Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• Hi, Long story short In email settings, what is called "SSL/TLS" seems to actually be "STARTSSL" which is not the same and causes trouble setting up a proper SMTP connection when you actually want to use SSL/TLS. Explaination There is a very common misconception between TLS and STARTTLS, even Outlook doesn't know the difference and calls "SSL" what is actually "SSL/TLS" and they call "TLS" what is actually "STARTTLS". Android on some mobile phones (latest Samsung ones for sure) are wrong as well…

• @geaves Thanks for your insight. Well, i didn't figure out a solution for these poor rates and delayed copies, so i'm gonna stop using iSCSI. It was interesting to try though, i'm glad i did it. I'll just use SMB until I buy one 2TB or two 1TB SSD(s) to replace this network D:\ drive, it's been a while since I wanted to do that anyways >> All games on SSD, all audio libraries on SSD, will be awesome (and expensive) Thank you all for your attention, you rock and I wish you the best!

• Got my iSCSI drive working. Guess what? Rust works ! So that was a good idea. However, write speeds seem to be quite slow (network interface shows 500Mbit/s) while read speed reach Gigabit. I tried Write-through and Write-back but saw no difference. Also, if i copy like a 2GB file from my SSD to the iSCSI drive, it copies instantly to the HDD, but disk usage shows 100% and network shows 500Mbit/s upload for the whole time it actually copies the file, then the copy slows down slowly until the tra…

• Some clever people from hardware.fr suggest trying an iSCSI mount of the drive instead of a classic SMB as a workaround. I didn't know about that protocol and think it's clever. I shall explore this possibility as soon as possible. Gotta move data from this drive away, again first. Will start during the night. Of course I will report back here whatever the issue is.

• No problem @raulfg3 , thanks already for trying! Sadly, no luck with this @Nibb31. Here is what I did exactly, so that you can check my procedure. So i went editing my /etc/fstab with nano From this Source Code (1 line) To this Source Code (1 line)Then ran mount -a Tried to start Rust > error So I rebooted the NAS Tried to start Rust again > error So I stopped Steam, disabled and re-enabled my network connection onto the Windows Client Tried to start Rust again > failed again So I went back to o…

• Yes, I confirm that I'm logged in as UltimateByte into the SMB share on my Windows 10 client.

• Thanks a lot for your answer. I should have mentioned, but then my post would have been even longer, but I had ACL options set as you said when i first made the share. I disabled it for testing purposes. As advised, I just did the following : - I ticked back "Inheric ACLs" onto the SMB share as well as "Inherit permissions". - Then i went back to ACL onto the share within Shared Folders, ticked "Apply permissions to files and subfolders" and "Replace all existing permissions" and applied. Then I…

• what hardware for NAS

UltimateByte - - Motherboards

If it can give some ideas, here is my hardware (mix of used parts, new parts, and other parts that i had available). Main goal was to have a good expandability and a low power consumption. I wish i found a lower max wattage PSU, but then it wouldn't be modular or wouldn't have enough SATA power cables. # Hardware Case: Fractal Define R3 (my old main case, good because it has loads of HDD cages) PSU: Be Quiet 500w modular Gold (new buy) Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro V Edition (used part, taken becaus…

• Hi there, I'm literally clueless here, hopefully somebody will come up with a good idea, because I googled a lot already (maybe badly) and couldn't find anything about this issue. Maybe I did something wrong, or there are tweaks to do, or what i want to achieve is impossible. Any case, I'd love to know. You will find some screenshots that might tell the most experienced of you more than any of my words. forum.openmediavault.org/index…a0002b4c294d49b54d37173e1forum.openmediavault.org/index…a0002b…