Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “But, I must have something else going on. Even with kernel 4.9.0, the ZFS plugin is still attempting to install 0.7.9 and it stops with an endless Error. It's time to start over and sift through the details. ” If you disable the omv-extras testing repo, it won't install the 0.7.9 packages. ” With a fresh build, it's fixed and working on test hardware. I'm running kernel 4.9.0 with OMV4. ZFS 0.7.9-2 (ZFS pool ver 5000, ZFS filesystem ver 5) installed a…

• The satellite box... One would think that Pi-Hole's DHCP server would comply to the same standard(s) as OMV's DNS plugin but, not being a Dev, the reasons why would be too deep a dive for me. Further, since it's one device, I imagine the issue wouldn't get much attention on the Pi-Hole forum. Well, your sacrifice wasn't for nothing: Since my clean Pi-Hole install had working graphs as well, I changed the How-To so that graphs will work for other users, in the latest update/upgrade. (I.E. clear t…

• **Feedback is welcome by PM or E-mail to omvguide@gmail.com.**____________________________________________________________________________________________ Notes Note 1. Add-on client firewalls should be set to “trust” the local network with Medium or Low security settings. Using High security settings, for the local network, can result in clients becoming isolated on the network. Note 2. The issues with Windows 10 being able to map OMV SMB network shares seem to be related to Microsoft's version…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Packages? I can't think of one that would be affected. Hardware support? Yes. btrfs? yes. The kernel has nothing to do with samba. ” You mean Samba will run without the kernel?? Just kidding... My test hardware is the humble kind. (Older stuff.) BTRFS - nothing to miss there. Prediction - all good by kernel 5.0. ____________________________________________________________ But, I must have something else going on. Even with kernel 4.9.0, the ZFS plugin is still attempting …

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “The only true way around this is disable backports in /etc/default/openmediavault and use the 4.9 kernel from the standard repo. This will use linux-image-amd64 and linux-headers-amd64 from the standard repo which is the 4.9 kernel and headers. ” Would using kernel 4.9 in stretch have detrimental affects on the rest of OMV4's packages (specifically Samba)? I can't see the Dev's of various packages making immediate use of new kernel abilities. I'm not looking for a definit…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I just built the zfs 0.7.9 packages from debian sid and uploaded to omv-extras 4.x testing repos. These are working on my test VM with the 4.16 kernel. I didn't test against the 4.14 or 4.15 kernel though. ” That's kind of a relief. If 4.16 will work (eventually), great. I've built OMV4 a few times on real hardware, installed the kernel headers, didn't install the 4.16 update, pinned the 4.14 kernel in OMV-Extras, and the ZFS plugin insisted on building a module for the 4…

• Quote from geaves: “By just deleting the old Docker does it clear everything, as in doing a purge --remove, I'm wondering if the issue is a config file or something still hanging around. ” No it doesn't. It clears the running container and the old image. The Pi-hole configuration (under /etc/pihole) is mapped to /dockerparms/pihole outside of the container. If you followed the How-To, the new container would pickup and merge the previous configuration. That was intended as a "feature" (for retai…

• Cant access smb share on omv4?

flmaxey - - General

Thanks for the note on the newer Samba version (and NTLMv2) in OMV4. Quote from Best74: “What i dont understand is why a Windows 10 machine wont use ntlmv2 auth, anybody have a clue why this is happening..? ” Yes, it's called "Microsoft Syndrome". They march to the beat of the own drum, without informing anyone of what they're doing or weighting out potential consequences. Usually their choices are detrimental to all concerned external parties and sometimes even to themselves. They like to call …

• Cant access smb share on omv4?

flmaxey - - General

Quote from cabrio_leo: “If your problem is ACL related, then there is a plugin where you can reset all access rights, but I can´t remember just now. ” (For OMV4) The plugin is openmediavault-resetperms 3.3 Quote from Best74: “This was a clean install, so i've just recreated the shares thorugh GUI. Now i cant figure out if this is an issue with smb or the fact that my shares are on a disk formatted on the old OMV 3 install... Or maybe ACL has gone wild.. ” You could reset the ACL with the plugin …

• Quote from geaves: “EDIT 2:Pi-hole DHCP scrapped!! iPads and Satellite box will not communicate!! So because the wife's home I have put everything back to the router, so tomorrow I'll reinstall the plugin which worked and reinstall Docker Pi-Hole. Aren't computers wonderful ” There has to be more to it. When I tested the DHCP function, to get my router out of the picture and in order for all devices to get new addresses, it was necessary to cold restart everything. The restart began with my rout…

• Quote from geaves: “With the update to OMV 4 I decided to update the Docker Pi-hole, it seems that the latest Pi-hole no longer uses dnsmasq but uses it's own called FTL. The one thing I have noticed since updating the graphs are flat or rather they are not recording, I'm wondering therefore because I'm running the latest dnsmasq plugin if this is having an issue somehow. I did find a command to run to check if dnsmasq (but I've shut the page down) whilst the DNS in the plugin is pointing to Pi-…

• Final Notes 1. For statically addressed clients, it will be necessary to change the DNS entry, for each client, to Pi-Hole's IP address. 2. Use only Pi-Hole's IP address as the DNS server. Setting a second, "alternate DNS address" will allow Pi-Hole to be bypassed under certain conditions. 3. Pi-Hole can be bypassed, on a per client basis, by entering a public DNS server IP address in your client's network attributes. 4. After your docker container is running and the Pi-Hole server is working an…

• I'm working on an OMV4 install, on test hardware, as I write this. I'll look into the graphs issue but, if it's otherwise function, the lack of graphs wouldn't be a show stopper for me. Other than looking at the stat's on occasion, I don't look in on Pi-hole that often.

• As I remember, the original concern with Pi-hole was multicast (NetFlix type services) and Pi-Hole's DHCP server. When I worked through the Docker config; I tested both server functions, DNS and DHCP, but I didn't "extensively" test the DHCP server function beyond the basics. With that stated, just because I didn't thoroughly test it doesn't mean that it wouldn't work reliably. After looking at the number of views on the Pi-Hole "How-To" (closing in on 5000 - astonishing), I've received zero neg…

• You can stabilize the clock on an R-PI with this -> RTC DS3231 (The price is hard to beat.) Here's some info on installing / activating the RTC.-> Guide

• Disks disappeared after power outage

flmaxey - - General

BTRFS works fine for single disks. I'm using it for a single disk with a weak ARM-HF platform (a Raspberry Pi) with 1 whole GB of RAM. The repair utility is btrfs check --repair. I've had to use the utility on one occasion and it straightened out a few issues. However, if you want a RAID5 type array, BTRFS is not quite there yet. -> BTRFS project status. (Look at the entry for RAID56) If BTRFS was a bit more mature, I'd be using it. It has some great features, but for what I'd want it for (bitro…

• This may sound odd, but have you checked the time on R-PI? If you don't have an RTC (Real Time Clock) module and it's up all the time (without auto-update), the clock may drift significantly. Deluge has a password "feature" where the screen seems to ignore login attempts, because (as I understand it) the attempt expires. I experienced this with first logon because my PC clock was different from what my browser was registering. Your issue may be the same sort of thing, but from a drifting clock. …

• Emby Server

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

Quote from geaves: “I'm still not convinced of having to add the Volumes and Bind options other than for the config file. Emby has always updated without the need for re enabling the paths to each content folder as it is stored within it's own config.... ” I admit that I don't know the internals of Emby - that's your area. In my case, I have segregated media shares so individual paths to each share seemed to be in order. In any case, there's more than one way to do it. Overall, I'm satisfied tha…

• Emby Server

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

@geaves; I just finished giving my wife a demo of Emby. As I've mentioned before, I haven't used media centers ut to this point but she doesn't get my method of organizing media. So,, given that it seems to work fine, the container updates in place and metadata (actually all configuration data) can easily be exported to data disk, I think I'm going to adopt Emby in a Docker. The only differences from the above would be: - The GID will be 100 - the standard users group. (As it turned out 111 is t…

• Emby Server

flmaxey - - Off-Topic

I followed up on the cache, transcoding-temp, and metadata files location. They're stored in "/config". Fixing that was easy enough. I changed the first line in Volumes and Bind points to the following: Host Path -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Container Path /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-OMV-VM-RAID5/embyconfig/config----------/config (I actually copied the contents of the old Host Path to the new location first, then changed the line in Volumes and Bind…