Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 130.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MPD (Music Player Daemon) plugin

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from ovidiur: “I'm confused because it is listed in the omv.extras 3.x stable. I will try to install it without plugin ” This is probably because I ported to OMV 3 early on, in v3.something before some major change occurred in 3.somethingBigger. You should still be able to install mpd itself without the plugin, as that it just pure debian.

igrnt - - Plugins

That (just the 'listen: bind to 0.0.0.0:6600' message, nothing about missing audio outputs in the logs) sounds like it is working then - now you need to connect to x.x.x.x:8000/mpd.ogg to hear the stream (assuming you used the Arch Wiki example verbatim, i.e. with Ogg Vorbis output). But as I say, I have never used the httpd output module myself so have not tested.

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from EruIluvatar: “I just gave it a try and indeed it does something:Source Code (6 lines)This way I can connect to the server but there is no music available. As opposed to ALSA output, where music is available and playable but there is no sound (on the client, the server is headless/speakerless). ” That log output sounds like you don't have an audio output configured. In addition, your last line sounds like you are using MPD on the OMV server, with and MPD client on another machine, and …

• Leider habe ich keine Antwort. Nicht vor 2017.

igrnt - - Plugins

Depends what the exact error you are getting is. I have never used the http or shoutcast outputs with mpd, so am unable to advise, but it looks like a problem with mpd rather than the plugin, per se - are you able to get mpd working when configuring outside the plugin?

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from MrMister2015: “@igrnt : although there is no V3 plugin yet, can I manually (via terminal) unlock encrypted volumes? Ralph ” Yes, as long as cryptsetup is installed.

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from pery: “Hi Forum, Is the OMV3 LUKS plugin already in a usable state? Yesterday I have tried to install it with the steps in this forum, but all lead to popup errors on GUI. If it is already a working plugin then can someone write a step-by-step guide on how to install OMV3-LUKS to work? Thanks. Pery. ” It isn't yet compatible with OMV3, still to do I'm afraid. I haven't tried it with OMV3 myself, perhaps others have managed to get it working.

• I don't use NFS on OMV myself, so good find. There is already some work in the LUKS plugin for dealing with mounting volumes in LUKS containers and LVM-on-LUKS when unlocking, so this is probably an appropriate place to reload NFS mounts too. I have created a new issue for this (github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…-luksencryption/issues/13), though not sure when I will be able to find time to look at the code.

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from geoff.house: “I'm sorry - I just can't seem to get this to work. I've tried this twice now: - encrypt raw disks (3 of them) - create RAID on top - add shared folders When I reboot I unlock the disks, but the RAID page is empty - how do I poke it to spot the now-available disks? Or should this happen automatically? Thanks in advance. Geoff ” Detection of RAID arrays on top of encrypted disks is problematic. I think you could use mdadm --scan to detect the RAID array after unlocking the…

igrnt - - Plugins

So this is the cause of your problem. Check 3. and 4. like it says. Then, what's your setup, version of OMV, etc? I just tested LUKS on partitions (OMV 2.1.29, LUKs plugin 2.1.2) and it works fine, as I described:1. Create partitions with, e.g. fdisk on command line (/dev/sde1) 2. Install plugin, then create LUKS containers on command line, e.g. cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sde1 3. Observe /dev/sde1 appears in Encryption plugin UI and can be unlocked, mounted, etc. So the reason your LUKS partitio…

igrnt - - Plugins

It isn't already possible via the plugin UI, it operates like the OMV filesystem page, it only lists whole block devices as candidate devices. What is possible is that, just like if you want to partition the OS drive, you must do this via the command line. If you create a LUKS device in this way, it should be usable perfectly fine in the plugin UI. I think that since there is no UI for managing partitions in OMV, that it is fine to expect users to have to resort to the command line if they want …

igrnt - - Plugins

No, it's not compatible with OMV 3 yet. I haven't the time to do it at the moment. Pull requests are welcome! Still not sure about the partition issue - data partitions on the OS drive is an unsupported feature in OMV anyway, so probably best left to the user to do via command line if they want to take this route.

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from KingB: “What about Support für Openmediavault 3.0.22? Could you do that? because i cant set it up with 3.0.13 anymore because the other plugins install 3.0.22 somehow. And i need your plugin to unlock the disks of my raid I hope you can do that sometime” I plan to update the plugin when OMV 3 reaches beta/feature-stable status, which means currently that it doesn't work with the new datamodels introduced around 3.0.13-15. I haven't had time so far to look at that so I have no idea abo…

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from rabcor: “@igrnt Perhaps a function could be implemented to the plugin to for example select and unlock more than one drive at once, trying the same passphrase for all selected drives? ” Please open an issue for this feature request here: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ult-luksencryption/issues I will try to consider it as a to do item.

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from rabcor: “I just finished setting this up on my system, all went without a hitch with 2X3TB Hard Drives (not in raid) But now I'm wondering since both drives have the same passphrase, if there's any way I could unlock both at once (i.e. enter the passphrase once rather than twice to make my life easier)?” Not via the Web GUI, I'm afraid. Via the command line you could do this using key files. Unless you reboot your system often, you should only have to unlock infrequently, right? As an…

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from KingB: “I just created a RAID 5 ontop of my 3 encrypted 3TB WD Red Drives. It all went fine, deleted the disks, encrypted them, created RAID5 Storage Pool ontop of them. The Resync took 10 Hours. I just created the Filesystem and it works. But then i rebooted, unlocked all 3 disks...but i cant see any Raid in the Raid section and i cant mount the file system :-/. Any help ? Like "search for raid again" commandline stuff or maybe possible with GUI? EDIT: mdadm --assemble --scan did the…

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “@igrnt nfs server uses mount bind from media dirs to export for every share, I'll have to reload the fstab entries , shouldn't be necessary imo to reload the server” Ah, I see, okay. What's a quick way to reload fstab? mount -a?

igrnt - - Plugins

Quote from KingB: “ I understand the USB Stick thing, but my problem ist, that i have for example my plex server running. So i stream media from everywhere and most times i am not at home. If any error occurs or power loss, i can't get my server up and running without vpn or i open a port for ssh to internet. Thats why i would like a lokal network solution. I want it in case my server gets stolen, the key is on another device. I think this could be secure way? like wget the key through LAN ftp a…

igrnt - - Plugins

That is expected behaviour - how different services handle the presence or otherwise of paths at startup varies. Samba seems to work okay, for instance. I can look into having the plugin reload NFS though (check: does reloading nfs work, or must it be restarted?)

igrnt - - Plugins

You posted your mpd.conf once already, I don't understand what is now preventing you from doing that again, but unfortunately I'm unable to help you any further. I suggest you look for something else (subsonic?) or look into mpd for yourself.