Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 458.

• OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

donh - - General

Probably a formatting issue by the forum software. cat <<EOF >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list deb packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main # deb downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openmediavault/packages arrakis main ## Uncomment the following line to add software from the proposed repository. # deb packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis-proposed main # deb downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openmediavault/packages arrakis-proposed main ## This software is not part of Open…

• OMV, ZFS and Proxmox

donh - - General

Again I don't claim to be an expert on this, I am still learning too. I have four 2TB drives. I created a pair of mirrors. zpool status pool: R10-4x2TB state: ONLINE scan: scrub repaired 0B in 9h16m with 0 errors on Sun May 13 09:40:41 2018 config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM R10-4x2TB ONLINE 0 0 0 mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0 wwn-0x5000c50072c359e7 ONLINE 0 0 0 wwn-0x5000c50072c358a5 ONLINE 0 0 0 mirror-1 ONLINE 0 0 0 wwn-0x5000c500668b65e8 ONLINE 0 0 0 wwn-0x5000c5003e6cd752 ONLINE 0 0 0 logs wwn-0x5…

• OMV, ZFS and Proxmox

donh - - General

If it is working for you that's fine. If your performance is slow or you have a lot of iowait then see if it helps.

• OMV, ZFS and Proxmox

donh - - General

I don't claim to be an expert on this but here is how I did it. My disks are zfs on the proxmox. That way I can give as much as I need to omv or other vm's. Also I think zfs may be more stable on proxmox. See the threads about zfs problems on these forums. I am also not sure about performance. If you are using omv for vm storage you would be adding a layer. vm-proxmox-disk vs vm-proxmox-omv-disk Not sure it would make that much difference depending on your load. Either way it should work tho.

• Ldap plugin

donh - - Plugins

The linked method uses sssd that can detect some of the settings you are having a question about. It is not in the plugin because I have no idea how to write a plugin.

• Just downloaded, Need info

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

Welcome to the forums. You will need to install the "net install" minimal version of debian then add omv on top of that. forum.openmediavault.org/index…OMV4-on-Debian-9-Stretch/

• Ldap plugin

donh - - Plugins

Unfortunately the plugin uses quit old technology. I prefer this. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/

• I am only guessing because I have little to go on. I used to use winbind to connect to windows ad. One person said realmd caused problems and I could not get that working with windows either. Have not tried lately.

• I have not used a samba ad before. If you have an easy guide I may try to setup one in a vm. I added a thread in the guide you used. Maybe the author will see it and look at it. Since you have given very few details its hard to help much. Look at this thread maybe. centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52872

• Can you take a look at this thread? forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=175205#post175205 Thanks

• Try the script in this thread. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ What version of ad server?

• Look here forum.openmediavault.org/index…OMV4-on-Debian-9-Stretch/ or forum.openmediavault.org/index…ll-OMV3-on-Debian-Jessie/ .

• What version of omv? Can you connect from machines other than win 10?

• Your user id 1616401116:1616400513 is out of the range of login.defs. You need to edit /etc/login.defs from 60000 to something like UID_MAX 33554431 and for gid. I am not sure if that guide uses sssd or not. If so look at my sssd.conf in this post. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ Or you may be able to set it in smb extras.

• Since the proxmox kernel is an option maybe you could get 0.7.8 from there? All tho proxmox kernel is 4.15.

• tmp dir errors

donh - - General

The fix is available. Just update with gui or cli.

• When I break things I hope to learn something. Hope you did.

• Well that is about all I can help with. There are a couple other things on the omv-firstaid screen that may help. The more details you give the better your replies may be. You gave almost no details about hardware or version. New install or been working for a long time. I installed x and everything broke. Anything that may be relevant.

• Run omv-firstaid and fix your network.

• Does ping ftp.us.debian.org work?