Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 55.

• [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Thanks to others for further discussion here. Quote from kmal808: “I think @bmhj2 has already manually edited the config file and had the same results/error. I read the instructions from the SnapRAID guide that you referenced, but wasn’t sure about editing the config file manually, so I searched the forum and came across this thread. My real problem is that I can’t get the first sync to finish. I’ve tried just about everything I can find or think of and still get the “Warning! The array is not f…

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Quote from kmal808: “Did that process work for you? I'm getting the same error, and I follwed the process listed here. Deleted drive from OMV gui, went to terminal and ran command snapraid -E sync, and got this error: Disk 'd2' with uuid 'abee6d94-71ad-42ec-ab28-bc921527b6a8' not present in the configuration file! If you have removed it from the configuration file, please restore it How did you resolve your error? Thanks. ” Hello kmal. No, that didn't do the job for me, I got the same error as y…

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “Quote from bmhj2: “Thanks. From my reading of the manual, -e only applies to the 'fix' command. Should I use -E (upper case), or am I misunderstanding the manual? Sorry - just want to be clear before setting this running. Thanks. ” You're right, my mistake. Should be snapraid -E sync ” Great. Thanks for your help.

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Thanks. From my reading of the manual, -e only applies to the 'fix' command. Should I use -E (upper case), or am I misunderstanding the manual? Sorry - just want to be clear before setting this running. Thanks.

bmhj2 - - Plugins

OK, thank you @jollyrogr. So the correct procedure would be: 1. Delete the SSD from the drive list within the plugin 2. Then go to a terminal window and execute the command: Source Code (1 line) Do I have that right? Or would it be the same command with the modifiers -FV? Thanks!

• OK, I've not tried that yet but I will. Will post again on here when I get the chance.

• Do you mean the testing version of Clonezilla here?

• Quote from Stramm: “Maybe this will help you Start alternative Clonezilla iso ” Thanks. My concern here is that I've already tried to run Clonezilla from a CD as well as from the OMV-extras. The img I used didn't work from the CD, nor when I used it via the process outlined here. How would I know which img of Clonezilla would work? Is it simply a question of trial and error?

bmhj2 - - Plugins

I have the following array set up in SnapRAID: 1 x disk of 2TB (parity) 5 x HDDs of varied sizes (data) 1 x SSD (data) I created this before I'd really got to grips with SnapRAID and it needs a bit of tweaking now I've had some more time to think things through. I want to remove the SSD from the array, because 1) the files on it change too often for SnapRAID to be useful and 2) they are covered by another form of backup. I also want to add a new 2TB parity drive. I'm having difficulty getting Sn…

• I have had an identical error message as in this thread, while attempting to use clonezilla to backup my system disk - only with a different 'group number' quoted compared to that for the OP in this pic. Have posted this message on that thread - and so apologies for this cross-post - but I haven't heard from anyone and I was wondering if anyone in this topic has any ideas as to what the problem might be. Though the system itself still boots from the SSD, and the SSD appears to be working fine, I…

• Thanks very much for the advice!

• Quote from gderf: “Yes, SnapRaid and mergerfs get along just fine. ” Hi again, I'm very happily getting along with OMV4 and Docker. Am now preparing to move to SnapRAID and mergerfs, and have had a bit of a play around with these on a VM to get the hang of them. One thing I can't work out - and this is something I haven't managed to work out by searching the forums - concerns how to implement these using existing filesystems. There is quite a good SnapRAID plugin guide here, but no corresponding…

• Clonezilla extfsclone.c bitmap error

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Anyone have any ideas about this post? If anyone can offer any pointers I'd be very grateful as currently I have a disk that I can't take any form of backup of. Many thanks!

• Clonezilla extfsclone.c bitmap error

bmhj2 - - Plugins

I have had an identical error message as the OP while attempting to use clonezilla to backup my system disk - only with a different 'group number' quoted compared to that for the OP in this pic. This prevents me from using Clonezilla to backup the system drive, though the system itself still boots from the SSD. Further output from Clonezilla included here: Source Code (133 lines)I have used Clonezilla before to make a backup of the same SSD and it worked fine. Since the last backup I used Gparte…

• Docker - deluge plugin problems

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Please ignore this - it was something obvious, and I have just - to my astonishment - worked this out.

• Docker - deluge plugin problems

bmhj2 - - Plugins

Hello all, So I have been having lots of fun over the last week upgrading my NAS to OMV4, and getting to grips with Docker. I am having absolutely no success at all configuring the LinuxServer docker image for deluge, though. I can access the web interface, I have (I think) opened all the right ports on iptables and in my router, but try as I might, the torrent I have been using to test it will not download, find peers, or indeed do anything. I have posted some log files which might be helpful, …

• Quote from OpenMediaVault: “Quote from subzero79: “Luks works over block devices, under fs. So raid first,encryption later, fs at the end. ” This sounds pretty simple. Thank's for the instructions. Is it possible to handle this 3 steps: 1. Create RAID 2. Create LUKS 3. Create FILESYSTEM 4. PROFIT! via the OMV Web interface? Still waiting for my HW to be delivered so I can't test it right now The unlocking should work with the web interface. Does anyone know if there is a permission management to…

• Web interface/omv-firstaid inaccessible

bmhj2 - - General

Thank you, hoppel and votdev. In the end I did some poking around but decided that since I had a four day old clone of the system disk, that would be easier to restore. This will get me back to the point where I can then prepare for an upgrade to OMV 3 or 4. Many thanks for your help.

bmhj2 - - General

Thanks - that is really odd, given than the free space on the system drive last week was over 20GB. It doesn't seem normal for it to fill up that fast - if it had, would that indicate some kind of problem? Given my lack of expertise in the CLI, is it likely to be easier just to restore a Clonezilla image?

bmhj2 - - General

My OMV box has just started to behave oddly; while still listening to music via plex, I noticed that my samba shares were no longer accessible over the LAN, though the music continued to play. After some disconnecting my laptop from the LAN to try and get the shares back, I tried to reboot the server. Since that point, only shell access has been possible. Tried running omv-firstaid via the CLI; it didn't load, and I got this error message: Source Code (1 line)This is what comes up in my browser …