Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• After trying a lot of things I did a clean install to the new USB drive. After the first boot, which went fine, I was busy with other stuff, so the system just sat idle. When I came back tty1 showed the following: EXT4-fs error (device sdc1): ext4_mb_generate_buddy:758: group 3, block bitmap and bg descriptor inconsistent: 18977 vs 184 free clusters Aborting journal on device sdc1-8. EXT4-fs (sdc1): Remounting filesystem read-only EXT4-fs error (device sdc1): ext4_journal_check_start:56: Detecte…

• Yes, I was using Flash Memory Plugin 3.5. As I wrote I tested the new USB-stick before all that and again today and it is certainly not worn out, otherwise it H2testw would show that. The new USB stick is from Supertalent.

• Hello, I recently cloned my OMV-installation onto another USB-stick. To do that I bootet into a live-cd and used the command if=/dev/sdx of=/dev/sdy bs=4K . It all went fine and worked for weeks. Yesterday though the system would not boot anymore. It gave me the following error: error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found. Entering rescue mode... When I tried to fix the problem using a Linux live-cd I discovered that the file system on the USB-stick was damaged and I could not repair i…

• Cool, thanks very much!

• Ok, I just had the impression that while you were agreeing about 2 GB being not enough you saw no need to change the official minimum/recommendation. I'd say 4GB should be listed as being the minimum for bare nacked installations and 8 GB for installation with additional software. So how can we reach Volker to change the wiki or is it likely that he will read this thread in the near future anyway?

• Why not do anything important with it? The userdata is on other drives anyway, so that's save and the stick can be imaged easily. The 2 GBs for me filled up on every release update and sometimes even when smaller updates were done. I used other projects like FreeNAS for years before moving to OMV and in the beginning those projects were kind of advertising "hey, use old hardware you have sitting around and create a NAS out of it", so that's where at least my approach came from initially. Just be…

• I don't know if you can still buy 2 GB sticks, but for sure a lot of people might read the system requirement saying 2 GB (wiki.openmediavault.org/index.php?title=Prerequisites) and will take such a stick out of their drawer. That's what I did because I like using stuff that's perfectly ok and otherwise would just collect dust and it worked very well at first, but that was with an older version of OMV. Yes, my sticks were all H2testw tested successfully BTW. My OMV (a pure backup system, so near…

• Hello, after having trouble related to a full system drive time and time again with those OMV-machines I run from 2 GB USB-sticks I propose to change the system requirements mentioned on openmediavault.org from 2 GB to 4 GB for the system drive. I think that could save many beginners a lot of time and frustration. What do you guys think?

• Unionfilesystem Plugin

villeneuve - - Plugins

Use the command Source Code (1 line)to list all your filesystems and their accompanying harddrives.

• Unionfilesystem Plugin

villeneuve - - Plugins

I have the same problem and as a workaround I placed a txt-file named after the partition into every partition's top directory. So you also know when you're on the pool partition because there you'll see multiple of the txt-files.

• Hello, I'm running OMV 2.2.13 with kernel 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 on a 2 GB USB-stick in combination with the flashmemory-plugin. Since I've setup the system recently with empty harddiscs a lot of user-data was copied to the system the last days. I've now run got the message that the rootfs is full. I searched the forum and tried the suggestions, but my problem seems to differ. I found out that /var/log/debug and /varlog/system must be the files filling up the rootfs as they are 180 MB and 284 MB i…

• My Guide to Debugging Disk Spin-ups

villeneuve - - General

Yes, I have set "Check interval" to the default 1800 and "Power Mode" to "Standby", but I have not scheduled tests. However there is a problem with the Seagate Archive disks that often results in hdparm -C /dev/sdx giving the result "drive state is: unknown". Maybe that is the cause for my problem, so that smartmontools wakes up the drive regardless of what is set as "Power Mode". The output of hdparm -C /dev/sdx is the same on both drives, but the frequent spin-ups seem to only happen on sda, w…

villeneuve - - General

The output is: Source Code (4 lines) sda is the drive I'm investigating why it's waking up. sda and sdb are both 8 TB Seagate Archive HDDs, sdc is the drive OMV is installed on and that is a USB-stick.

villeneuve - - General

No, no, it definitely puts the drive to sleep. Before the script gave the message "Drive is awake" it's saying "Drive is still in standby. Sleeping 45 seconds..." multiple times for half an hour or so.

villeneuve - - General

Hm, ok, so any ideas why the script just ends with "Drive is awake"? BTW I'm running OMV 2.2.13 with the backport kernel.

villeneuve - - General

I tested your script, which is a great idea, as I have disks waking up for no apparent reason, but the only thing it says when the disk spins up is "Drive is awake"! There are no further messages. Could it be that the script doesn't work on a system also running the flashmemory-plugin?

• Update 2.x to 3.x is it safe ?

villeneuve - - General

Just make a full backup image of your system drive to be able to go back to your OMV 2.0 configuration. I tried to do the upgrade just out of curiosity and it failed because of a lack of space on the 2 GB USB stick the system was running on.

• disk space 100%

villeneuve - - General

@bcsdias: Make sure you use the flashmemory-plugin.

• unionfilesystem plugin is needed to manage the mergerfs features via the OMV webinterface. So install that plugin. mergerfs I always installed via console: Source Code (1 line)After that relaunch OMV's webinterface and you should should see an item "Union-Dateisysteme" or "Union-Filesystems" on the left of the webinterface. There you can create a new pool of harddrives and in the dropdownlist where you can choose the type of pool mergerfs should appear as one of the choices.

• Unionfilesystem Plugin

villeneuve - - Plugins

Would be good if you could post what your problem actually was!