Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Activate SPI on RPi 3

tekkb - - General

Did you check to see if it was blacklisted?

• Activate SPI on RPi 3

tekkb - - General

@tkaiser Yes, I see the difference vs. my RPi2 on Armbian. @HightronicDesign In command line does raspi-config work if you enter it?

• Activate SPI on RPi 3

tekkb - - General

What OMV image did you install? OMV 3.x Armbian?

• OMV-Extras interface "Glitch"

tekkb - - Plugins

It is not a glitch. It is in the code wrong. Aaron probably copy and pasted a line of code to save time and forgot to edit in "SystemRescueCD". It is in 4.x and 3.x versions of OMV Extras. @ryecoaaron Aaron, I fixed it in the 3x branch and the master. I wouldn't worry about it til you push out a new version of OMV Extras.

• rrd problem?

tekkb - - General

In command line, via putty or whatever, do the following: omv-firstaid (hit ENTER) Then there is an option to reset the graphs, new feature in OMV 4.x. Do that and see if the error goes away. I suspect rrdcached is not running correctly. This should fix it.

• rrd problem?

tekkb - - General

Did you disable the slider under System/Monitoring in the Web GUI? What version of OMV? What CPU? ARM device? More info. please.

• Plex / VPN on Arrakis?

tekkb - - Plugins

@hekmatk Your sister will not get into trouble either. The ISPs mostly are monitoring file sharing sites and are probably using AI to do it. If you are not running a file sharing service you will not have issues. The ISPs can tell the difference between thousands of users downloading files and just a few users streaming.

• Losing access to OMV

tekkb - - General

Denies you access to what??? You do not give enough information. SMB/CIFS NFS SSH One or more services? Give more information.

• NTFS drives should only be mounted on a temporary basis to move data to a drive that is formatted in a native linux format (e.g. ext4).

• AMD Sempron

tekkb - - My NAS Build

Yes, for the things you listed it is fine. Transcoding video or running virtual machines are some areas where you would need a better cpu.

• OpenVPN does not work since Arrakis

tekkb - - Plugins

github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers If you go to the plugin in queston and then the master branch. Look in the Debian folder and then look at the changelog. If there is a version in the changelog (e.g. 4.x) that the first digit matches the first digit of the latest version of OMV (arrakis 4.x) then it has likely been ported. You can look at this site too: omv-extras.org/

• Plex / VPN on Arrakis?

tekkb - - Plugins

@hekmatk You are not going to get yourself in trouble with your ISP for streaming stuff from a Plex server. If you were downloading torrent files (movies) without a VPN service that is how you would get into trouble.

• OpenVPN does not work since Arrakis

tekkb - - Plugins

If you have certain plugins that are essential to your needs you should always make sure they are available (ported) in the latest version of OMV before you upgrade. You can ask on the forums.

• No rrd graphs and a full log file

tekkb - - General

Clear excessive logs with this command: rm /var/log/*.gz

tekkb - - General

That is enough info. Don't need more. Make sure that under system/monitoring the slider is green (enabled) and save it if you need to. Then check if these services are enabled with these commands: systemctl is-enabled rrdcached systemctl is-enabled collectd If they are both enabled clear your graphs and restart the services with: rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost rm /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/* systemctl restart rrdcached systemctl restart collectd If one, or both, of the services are not en…

tekkb - - General

Good to know. It will save me a lot of time.

tekkb - - General

I just went through an issue with a RPI 2 and OMV 3.x with Armbian, and an RTC module. I think when Aaron made the image he disabled the /system/monitoring which disabled omv-mkgraph script. Had to read through some code to find out what was going on. But yeah, you need more information here before you can answer his questions. I also found that when clearing out the old graphs that rrdcached needed to be restarted before restarting collectd or you would get an error. This didn't happen on Debia…

tekkb - - General

What version of OMV? What cpu?

• With OMV 3.x and systemd to clear out old graphs: rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost rm /var/lib/rrdcached/journal/* systemctl restart rrdcached systemctl restart collectd

• RTC module and Graphs working: