Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 276.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mellanox Connectx-2

Niemand - - Updates/Upgrades

I know that it is Debian 9 but I mentioned the Kernel 4.16 as well The question was, if you're going to use >4.15 (for example for OMV5) will you insert this driver? The information is from here: reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/…/?st=jh8u18ro&sh=0fdd7035 and somewhere in the mellanox-forum they said that Connectx-2 is EOL and won't get any update anymore. and here: mellanox.com/page/mlnx_ofed_matrix?mtag=linux_sw_drivers

• Mellanox Connectx-2

Niemand - - Updates/Upgrades

Hey, Since Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian 9 stopped the driver support in the new Kernel 4.16 I wanted to ask you how the driver support of OMV is for this great and fast card? I'm using two of these cards and I would hate to move to FreeBSD-Software to use them further.

• regarding to cat /proc/cpuinfo svm is working and the kvm modprobe is loaded. Edit: I changed a HDD in my mergerfs-pool, too. Maybe this is the problem? The permissions should be correct (vbox and vboxusers). But even if I create a new shared folder I get this error.

• Hi, I upgraded my A4-4000 to an A10-6800k and now I get this error: Source Code (1 line) Details: Source Code (1 line) Source Code (8 lines) Andy ideas?

• Plex - no connection since update

Niemand - - Plugins

I deinstalled Plex and tried to reinstall it. But now I get Source Code (15 lines)edit: rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver/ and then installation solved the problem

• Plex - no connection since update

Niemand - - Plugins

Hi, yesterday I updates Plex to 1.92 and since then I can't access to it anymore. The service is running without error and I reinstalled it. But nothing. Any help? Edit: I mean, the Webgui works but the server doesn't connect to it or anything else

• MergerFS+ZFS Questions

Niemand - - General

Because I would have to buy a lot of Disks to Transfer the data...

• MergerFS+ZFS Questions

Niemand - - General

Hi, actually I got a mergerfs-pool made out of some 3.5" drives. In futurue I'll go with 2.5" drives and ZFS (without ECC; I know...) Is it possible to insert the ZFS-Pool into mergerfs as well? Or should I stay with mergerfs+snapraid? Since it got 10GBe now, I want to use my OMV-Fileserver as my mainstorage for _everything_. I want to store software and games from my client on it. Backups will be made offsite and the important stuff on a second server as well. I just want to minimalize the bott…

• Improve speed for 10GBe

Niemand - - General

Proxmox<->OMV: 130mb/s (with SMB!) Win10<->OMV: 330mb/s

Niemand - - General

Update: I was curious what happens if I connect Win10 with OMV instead of Proxmox and OMV. With Win10 I got ~330mb/s read/write. That's a huge difference! That is, what I've expected. But why doesn't Linux<->Linux work? I used MC for copying. The Proxmox has ZFS RaidZ1 with 3 Disks. this should be fast enough. The only thing I changed was the MTU: 9000 instead of 1500. But this should not have such a huge effect?

Niemand - - General

the real-damn-needed-data is backuped on another Server, at my brothers Server, in a cloud (encrypted) and at my mothers NAS Mediafiles only needs to be "secured" by snapraid or something like Raid6. But I won't make a full backup of them. When will Raid6 in btrfs be fixed?

Niemand - - General

the kernel is the newest in OMV. Raid0 is not an option because I like my data and raid1 is not an option because I would run out of space. I got 4*3TB, and a 1.5TB and a 2TB drive and ~10TB of data. this won't fit on raid1.

Niemand - - General

What Raid would be possible with btrfs? but spindown is still supported?

Niemand - - General

direct_io is already activated. hmm a loss of 50% disk capacity is not an option. But Btrfs sounds nice - is something like Raid6 possible? But if I read one file, all Disks have to be running, right?

Niemand - - General

Hi, I got a AMD-Fileserver with enough CPU-Power and 16GB RAM. My HDD are some 3TB, 2TB and 1.5TB in mergerfs and snapraid. Everything works fine, but the speed over 1Gbit-LAN was too slow for me. Now I installed a 10GBe and first tested it with MTU=1500. iperf says somethin about 9Gbit/s what is pretty nice, but the Filetransfer between my two server (the other one is a Opteron 3280 with Proxmox and ZFS-RAIDZ1--> fast enough) is not really faster than 1Gbit (120MB/s max; 85MB/s average). I thin…

• Remotemount doesn't work

Niemand - - NFS

Hi, I got a NFS-Share running on another server, which can be seen by other clients. But when I try to add it in remotemount I get this error: Source Code (1 line) Source Code (1 line)no_root_squash didn't help. Then I tried SMB/CIFS. I can access to them by Windows and Linux Systems, but not use them in Remotemount. I can mount them, but when I try to create a sharedfolder, I get this error: Source Code (3 lines)what am I doing wrong?

• That is nothing but wrong. TRIM tells your filesystem/disk controller that empty, erased blocks aren't used anymore. But this isn't supported by virtio. It doesn't matter if it is a ssd or hdd. When the vdisk doesn't tell your disk controller that the blocks are empty, the disk will get flooded with data, while the vm is almost empty. Believe me, I had this problem and tried alot to manage it. But it didnt work. fstrim -av (if I remember right) overwrites every deleted data with zeros and this c…

• it works fine, but slow. I made alot of tests with different caches and virtio/ide/scsi. All of them are slow. the fastest was about 60mb/s and that's way to slow for me. And move ~100GB to your VM and delete it again. Then tell me: is your disk on proxmox-host then -100GB, too? I say: No! because Trim doesn't work with virtio, only with SCSI. And there only after manually using "fstrim". So there are the following options for fast disks with TRIM: - passthrough of the disks (for this IOMMU is N…

• I wouldn't use virtio because of missing TRIM support (only in SCSI!), so your HDDs will get full while you have only a few GBs on the disks. And you have to run fstrim -av manually or by cron. And all vDisks on Proxmox are damn slow. (5-35mb/s). I would prefer to create a SMB/NFS share on the host (where you can use ZFS oder Raid or whatever you want) and mount it in the OMV-Guest.

• remotemount plugin

Niemand - - General

Hi, acual state: -Proxmox Host with a ZFS-Pool -samba share of a folder in this Pool -remote share plugin installed and enabled to this folder with user "a" I do have access to this folder with user "a" everytime I try to create a shared folder within OMV on this sambashare, I get "Failed to set file group to 'users' for xyz". The folder is created, but "unkown group". I cannot do anything (no use of plugins on this share and not changing group" but transfering files with user "a" because "acces…