Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from krispayne: “do you think that by changing something like this in the raid configuration that OMV will be able to see it in the GUI? Once this process is done (800 minutes estimated) should I recreate the mdadm.conf? ” OMV will never be able to "see" it unless blkid shows it in the output. Once it is done, I would execute: omv-mkconf mdadm This will recreate mdadm.conf and update initramfs.

• Virtualbox on omv4

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Do they log files (in the same directory as the VM files) tell you anything?

• Quote from Mr Smile: “Would you please tell me what to do to fix that (now and in future)? And is there a way to automate this fixing for future kernel updates? (at least for minor updates like this one) ” You probably don't have the kernel headers installed for the new kernel. Not sure why. The plugin depends on linux-image-amd64 which should automatically update when you update the kernel. My systems did. Quote from Mr Smile: “Would you please tell me what to do to fix that (now and in future)…

• Kodi Plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Shurov: “Actually, this is exactly what I want - to have OMV back-end, and a Kodi as an always-on front-end (I mean, turn the TV on and Kodi is there). Do you have any news/plans regarding this plans? ” Nope, this is bad idea to have OMV and any kind of gui on the same system. Buy an arm board to run libreelec or something like that if you want kodi. Pretty sure there will never be a kodi plugin. You could probably run kodi-server in a docker.

• Why not run these in dockers? OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) The downloader plugins aren't going to be ported to OMV 4.x. This is why there is "massive delays" in package updates...

• Nope, With the mdadm commands, try removing the drive then adding it back.

• Quote from krispayne: “I thought RAID6 was supposed to have 2 spares? My thought process is that it can lose 2 drives? ” raid6 has two parity drives which allows you to lose 2 drives without losing data. spares are different and are there to replace failed drives.

• Remote Mount will not mount

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from DarkVodka34: “No fix than other than upgrade my 2.0 box? ” While that is a good idea (actually a fresh install is better), it is possible to specify the smb protocol version of a mount in the mount options.

• Quote from krispayne: “Yes I tried that as it was a troubleshooting step already in this thread. It still does not show in OMV, or mount. ” Two of your drives are marked as spares (you should fix that). That should be fixed but that shouldn't keep a raid 6 array from showing up as a filesystem. What is the output of blkid?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from DarkVodka34: “Getting this now even tho the host defo NOT down. this is with user "remote" ” Sounds like a samba protocol version mismatch.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from DarkVodka34: “I did same problem works fine on 2.0 must be something in 4.0 ” Yep, the remotemount plugin didn't exist in 2.0. The remoteshare plugin did things much differently. I wrote both of them. OMV 2.x also used samba 3.6 vs 4.5 for OMV 4.x. Regardless, I still wouldn't use a user with a domain appended.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from DarkVodka34: “That is my username under 2.0 the share works fine and it in use with other devices. just will not mount in 4.0 ” I am surprised that even works. It is a terrible idea. The @outlook.com is overriding the hostname. I assume you added it because that is your windows login name but you should use Windows 10 credential manager instead. This will never work in remotemount because the fstab entry appends the hostname in the fstab string. So, you end up with two @ symbols which…

• files that hold the settings

ryecoaaron - - General

You can't do that.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from DarkVodka34: “Correct, Host is omv 2.0. and im trying to mount on OMV4 ” Then the username should be a local user on the OMV 2.x host with permissions to the share not darkvodka34@outlook.com.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from DarkVodka34: “And no the host is OMV also i know the share works fine as its in use with many other devices. ” Both systems are OMV?

• Quote from krispayne: “my output is nearly identical to this. ” Your array is assembled but in readonly mode. Try mdadm --readwrite /dev/md0

• Quote from kevin517: “Can someone help me solve the problem? ” Why aren't you creating the user from the web interface? The reason your user can't login via ssh is because the user is not in the ssh group.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

It might not make a difference but the share name should not have the leading slash. if it still fails, it is likely a permissions issue. is the remote host a Windows 10 Home system?

• Quote from PeterPan: “Can you told me how i can get the folderfile (openmediavault?)? ” I would re-install. There are a lot of services (over 50 on my test VM) that have a file in /etc/default. If they are all missing, that is bad.

• Sounds like your /etc/default/openmediavault file is missing.