Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 570.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• USB Backup PlugIn Error

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

You meanwhile have solved it by yourself, but this is a common problem that OMV doesn´t like NTFS with spaces in the disk label under certain circumstances. There are several threads here regarding this issues. In general you should use a Posix compatible linux filesystem instead of NTFS with USB backup. Only in this case you are able to restore your data with all permissions. NTFS with OMV is only intended for reading data.

• Leider kann ich dir in deinem konkreten Fall nicht weiterhelfen. extplorer wurde nicht für OMV4 portiert. Es gibt hier diverse Threads zum Einsatz von anderen webbasierten Filemanagern. Generell ist die Nutzung von extplorer auch bei früheren OMV-Versionen fraglich. Ich wollte das Tool früher auch benutzen, hauptsächlich zum File Handling. Leider ist es mir nicht gelungen, auf der Systemplatte Files zu löschen oder zu ändern. Ich hatte immer zu wenig Rechte. Den diversen Tipps bin ich gefolgt, t…

• Cant access smb share on omv4?

cabrio_leo - - General

Please read this very useful guide from @flmaxey: HOW-TO-Browse-Connect-to-OMV-SMB-shares-with-Windows-10 If your problem is ACL related, then there is a plugin where you can reset all access rights, but I can´t remember just now.

• In the NUT plugin window there should be a field with at least to entries: driver = ... port = ... What happens if you add this new line and safe the configuration? MAXAGE = 100 In my current configuration I had to add: pollintervall = 10

• Autoshutdown plugin OMV 3

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

I forgot that there is also a simulation mode to test the several configuration options.

• Autoshutdown plugin OMV 3

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

You should read the log. Also you can activate advanced logging. In the log file you should see which event prevents the NAS to shutdown. In principle the plugin can monitor active ip adresses or adress ranges, ports, disk activity and so on. To make a basic test you can remove all entries at "intervallo di ip" and "Sockets". Also disable "ULDL Rate" = network traffic, "HDDIO Rate" = Disk activity, "Check SMB status" = Mounted SMB shares, "Check users" = Users, that are already logged in by SSH.…

• OMV4 Missing openmediavault-sickbeard

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

This forum has a search function! A small search for "sickbeard" and I found for example this thread: Docker or apptool for SABNZBD, SICKBEARD, DELUGE, EMBY ?

• Web Interface File Manager

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from jthaw: “web interface file manager ” I´m afraid not. I am also using Midnight Commander together with 'screen', but both are tools for the command line in a SSH shell.

• USB Backup working in 4.1.5?

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Sorry, but I have no more ideas.

• Normaly the pool should be imported correctly after a reboot. I remember a thread in the forum that ZFS wasn´t mounted after reboot. It was solved with a ZFS update: ZFS not mounting - OMV 4.x With OMV3 there were issues with shared folders and other dependencies after exporting/importing a ZFS pool: Shared folders going N/A for device corrupts USB Backup The explanation of that behavior is here I don´t know if this is solved in OMV4.

• Degraded ZFS not notifications

cabrio_leo - - General

I wrote a small script zpool_online_check.sh which is executed once an hour to do a regular check of the pool. I found a template somewhere and it was modified by me. Shell-Script (15 lines)

cabrio_leo - - General

@jammiejammie This is the thread I have meant: (HowTo) avoid Autoshutdown while a ZFS scub is running I have done this in OMV3, but not tested it with OMV4. After a zpool status you should get an email in your case.

• Backup to multiple disks

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from jcd: “The USB backup plugin can only be used for backups to one single hard disk. ” That is not entirely true. You can backup different shared folders to different USB or eSATA disks. My ZFS pool is divided in several shared folders. For every shared folder I have created a separate USB backup job which uses two different external disks, one USB disk and one eSATA disk. Everytime I connect a disk only the assigned backup jobs are executed. You can do this in the same matter with your …

cabrio_leo - - General

The ZED email notification must be enabled manually. I wrote a small HowTo here in the forum to start a script depending on some ZED events. There is also explained how to activate the email notification. Please use the forum search function.

• Do you use spaces in the label name of the drive? You should remove them first. More info here

• Please check your DNS settings. It is necessary to have a valid DNS address configured.

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Please look here

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Quote from ck42omv: “Different error. ” The "x20" before "Volume" in the exception message suggests that there is still a prefixed blank somewhere. Did you have data on the USB disk? Otherwise you could try to format the drive once again.

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Please change the disk label from "New Volume" to e.g. "NewVolume" (Remove the blank). There are issues with NTFS formatted drives and label name with a space.

• ZFS details font color

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Here @ryecoaaron has described a way to make the read-only text areas more darker. This works for OMV 3. I set the value to 0.5. Different values for differant shades of grey. I don´t know if this still works for OMV4.