally: “is /etc/rsnapshot.conf used at all when using the OMV plugin? ” No. Quote from Nas-turally: “If so, how? E.g do OMV settings override /etc/rsnapshot.conf ? ” This is not simple to explain. You can look at the code here. Why? I will …

• Openmediavault-remotedesktop

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from M0rpheus: “Noch eine frage: Wie kann ich meine log Daten speicher damit ich nicht immer meine username und password eingeben muss? ” Your remote desktop client should be able to send/save it.

• Core i7-6700k custom build

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

I have a noctua on my main server too. Quote from jollyrogr: “You also won't find liquid coolers on production servers. ” Yet hpe.com/us/en/insights/article…g-in-five-years-1710.html

Quote from jollyrogr: “Just my preference. Liquid coolers aren't as reliable as air coolers. For a desktop machine, ok, but for a server components should be chosen with function and reliability in mind and air cooling is the way to go. I'd hate to have the cooler spring a leak and short out the system, potentially losing many TB's worth of valuable data. ” While I have had one liquid coolers fail, I have had many fans on air coolers fail too. I used an H50 on one of my servers for years with no…

Quote from jollyrogr: “I would ditch the liquid cooler though. ” Out of curiosity, why?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

I got the remotedesktop plugin working and put it in the repo. Make sure to upgrade omv-extras to 4.1.4 before installing the plugin though.

• Quote from rudi63: “Will there be a repo for armel in v4? ” No. Quote from rudi63: “is someone working on this? ” No. I think armel is too slow and have nothing to test it on (well, it is too painful to use RPi1). Quote from rudi63: “Otherwise I would go back to erasmus. ” There may be a few plugins in the omv-extras erasmus repos but they are not being updated.

• Issues with docker installation

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Carlo85: “any hint? ” armel isn't supported by omv-extras or docker. Quote from Carlo85: “EDIT: after posting this message i got this error code e9618bfc34c6cede1366bcf137c0a10adf2b19e9 ” Read the fourth problem here - Solutions to common problems

• Quote from rudi63: “after the refresh there are no new pugins in the overview ” What is the output of: arch If it is armel, then there is no armel repo for omv-extras on OMV 4.x.

• Is OMV 4.x stable?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Mr Smile: “omv-extras.org says 4.0 is stable ” It has a list of stable plugins for OMV 4.x. It doesn't say OMV 4.x is stable.

• The flashmemory plugin just creates tmpfs mount points. So, it wouldn't care if the system is encrypted since it would be activated after the luks device was unlocked.

• Marvell ARMADA 388

The helios4 uses that chip. From what I have read the raid performance network speeds are very good.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from OleHB: “VNC works fine for me! VNC is more comfortable for me ” xrdp uses VNC as a backend. It just allows you to use an rdp client to connect to it.

• tmp

ryecoaaron - - General

What fails? /tmp is cleared on every reboot. If your system has very low ram, this would be a problem since tmpfs defaults to half the system ram. 1GB of ram or more is recommended.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from macom: “Remotedesktop scheint nicht auf OMV 4.x zu funktionieren. ” I couldn't get it to work on Debian 9.x without OMV or the plugin installed. I haven't tried in a while but it seems like things are still the same.

• virtualbox 5.2.8 with updated plugin, phpvirtualbox, and virtualbox-ext-pack-installer are in the omv 4.x omv-extras testing repo. And to answer future questions, this will not get backported to OMV 3.x and I'm not going to build virtualbox packages for i386.