Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from alocam: “Do you know whether I should install and configure NUT instead of using the plugin? ” This has been requested before but still not implemented. So, I would either configure nut without the plugin or submit a pull request adding the functionality.

• Downloader plugin

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

I use the plugin often and have never had an issue with advertisements.

• Manual for upgrade

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from peekaa: “So my question is, how to recover, when I use backup plugin? ” If the thread you linked to doesn't help then you should use Clonezilla as backup instead. I made changes to the 4.x version of the backup plugin that would change that but you don't have those options in 3.x.

• Quote from PepeOMV: “but how would I convince OMV system to do so during booting? Can't I repair from root cli so I don't need a systemrescue cd or USB stick? ” Doesn't your grub menu have a rescue entry?

• Quote from alocam: “Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group? It looks like I cannot stop RAID in order to attempt mdadm --assemble. Do you think it is a good idea to try to reassemble the array? If so, is there a way to kill the offending process so that I can run the assemble instruction? Any other suggestions? I am a bit lost here, and I have been struggling for a couple of days now. ” Boot systemrescuecd and re-assemble it there.

• Quote from PepeOMV: “/srv/dev-disk-by-label-StorageRaid5 couldn't be found on /dev/md0 Raid ” For some reason, the mount point doesn't exist. Boot a rescue cd and make the mountpoint. Quote from PepeOMV: “is preventing the system to boot to webGUI and restrict SSH access too? ” If the system doesn't boot completely, the web interface and ssh will never start. Quote from PepeOMV: “Shouldn't OMV system be unaffected to be able to debug? ” This has nothing to do with OMV. This is a Linux situation.…

• Quote from PepeOMV: “mdstat shows all 3 Raided Disks in md0 and active so looks ok. blkid shows sda, sdb and sde (the md0 ext 4 RAID5) and the two sdc1 and sdd1 - those two are my UFS drives. sdc1 and sdd1 have exactly the same entries and numbers for LABEL, UUID, TYPE and PARTUUID but apart from that nothing obviously wroong points to my eye.... fdisk though showed something: on sdb and sdc it says Backup GPT table is corrupt, but the primary seems OK, so that will be used. Does this point some…

• Quote from PepeOMV: “But as I want to hotplug this drive (I do not want to leave it connected all the time for good reason but store it away in another place), how can it be unplugged? ” The drive used in with usbbackup plugin as a target is never mounted in the Filesystems tab and would never be referenced. Therefore, it does not have an entry in fstab and shouldn't cause boot problems. If the usb disk had the same label as a disk permanently mounted in the OMV box, you might have issues. Quote…

• Suggested File Manager

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from ebretteville: “Maybe it can be added to omv ” Personally, I stopped writing plugins that are just browser code (or cgi in this case). You can add it with the nginx plugin. The only file browser that should be added to OMV as a core feature or plugin should be something written with extjs that is integrated in the OMV web interface (using an iframe doesn't count either).

• omv 4?

ryecoaaron - - General

Regular support for Debian 8 (OMV 3.x) is ending in less than a month (2018.06.17) - link. While there are still some packages supported, it is a reduced set. OMV 3.x is also EOL'd. This should be good motivation to move to OMV 4.x.

• Suggested File Manager

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from ebretteville: “Up+! ” You are bumping a suggestion for a theme for webmin's file manager?

• OMV on IDE Flash Module (DOM)

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “BTW: In Armbian we're discussing currently to switch from (uncompressed) tmpfs to compressed zram to store logs: forum.armbian.com/topic/6444-v…findComment&comment=54837 (in the same thread a few posts above also some elaborations on 'write amplification' and why that matters). As soon as we come closer to a solution for Armbian's log2ram I'll ping you again so we might think about adopting this stuff for OMV's folder2ram too ” I look forward to this and would gladly add it …

• Flash memory help?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mrperfektone: “Cant find : ” Can't find what? Your fstab does have spaces between the equal (=) symbols and after commas. Remove these. Otherwise it looks fine. And remember that these changes are optional. The plugin does its job without these changes.

• Quote from mrperfektone: “Why ? ” Because you added the OMV repos to your /etc/apt/sources.list (they shouldn't be in there) and OMV maintains the repo file for its repos in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list. As the message tells you, you can't have the same repo in both places.

• Quote from PepeOMV: “Especially the eSATA backup (the removeable driver mounts and cannot easily be unmounted, as the systems doesn't tell me, WHY it is possible to not unmount it!) really pisses me off. ” If it is referenced, you can't unmount it. This is done so you don't unmount a drive in use. If you disconnect a drive that has been mounted in the filesystem tab, it can cause boot issues as well. Quote from PepeOMV: “To the Backup could be a bit more sophitcated. Maybe a bit like freefilesyn…

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from JapsR: “So you'd advise using the Flash Memory plugin rather than just installing and running from this particular module? ” Without a doubt. I even think people should use it on ssds. Quote from JapsR: “I'm not sure what the implications of the plugin are considering the 2GB RAM? ” We have been using it for years on the arm images and a lot of those boards only have 1 GB RAM.

• Quote from Jbmeth007: “ok, every "how to" in existence on setting up from scratch is wrong. ” It isn't really wrong and not "every" how to in existence is wrong. Obviously, you are adding a repo and then adding the package that installs the key for that repo from the repo itself. When you install the package, it will ask you if you want to install and unauthenticated package. Just say yes. Then after the next apt-get update, everything should install without it. There is no need to alter openmed…

• Unable to start virtualbox service

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from 0bw4n: “is it possible that there is something weird happening behind the scenes? If so, are there any other logs that I can provide that would be of assistance? ” Not that I can think of. It is probably a product of the newer kernels and new virtualbox versions. I really just need to be able to reproduce this and my motivation for trying is very low since every test of mine is working.

• urbackup update is available

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from takiyon: “I thought because it was a plugin based install that it did not automatically update itself. ” The plugin doesn't update the package and the package doesn't update itself either. You have to install the update from the Updates tab.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from JapsR: “Perhaps running OMV on it with the Flash Memory plugin could be an option? ” Yes, that should work fine.