Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 358.

• Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

David B - - Plugins

Quote from Zwei: “Been waiting for this release a while. However, after installation of the plugin I get the following error. Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 3) #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle() #2 {main} How do I solve this? ” How did you…

• OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

David B - - General

When you're copying from the original post, using the "Copy contents" button in the top right corner. If you use that, then it works.

• [Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x

David B - - Plugins

What I do not understand about the caching problem is that whenever the graph updates, the URL for the graph image changes, meaning that even if the image is cached, you should not be loading the same image. For example, here are two different URLs for the same image. localhost/rrd.php?name=sensors-hour.png&time=1526497062980 localhost/rrd.php?name=sensors-hour.png&time=1526497195462 I am currently testing in a VM which does not work very well with this plugin since no sensors are detected. Does…

David B - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from David B: “For anyone that wants to get the OpenVPN plugin working on OMV 4, follow these instructions. I tried it and it works. These instructions assume that you're logged in to the terminal as root. ” Please don't do this. I will package the plugin and put it in the testing repo. ”

David B - - Plugins

Apparently the OpenVPN repo was updated to support OMV 4, but it was not put in the OMV-Extras repo. For anyone that wants to get the OpenVPN plugin working on OMV 4, follow these instructions. I tried it and it works. These instructions assume that you're logged in to the terminal as root. 1. apt install git fakeroot dh-make 2. git clone https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-openvpn.git 3. cd openmediavault-openvpn/ 4. fakeroot debian/rules clean binary 5. cd .. 6. …

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “ There are a few issues still to resolve but the main one is the tabs, they do not update. Well, they do but you have to clear the browsers cache for them to show, this make me wonder if the plugin is feasible any more.We could use main tabs instead of sub-tabs but this would make the page a little cluttered. BTW your help is much appreciated, 2 heads are better than 1 ” Thanks! I'm glad to hear that I'm contributing in some way. I will have a look at the caching thing if t…

David B - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from nexusle: “Who is the maintainer of the OpenVPN plugin and can we ping on him here? ” There is no maintainer. ” Who was the maintainer? Also, what problems are people experiencing?

• Well that's interesting. I was under the impression that it was still dependent on php5 because when upgrading from OMV 3 to OMV 4, php5 seems to remain installed and cause problems. forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/22812-

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “I have now found the issue with the tabs not showing up and it has been fixed but this has led on to another problem I can now display graphs for everything except system fans, It will show system fans if combined with the cpu fan but will not show it on its own graph(errors when applying.)” What's the problem? I know I haven't been much help so far, but perhaps I can try to solve it?

• Has the mysql plugin been updated to no longer have dependencies on php5?

David B - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from David B: “Is it in the OMV-Extras repository? I cannot find it. ” It is in the beta repo. This plugin is very dangerous if you used incorrectly. You can download the plugin and install manually from bintray. ” Haha yeah I learned that the hard way. I found it on GitHub, built it, and installed it last night, and while arbitrarily clicking on buttons to figure out what they do, I accidentally upgraded to OMV 5. Fortunately I was working in a VM which I'd just ta…

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “Quote from David B: “How do you build your deb files ” I use the openmediavault-developer plugin, very easy to build and install packages. ” Oh alright! I did not know that such a plugin existed. Is it in the OMV-Extras repository? I cannot find it.

• This seems to have worked! I removed the php5 cron job, but I have to keep php5 installed because openmediavault-mysql depends on it.

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “Quote from gderf: “Can you provide a link to your package? ” github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…rs/openmediavault-sensors It is only on github, no deb package as yet due to the issues I have mentioned above. ” Perhaps I should just upgrade my OMV machine already and install the plugin so that data is being collected even if it is not displaying properly yet. How do you build your deb files by the way? Do you use the openmediavault.mk file for that? If so, then how?

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “I will look later, does that error happen on my branch? I have place holder on the sensors script at the top that I keep there to remind me of places files go, it will cause the script to fail if not removed. ” Oh. And here I was combing through the mkconf file trying to find a problem in the code. It seems that removing the file listing does indeed stop that error from occurring when trying to change settings, but a new one occurs. It looks like somewhere in the code, mkgr…

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “Quote from David B: “Are you sure you've pushed everything? I don't see an mkrrdgraph folder in the repo. ” I don't use a mkrrdgraph folder, just checked your github and can't see it there either? What do you use it for? Sorry I just got what I think you mean. I generate /usr/share/openmediavault/mkrrdgraph/plugins.d/sensors.py using the script depending what options are set on the plugin page. ” Oh! Okay I understand what you mean now. I will have a look at how to get the …

David B - - Plugins

Quote from jhmiller: “I have uploaded what i have so far to git hub, like I said its working but only for cpu. Its using the new python method to get the graphs but needs the sub tabs sorted out. ” Are you sure you've pushed everything? I don't see an mkrrdgraph folder in the repo.

David B - - Plugins

Oh I didn't realize that you were working on this as well. If you haven't found this on your own by now, have a look at /usr/share/openmediavault/mkrrdgraph/plugins.d. It appears that graphs are now handled by Python scripts stored in this directory. I believe I also have some commits that I can submit pull requests to you for to help out.

David B - - Plugins

Quote from 1337iceskater: “Hi, I tried the plugin, but it does not seem to work as smoothly as usually expected for OMV. Is there any further instruction or troubleshooting needed? I need to say, that on my machine lm-sensors is already giving correct results, but without a way to put it into a GUI. Thanks for the effort! ” Yeah I noticed that after releasing the build I posted. The graph doesn't update. I will see what I can do about that.

• Okay so I've put together what I think is a working build of the plugin if anyone would like to try it out. I am not sure that the graphs display properly, but I can tell you that the plugin doesn't freak out when you try to change the settings. github.com/DavidBerdik/openmed…sors/releases/tag/84fed5a