Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 167.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yo can use ethtool or ifconfig commands to check your port. To test your port; I would recommend iperf both on client and server to check your network speed... On the server side (don't forget to open the 5001 port if you have a firewall running) Source Code (2 lines) On the client side (Windows and/or Linuxà Source Code (1 line) You can find multiple tutorial on the net.

• If you want to build ZFS 0.7.9... From github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Building-ZFS Source Code (55 lines)Revert to your previous kernel should work. Else, try to compil the 0.7.9 ZFS version...

• Quote from geramath: “je suis arrive au même conclusions. ZFS 0.7.6 ne fonctionne pas avec kernel 4.14. erreur de compilation ZFS 0.7.9 avec kernel 4.14 je vais faire des essais avec kernel 4.15 ” ZFS 0.7.6 works with kernel 4.14... (see my signature) but not with 4.16. ZFS 0.7.9 need kernel 4.16...

• Network errors: Rx_missed ?

sbocquet - - Network

So after upgraded the network card driver, I've made a lot of tests with Iperf for that problem recently (screenshots 1 & 2). forum.openmediavault.org/index…1c95dfe1a9f3fa9a3fc45f1cd forum.openmediavault.org/index…1c95dfe1a9f3fa9a3fc45f1cd The 9339 missed were from a previous test. The conclusion is that I have no error even at full Gb/s speed, even in multiple ways at the same time! I was thinking of perhaps a MTU problem but no... MTU is 1500 on both hardware (Win PC & NAS) Brainfuck Source Co…

• Once you have compiled all the stuff, and "make deb" in both the SPL and ZFS dir, you will have some *-dkms.deb package to install (spl-dkms_0.7.9-1_amd64.deb and zfs-dkms_0.7.9-1_amd64.deb like the normal install from repository). At the moment, I can't find the new zfsutils-linux package... The only thing is that ZFS 0.7.6 don't work with kernel 4.16 and ZFS 0.7.9 don't work with kernel 4.14... so what to upgrade first ??? Kernel you loose your pool (temporary?), ZFS you cannot since you don't…

• [Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x

sbocquet - - Plugins

Hi ! Good work both... From what I have seen, it's probably better and more flexible to imagine a way to get the sensors name by the lm-sensors directories generated, and store it somewhere in a conf file than to hard code all the possible chipset. Source Code (3 lines) Same for the number of core. Maybe have something more dynamic like: Source Code (5 lines) Just my 2 cts

sbocquet - - Plugins

First, you need to collect the datas => see post 12 Second, you need to generate the graphs with omv-mkrrdgraph Source Code (20 lines)For example, I added the CPU core temp to the CPU usage graph like this (add the lines with sensors-coretemp-*/*.rrd generated by collectd): Source Code (53 lines)Third, run omv-mkrrdgraph and check the new generated PNG file in /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd/*.png (download it to your pc or else) That's a simple example. After that, you can do more, like add a tab t…

sbocquet - - Plugins

Yes. The plugin need to be upgraded. I managed to get it work the hard way, without the plugin. The dark side is that I must redo the changes at each OMV update. I saved those and just copy back the conf files.

• If you want to build ZFS 0.7.9... From github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Building-ZFS Source Code (3 lines)Source Code (96 lines)Then you need to install this version on your 4.14 kernel, and then upgraded the kernel to 4.16 I think... I haven't done it and will probably try on a VM before running it on my NAS. Cheers,

sbocquet - - Network

That is a known bug... Took the one from buster packages.debian.org/buster/r8168-dkms ... and nothing change, except the transfert rate is more stable at max speed.

sbocquet - - Network

My NIC is a Realtek 8111b and it seems that this NIC could have some driver problems... so I follow this guide unixblogger.com/2011/10/18/the…111rtl8168-ethernet-card/ The fact is that I have an error when compiling the kernel... Source Code (24 lines) Here is the log Source Code (22 lines)And some infos... The drivers is added but not installed Source Code (21 lines)How can I make it work ? Cheers,

sbocquet - - Network

So after some more tests, the rx_missed increase under heavy load (file copy through SMB for example), or PC backup with UrBackup. If the NAS network isn't stressed (SSH, SFTP transfert...), the number stay stable. That's logical as the rx_missed is define as: "Total of RX packets dropped by the HW, because there are no available buffer (i.e. RX queues are full). The main reason for full RX queues is a "slow" application, which is not able to process packets in a rate they arrive on interface." …

sbocquet - - Network

Hi, I have just noticed that my NAS network card is getting some rx_missed errors, increasing quickly under heavy load from my PC to the NAS (1 Gb/s link through a Netgear switch between the 2). Source Code (15 lines) But when I check the stats with ifconfig or other... no errors Source Code (28 lines) Network chipset on the motherboard is a Realtec Source Code (21 lines) Any idea ? Cheers

• OMV and latest Windows 10 Update 1803

sbocquet - - Network

Maybe check the version of SMB used by Windows 10... [HOW-TO] Browse / Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10

• Network WAN speed limited with WinSCP

sbocquet - - Network

So no problem with Filezila, the WAN output bandwith is fully used using SFTP... but not with WinSCP. Strange as no limit are sets in both softwares ! EDIT: With WinSCP, you need to do your downloads in background mode to have multiple files downloaded at the same time and fully use your bandwith. Filezilla does it naturally...

sbocquet - - Network

Thx Subzero, I gonna try with Filezilla at first. It's only for a few files sometime, so not a big deal but I'm curious about what going on there.

• Synctoy type plugin

sbocquet - - Plugins

Synctoy works fine, I used it for years with my 2k12 NAS home server. Else, you can set a rsync/cron job on the linux side to di the same.

sbocquet - - Network

Hi, I'm facing some strange network speed using WinSCP from my Office to my Home server... Transfert are very slow (like 500Kb/s) but it isn't a network problem as both link (Office and Home) are working at their max speed ! forum.openmediavault.org/index…1c95dfe1a9f3fa9a3fc45f1cd First run is with SCP, second one with the same set of files throw HTTP OneDrive sync... forum.openmediavault.org/index…1c95dfe1a9f3fa9a3fc45f1cd Does someone knows if there is some sort of bottleneck with FTP through …

• Synctoy type plugin

sbocquet - - Plugins

How are you two server linked ? What speed transfert do you have ?

• Synctoy type plugin

sbocquet - - Plugins

It dépends on the way the two servers are linked. You can still use synctoy in Win 2K12 with a SMB share of your OMV for example. For the transfert speed, that seems more of a network problem than a synctoy or rsync one IMO.