Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moving from OMV 2.x to OMV 4

WastlJ - - Updates/Upgrades

1. Shutdown your NAS 2. Unplug all data disks 3. Install OMV on your system disk 4. Plug your data drives back in 5. Boot OpenMediaVault 6. Switch to system >> Update Manager >> Click "Check" >> Mark all the updates >> Click "Upgrade" 7. Switch to Storage >> File Systems >> Click your File System >> Click "Mount" 8. Install your wanted plugins 9. Reconfigure your users, plugins, services 10. Done.

• Why is ACL Greyed out?

WastlJ - - General

What filesystem is on your disk?

• jdownloader doesn't start after update

WastlJ - - Plugins

Same for OMV3. Why don´t you try the Docker way? And have you tried this?? Quote from WastlJ: “What does you JD output if you try to start it manually via CLI? ”

• Clean up or Re-Install?

WastlJ - - General

It still is. End of this POST - not thread. Btw. this thread is from 2014..

• Debian 9 on QNAP TS-210 + OMV

WastlJ - - My NAS Build

What debian version is installable? Jessie >> Install OMV3 on Debian Jessie Stretch >> Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)

• Quote from Genna: “As i have all my data on Raid HW and HDDs managed by HW raid card, if i wipe my ssd to install a new OMV, do i have risk to lost all my datas ? ” Nope. Just unplug every data drive while installing on a new system drive. After the first complete boot, shutdown the system, connect the drives, boot up and mount them again.

• Just plugin everything into your new system, boot up. Maybe you need to start omv-firstaid to reconfigure your network settings locally. After you are online again, mount your drives - thats it.

• Plex local (private) usage

WastlJ - - Plugins

Have a look at the bottom right corner - is there any link you can click?

• Try to update-grub via CLI. If that is not enough you can try to fix GRUB by doing the following steps. You first have to change the "X" to your system drive. Shell-Script (3 lines)

• How do you check the access at the moment? This does not need a plugin. Maybe a Cronjob

• jdownloader doesn't start after update

WastlJ - - Plugins

Guys. I don´t think there will be any updates in the future. Have you tried the Docker method? JD is also available as a Docker image. This is the way to go. However, if you prefer to use it as a plugin, you may need to fix something after every update. What does you JD output if you try to start it manually via CLI?

• Many plugins are no more necessary because the Devs try to use Docker more and more. There is also a Sabnzbd container available.

• Quote from mipi: “Am I save with these Plugins? ” Take a look here to see what plugins are supported in OMV 4.x. omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/omv-plugins-4 omv-extras is safe

• Flash-Speicher und Swap-Partition

WastlJ - - General

Die restliche Partition kann verwendet werden. Kannst du also auch als Datenpartition o.ä verwenden. Empfehlen würde ich dir das allerdings nicht. Das verkürzt die Lebenszeit einer SD Karte noch zusätzlich.

• some alternative for Virtualbox ?

WastlJ - - Plugins

What alternatives do you talk about? And what do you need them for?

• exFAT support?

WastlJ - - General

The underlying OS is Debian. Debian does not support ExFAT by default. But you can install it on your own via CLI.

• - Boot from a LiveCD to get access to the "/" partition. - Then, mount the partition where you have Debian's "/" (root directory), - Then change directory to /mnt/etc - Used nano as an editor to edit the file shadow. - Find the line starting with root: (or another username) - Delete everything between the first and second colons (:), and the line will now look like: root::$6$fsdsdgdsg74.:14862:0:99999:7::: - Reboot and login as root (or another username as used above) without a password. - At th…

• Jdowload / Pyload

WastlJ - - Plugins

I´d suggest to use docker for that.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

WastlJ - - Announcements

Thank you very much tkaiser - the EspressoBin looks like a suiting board for my needs. Just have to look where I order it as I have not seen any retailer, yet. (Just looked for a few minutes though Or I´ll just wait for the boards to come in 2018. As I still have my XU4 up and running pretty well!

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

WastlJ - - Announcements

Quote from tkaiser: “HC2 is now officially available: hardkernel.com/main/products/p….php?g_code=G151505170472 (see especially mechanical incompatibility note for few 3.5" HDD at the bottom) ” Very nice board... I´m almost getting weak As soon as there is a 2 Slot SATA 3 board I will buy it.