Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 131.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hard disk randomly unmount itself

rs232 - - General

I'm trying to understand why a single data disk formatted in ext4 is randomly unmounting itself. When this happens I get the following email: Source Code (9 lines)after this if I run manually a Source Code (1 line)it works again. NOTE: this happens on both primary and backup NAS with the same type of disk: Seagate st5000dm000 I did try already to remove all the NFS/SMB references to it, delete the shared folders running on the disk and have a sort of fresh start but this still happens.The other …

• Plex issue :-/

rs232 - - Plugins

Solution: forums.plex.tv/discussion/2634…-dont-start-symlink-error

rs232 - - Plugins

this is the detailed error when the plugin is actually installed: Source Code (71 lines)

rs232 - - Plugins

Not sure what happened but, after many upgrades, I have found myself in the position where I had to reinstall plex. Now i get the following error: forum.openmediavault.org/index…4f1a234fddcb9d6f68a52d3aa Can I please get some guidance on what would it be the best approach in reinstalling Plex from where I am? Many thanks

• Plex local (private) usage

rs232 - - Plugins

I have used Plex via LAN only without any account what so ever for years. I have even set up a rule on my router to prevent Plex fro mapping anything via upnp. Since the very last Plex update though I am asked to log in, but only if I go under Server settings.

• I have just installed OMV 4.x. My previous installation was 2.x where I had plex running for many years. I have backed up the Library folder and as soon as I've installed Plex onto the new system I've specified the old Library location to be on a data partition rather than system. So I was hoping it would pick up the existing DB. Despite seen this set in the OMV GUI and in the OMV config file: Source Code (3 lines) I got a warning via email from Plex while it was scanning the media. After a brie…

• Unable to login: Language field empty

rs232 - - General

I don't know what to say, both my NASes are working fine now and the browser is firefox version is 57.0.1 I'm not 100% certain browser is the only responsible for what happens/ed

• It's a VM on VMWARE and it's a fresh installation from the ISO I have downloaded from the official openmediavault site. Having said that I have few users moaning about the lack of samba so had to quick re-build 2.x which worked out of the box at the first attempt.

• Quote from donh: “According to this link here is how to fix it. forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=147109#post147109 mv /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL /sbin/start-stop-daemon My best guess is an installation issue caused it and it may be fairly common. If you can see anything in the install logs let us know. If you find it works I want to include it in this link forum.openmediavault.org/index…s-samba-Trouble-shooting/ . I am going into the back country for a few days. So if another moderator c…

• Quote from donh: “Try enabling samba logs on the smb/cifs page. Set it back to none when done. Then look at the log for possible clues. Do you have this file? /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL ” Yes that file is available: Source Code (2 lines) about the log this is the content: Source Code (46 lines)

• Source Code (7 lines)

• I'm trying to get my head around on why SAMBA is not starting automatically. The Enabled is of course set to on on the SMB config page. After a reboot I see no smb process: Source Code (1 line) but if I start it manually from the shell Source Code (4 lines) Everything works fine. Any tip? Thanks

• Same here. Anybody?

• new disks - raid5 - constant activity

rs232 - - RAID

so it appears to be the unwanted ext4lazyinit, added this to the relevant raid fstab line: init_itable=1 (and rebooted) to allow the process to complete ASAP.

• new disks - raid5 - constant activity

rs232 - - RAID

on an old NAS with raid5: root@NAS:~# while true; do date; ps auxf | awk '{if($8=="D") print $0;}'; sleep 1; done Mon May 29 16:04:47 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:48 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:49 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:50 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:51 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:52 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:53 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:54 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:55 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:56 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:57 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:58 BST 2017 Mon May 29 16:04:59 BST 2017 Mon May 2…

rs232 - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I can confirm this on Firefox 52.0.2. 51.x is still working. @votdev No need to punish yourself and use IE or Edge. Chrome works fine ” I don't do chrome for different reasons. Firefox is just a browser.... why shouldn't it work? I did clear the cache, tried to disable all the plugins and even refreshed the Firefox installation but the language selection is still empty. Is it possible for this to be a minor glitch somewhere in the css of the login page perhaps linked to a…

rs232 - - General

Confirmed, M$ Edge works fine! I'm wondering if this is a firefox 52+ issue. They removed support for core plugins including JAVA, this might be part yet another problem not immediately visible.

rs232 - - General

Hi all I've tried to log into OMV today. The login page loads fine but I'm unable to login as the page is expecting a compulsory "Language" option to be specified. When I click on the field though the list is empty and I'm not able to type a new element. JaEMdueKcwYAAAAASUVORK5CYII= I have already tried omv-firstaid with no success. P.S. omv-firstaid spits out the following warnings: xmlstarlet: xmlstarlet: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by xmls…

• That override doesn't exist on my system though...