Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 220.

• Transmission and multiple drives

flvinny521 - - Plugins

No, your current data isn't affected when using that plugin. It will create a new mount point with a long string of characters, and you can access it like an individual drive. You can make a new shared folder there and point Transmission to it, and depending on the rules you define with the unionfilesystems plugin, the data will automatically span all the drives you've specified. You'll also still be able to access the individual drives.

• Quote from cmbe: “I am a noob on linux, sorry. It seems like port 80 is already in use: As you can see Apache2 is running (at startup, for some reason) taken port 80. So i have disabled it and solved the problem with: sudo update-rc.d apache2 disable ” Not too much of a noob then, I guess!

• Generally, the OMV installation process reserves the entire system drive. So, unless you partitioned it manually, your entire system drive will be found under root (/). You should be able to log in via Putty or run MC and view the root filesystem, but I don't know anything about where those files would have been downloaded by default, so I don't know which folder you'd have to navigate to. Ah, beaten by @ryecoaaron. I forgot about the Locate plugin.

• Another user was not able to use a shared folder for his config directory. Can you try to use a path elsewhere, maybe on your system drive at least just to test it?

• Did you try the Plex address without "/web" on the end? Can you post some screenshots of your container settings?

• To share or not to share

flvinny521 - - General

Quote from earthtorob: “I tried Plex years ago because it was build from XBMC and I had a lot of exp with that. But I switched to Emby because Plex had monthly fees. Of course now Emby does too. What does Plex have over Emby? Since leaving XBMC I'm pretty open to trying new stuff. ” I'm not too up-to-date on how they compare. At the time, I switched because Emby couldn't sync media to ipads, and I needed to do that for a trip I was taking with my kids. Shortly after, I added a bunch of remote us…

flvinny521 - - General

I am a former Emby user but now I switched to Plex. I think you can safely ignore all that stuff. Keep it simple.

• DLNA install

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from Qwerty: “I prefer a path to a folder that I can set up manually but it's not always possible to do this. ” From what clients are you trying to access your media? I use Plex because I have several remote users that have access to my media, but within my own house, I think I could get by with simply sharing everything through Samba. Also, I think that forum message is a cryptic way to tell you that you've triggered the spam detection.

flvinny521 - - General

Generally yes, shared folders are used if you want to be able to interact with your files from another system running a Windows or Linux desktop OS. If you don't need to do this and manipulate your files from the OMV machine itself or via SSH, you'll probably have no need for them.

• Quote from subzero79: “Give autofs a try ” Looks like a good solution, I'll give it a shot. Thanks again for the advice.

• Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Quote from Chickenlal: “When I don't enter a folder for config I can run it perfectly, but then it creates a folder itself with is R/O and every time the docker restarts all the settings are gone... ” Have you tried deleting the container, manually deleting the config folder you specified, starting a new container from that image and letting it repopulate the config files?

• I switched over to Mint for a few days to see if I had more stability there, and I do. Mounting through gvfs works fine, although the file path to manipulate the files from the command line is a bit long and clunky. I have tried every guide I can find for mounting the shares using cifs in the fstab file and I'm getting nowhere fast. I always end up with input/output errors, invalid arguments, etc. Can anybody recommend some reading material or a site better suited for asking for assistance?

• Docker Issue - Sonarr and Deluge

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Have you tried switching from Host networking mode and set a different port number? Maybe there is some conflict.

• Once you've enabled those repos and applied changes, you have to go back into the "plugins" menu and the omv-extras plugins will now be available. It also may be that the plugins you're looking for aren't available on OMV4.

• I haven't had the time to mess around with this yet, but I've noticed that sometimes my desktop will boot and the NFS mounts aren't visible in Dolphin. Navigating to the mount directory yields an empty folder. Sometimes I can reboot or shut down and power on and the folders come back, and sometimes I can reboot five times in a row and they never appear. Obviously I've got some more tweaking to do before I get as comfortable with a Linux desktop as I'd like to be.

• Quote from subzero79: “You’re comparing samba to nfs. Try using samba both ways fstab and gvfs see how it behaves. Gvfs is always slower. I actually never notice this, I personally use xfce with nfs, I can test later to see if it makes a difference and experience the same as you describe. ” Yes, just comparing my experience with Windows mounted shares vs. Linux. I have no other basis for comparison since I've never used Linux in a desktop before. Honestly I have no idea what GVFS is, I'll have t…

• For the first time, I have decided to use Linux as my desktop OS and retired Windows 10 to gaming-only duty. I chose KDE Neon (Ubuntu based) and mounted my OMV NFS shares in my desktop's /etc/fstab file. I am able to access the shares, but I experience some unusual behavior. First, when viewing my Samba shares in Windows 10, Windows Explorer would immediately update the contents of an open folder if any changes were made (i.e. if a folder was moved, it would immediately disappear from the Explor…

• Plex local (private) usage

flvinny521 - - Plugins

I use Plex mainly to share my library with some remote users (family and friends). I also am a Plex Pass subscriber, but I think if I was only consuming the media on my local network, I would simply use Kodi clients on all TVs.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

flvinny521 - - Plugins

Exposed port should be kept at default, and the host port can be changed. Also, assuming you've used Linuxserver.io containers, make sure that both containers have unique /config folder mapping.

• Quote from guynexdoor: “Is there a guide on how to install and utilize the plexmedia server? I have a smart TV and it has the plex app. I want to be able to stream movies from a folder that I have connected to my raspberry pi running OMV. ” I can help you with the Docker installation of Plex here. As far as how to actually use the app, as @gderf said, you'd be better off asking at the Plex site or just watching some youtube tutorials. Edit: Don't expect good (or possibly even acceptable) perform…