Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rock64 media board

macom - - General

here is a thread related to this OMV for ROCK64 (and other RK3328 devices soon)

• I would disable APM completely. To be sure run hdparm -B255 /dev/sda and check when the drive spins down.

• Samba masked inactive

macom - - CIFS/SMB

If you do a fresh install anyway, it would be good to use OMV4. openmediavault.org/?p=2282

• Samba masked inactive

macom - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from elstevo: “root@soconas:~# service samba status ● samba.service Loaded: masked (/dev/null) Active: inactive (dead) ” I have the same output, but the shares are available. I do not know, why the service is masked, but it seems not the reason why you do not reach the shares. edit: just noticed that it is different ● samba.service Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad) Active: inactive (dead)

• If you do not get a solution here, try the OpenVPN forum forums.openvpn.net/

• There is an OMV4 image available: sourceforge.net/projects/openm…/Raspberry%20Pi%20images/ Make sure to read and follow the instructions.

• WD Caviar Blue 1TB

macom - - General

I have no experience with this specific drive, but I used several drives in my HC2 without problems. So I think it will work well. Is there any reason why you have concerns? edit: actually I had one issue with my 3.5" drive. It did not always mount. I assume it is a timing issue. I added a mount -a as scheduled job. Since then it has been always mounted.

• The HC2 can spin down the HDD by the firmware wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/software/jms578_fw_update You can disable it by setting the timer "-t" to 0. Maybe it is set to 4 min on your board.

• On both devices I have around 30MB/s using SMB (with WLAN involved). On the HC2 I have following options in advanced settings of SMB: min receivefile size = 16384 write cache size = 524288 getwd cache = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY client min protocol = SMB2

• Have you checked the solution to SMB issues in common problems? see signature

• No internet access (but can SSH)

macom - - Network

here I set my router and google as DNS server you can also add 1.1.1.1 forum.openmediavault.org/index…9e339a185cc979df96e2d568d

macom - - Network

So you got it working with DHCP. That is a good starting point. When setting static IP, are you able to tell your router that the desired IP is a static IP? I had routers where I could only set a limit. Below it was static, above it was dynamic. When setting the static IP make sure the the DNS server is available. Try to ping an ip adress, eg. 8.8.8.8 Then try to ping google.com to check if the name can be resolved. I had to add DNS servers in the settings of OMV. I added 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1

macom - - Network

Have you static ip enabled? DIsable it. On your own router as well as in OMV. Try also omv-firstaid from CLI to configure the network interface.

• Speed of OS drive should have very little (if any) impact.

• unix.stackexchange.com/questio…fconfig-command-not-found try ip a instead

• If you are using less than 30 GB on the 300 GB HDD, you can use Clonezilla to make a clone on the 30 GB SSD. Then you should be able to exchange the HDD by the SSD in your system. In Clonezilla you have to enable the icds option. Worked for me several times, but it was also mentioned, that it does not work any time. As you still have our HDD, you can just try. And if it does not work, keep using your HDD. forum.openmediavault.org/index…9e339a185cc979df96e2d568d

• stackoverflow.com/questions/15…ocation-linux-debian-etch I have mine in: /usr/local/bin/

• Best way to copy a lot of big files

macom - - General

Install "midnight-commander". If you need to close the ssh session during the copy process you need also "screen"

• Changed Router, Can't access OMV Gui

macom - - General

Quote from bad_boo: “What would the command to check that? ” df Quote from bad_boo: “and if it is full? what should I do next? ” find out why it is full. First step is to identify which folder is large. change to root with cd / then check the size of the folders on root du -xh -d1 then change to the large folder and repeat the command. When you found the large folder, check the files inside. Then you might know what is happening. Otherwise post the output here.

• Changed Router, Can't access OMV Gui

macom - - General

Quote from bad_boo: “Then I put the 192.168.2.20 on the address bar, OMV login screen shows up (as normal), I put my login and password and then OMV refresh the same login screen. Like doing a loop on the same page. ” Check if your system drive is full.