Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You have to delete your own posts. Use Edit (lower right), click on More Options, and check "Move this post to trash".

• How to "update" Docker images/container?

flmaxey - - Plugins

Quote from stripealipe: “From my experience so far, it seems that i've been able to happily update the apps from within their respective web UIs and that has worked well (Radarr, Sonarr, NZBget etc), but, if i modify any parameters for the docker container, it then has the ability to break the updates and restore the original underlying code, so, probably best to try and update the core container itself whenever you can to save any problems. An example, you use the NZBget Linux build, run it, an…

• Quote from Blabla: “Guys I was looking into my NAS settings and I noticed that the last scrub with my ZFS pool is from 6 months ago D: Should I do a scrib now? Also: do you suggest to do a scrub every week? How can I do that? ” It's not really necessary to run a ZFS scrub in OMV. When the plugin is installed, a scrub cron job is setup by default. You can find the job in. /etc/cron.d/zfsutils-linux It's set to run every 2nd Sunday of every month. (Which I think is more than adequate.) As @raulfg3…

• Quote from flvinny521: “Generally, I don't update my containers. I update the applications themselves using the built-in updater from their web UI, but I haven't found it necessary to update the containers. Please correct me if I am at risk by not doing so. For a while, I played around with Watchtower, but it ended up feeling a bit unnecessary so I stopped using it. ” The ability to update seems to vary from image to image. Some authors design their containers to be updated internally as you've …

• It would be helpful to move this post to the Guides section of the forum.

• As it appears (with a video on the subject), @TechnoDadLife may have some experience with WatchTower. Perhapes he'll chime in.

• Quote from ellnic: “Quote from flmaxey: “The ACL add-on is a "patch" that's stored in extended file attributes. There can be interesting and odd effects when basic and extended permissions clash. ” I don't use ACLs. That might be why I see the permissions in my pools as less of a headache. ” I came to the same conclusion awhile back - use basic permissions only. When I noticed the two could conflict (basic denies, where ACL allows), I read a white paper on the possibilities and potential consequ…

• Quote from macom: “Quote from flvinny521: “I don't use it personally ” How do you update your images? ” ( @macom - Forgive me for butting in.) I don't auto-update either. I've seen a couple instances of flawed image updates, published by the authors of Dockers. Since I don't want to auto-update my way into a failed Docker, I manually build a new container every time using the older (outside) configuration parameters if they're compatible. (That's another reason to rebuild manually - in some case…

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

flmaxey - - Plugins

Quote from Wasn: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “radarr and sonarr plugins are going away in favor of docker. You should be able to get lidarr this way as well. OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) ” Complex and time consuming setup. But it should last longer (update wise) and should have a positive aspect on the stability of omv itself.Thank's for pointing me to that solution! ” Dockers are the way things are going in com…

• Quote from ellnic: “Quote from flmaxey: “Frankly, I'm not a fan of ZFS. Out of the box, ZoL requires a handful of tweaks to "approximate" Linux permissions. ” Do you mean permissions for data in your pool? Ie. Files and folders - POSIX permissions? If so, these don't differ wether you use FreeNAS or OMV. They're just POSIX permissions. ” You're right about ZoL permissions being the same on FreeNAS and OMV, but the permissions that result from tweaking ZFS parameters (while close) are not actual …

• I stand corrected! (Again.... )

• Raid not mounting

flmaxey - - RAID

It's easy to install OMV on a USB thumbdrive and then clone the thumbdrive for OMV/OS backup. With a known working boot drive set off to the side, one can try configuration changes and upgrades without consequence by doing them on a cloned thumbdrive. If the upgrade goes south, simply back out of the upgrade by rebooting on the unaltered original drive. If either of you would consider backing up the OS, easy to follow processes are laid out in this guide. It may save you some future grief along …

• Quote from Jaime: “Hi, yes it's working I haven't done anything with it, I just took it out and use two other hard drives. No I have not done the usb thumb drive, but I forgot to ask. Is 4.1.3 the latest stable version? I ask because on the blog I see 4.1.7 but there are no other downloads higher than 4.1.3. ” As it appears, the newest downloadable version is 4.1.3, but if you went through the update process, it would update to 4.1.7. And, while it's close, I don't think OMV 4.X is officially st…

• Quote from donh: “The lts offers 5 years of updates to the os. Does that mean omv would be expected to as well? I doubt it. Kind of defeats that as a plus. ” Users in production environments, small businesses and the like, don't like doing version updates every year. That's what LTS is all about. Setting up and actually using the server or workstation for awhile. With the configuration worked out and without the need for more features, do you think that users are still running OMV2? (I think all…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “If we are "just" trying to fix the zfs issue, using the proxmox kernel/repo would solve that. I have added support to install the proxmox kernel/modules to omv-extras and the zfs plugin that should be available in the next few days. If anyone worries about this combination then they should know that proxmox is a repackaged Ubuntu 18 kernel with a Debian Stretch userland. So, there should be no problems with using the kernel in OMV 4.x. ” Well, you've already put me onto p…

• Frankly, I'm not a fan of ZFS. Out of the box, ZoL requires a handful of tweaks to "approximate" Linux permissions. (While that's another discussion entirely, my "introduction" to ZFS didn't go well when that issue became apparent.). However, in the search for something that would protect long term data stores; if one wants integrated protection from bitrot and other silent corruption, ZFS is the only viable option available. It's not even necessary to have a Z-array for protection - a basic vol…

• So, is your older build (drive) still working? (And) Have you tried building to a USB thumbdrive yet?

• If you're using name brand USB3 sticks (which have good controllers), they'll be fine. Don't forget the flash memory plugin if you go with a USB boot drive permanently. There are great advantages to USB sticks as, boot drives, as outlined in this -> guide. Of course, if you have two external (spinning) drives and can get them to boot through one of your adapters, the cloning principle (possibly even the method) would be the same.

• Is that a USB3 to sata adapter cable? If so, there's an interface between the drive and the OVM's installer software. Have you tried a direct sata connection to the drive? After the install is complete, the drive might work with the USB adapter. Better yet, why not get another USB stick and install OMV to a USB drive?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I don't consider ubuntu more stable than Debian but Ubuntu has added features that Debian doesn't add/accept. zfs being part of the kernel package is one thing. Supporting kickstarting via debian installer is another. The backports repo is quite a bit different especially where the kernel is involved. The LTS releases truly are supported for five years where Debian falls off to a subset of the packages later on. Ubuntu seems to put newer versions of packages in the LTS re…