Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• the images came a bit too late for me ... I upgraded a XU4 and a HC1 via omv-release-upgrade. On the XU4 the configuration of llvm2 hang on vgcfgbackup in the postinst script. I could not kill the process... Thanks to HDMI-output and a keyboard I could boot the 70% configured upgrade (no secure shell after reboot) and do a manual upgrade after a reboot. Both machines were lacking a busybox to update the initramfs. apt install busybox Both machines gave me trouble with weakref.py manually editied…

• got mail vom OMV...

DHGE - - General

You might have a problem with your SD-card: e.g. full or with defects is not a tty: Do a web search here in this forum. I had the same messages (warning...) and was able to rectify it via a command issued on the command line. I do not remember which. I run headless on an ODROID hc1.

• "Best" one disk NAS solution ?

DHGE - - My NAS Build

Quote from rudis: “Cool, how is the with performance? Done any test? ” duckduckgo.com/html?q=performance%20odroid%20hc1 -> among others: forum.armbian.com/topic/4983-odroid-hc1-hc2/

• "Best" one disk NAS solution ?

DHGE - - My NAS Build

ODROID hc1 or hc2 more versatile but not as potentially fast I/O wise: ODROID XU4 with USB3 HD with its own power supply I have a hc1 and XU4 (as backup) running here.

• Revive botched apt upgrade?

DHGE - - General

Maybe Armbian is a one man show ATM ...

DHGE - - General

I think I got caught between a armbian repository update 5.38 -> 5.39 When I did the upgrade not all packages where in the repository or they botched the 5.38 version with the wrong dtb. Manually (dissecting the deb-file) I installed linux-dtb-next-odroidxu4_5.39_armhf After an apt upgrade (brave or?): Shell-Script (17 lines)So all should be well again now for the other updaters with an ODROID hc1

DHGE - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from DHGE: “ ” It should also be noted that upstream Debian ... Making some noise over in Armbian forum to influence especially the 'project owner' seems like a better idea to me. ” Thanks - point taken! Had good results doing this for education purposes on a Raspi2. Before I vent on Armbian forum's turf I will try your USB-net approach - no way since I only have wireless USB-adapters

DHGE - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “You might want to open a thread in Armbian forum. ” Thanks for the update! HHmmmm - when my time gets eaten then I will choose the way. I think I will install Debian Stretch and then OMV4 and learn something on this endeavor. wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/OdroidHC1 chroot won't be of much use on my Skylake notebook ...

DHGE - - General

Hello I just did an upgrade of my ODROID hc1: Shell-Script (92 lines) After reboot I can not reach the machine any more via browser or ssh. The machine does not connect to my router any more. LEDs look normal. Power cycling did not help. This happened to me once before when updating OMV itself. At that time I did a time consuming reinstallation via a new image loaded from Sourgeforge. Note that kernel updates went smooth on this setup before and the cryptsetup error is to be expected since I hav…

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

DHGE - - Announcements

Quote from SilverBlade: “I may go with the XU-4. ” I started with the XU4. I want my NAS to be as low power as possible. So I hooked an USB3 external 2,5" HD (tried several) to it -> the XU- gave me many grave problems due to power issues from the USB port. I tried the "normal" and the 6A Hardkernel power supply. After being available (I bought the XU4 one week too early) I switched to the HC1. This workstm. I only use the XU4 now for experiments and backup. In backup mode I have a 6TB 3,5" HD h…

• Syncthing und externe Festplatte

DHGE - - Plugins

Einen Ordner musst Du nicht freigeben. Es reicht: - User anlegen - diesen User auf das syncthing root-Verzeichnis berechtigen chown -R stuser /ext-drive/st_root Kann man auch auf der OMV-Weboberfläche machen ... - dieser User muss im syncthing-service eingetragen sein Verzeichnisse lege ich gern mittels mc (Midnight Commander) an und mitunter verwalte ich damit auch Berechtigungen.

• Best Backup Method

DHGE - - General

The first run of rsync copies everything. The next runs move only differences. You can not go faster than that (maybe on slow links with compression - also an option). man rsync: Source Code (5 lines)You will also find options for logging in the man page.

• Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

DHGE - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from DHGE: “work on the command line the messages are easier to understand ” you have write right here please post the messages ...

• Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

DHGE - - Updates/Upgrades

work on the command line the messages are easier to understand Probably you have a not reachable packet source or the key for this source is not available. If the latter head to the website where the packet source is referenced and read the instructions there how to obtain the key and add it to your key-files.

• Help ! emergency mode

DHGE - - General

On your old Commodore64 with the card reader? Did not even know this hardware is still around ... try apt-get dist-upgrade or/and update-initramfs -k all -u

• Baikal unter OMV installieren

DHGE - - General

2018-05: Nach dem Update auf OMV 4 Arakis funktionierte Baikal nicht mehr. Abhilfe: apt install php-sqlite3 möglicherweise noch apt install php-gettext ================================================================ Datenbank in sqlite. Das sollte locker für 200.000 Termine/Kontakte reichen. Wer will, kann sich darüber hinaus mit MySQL amüsieren. gelernt/geklaut von Baikal, CardDAV, CalDAV and Raspberry Pi umij.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/…-caldav-and-raspberry-pi/ Baikal mit Nginx und https my5ce…

• openmediavault-nut_3.2.12 won't install

DHGE - - Plugins

I smelled a solution reading this: Unable to make NUT plugin work (errors codes inside) And it worked! Oddly you need an already WORKING (=configured!) UPS to install the plugin and be able to configure your UPS in OMV. Installer beware: Your carefully worked out configuration gets overwritten. BTW: I have a Powerwalker VI 650 (48 EUR, more than plenty keeping my ODROID HC1 with one 4TB drive powered for about 40+ minutes). This thing has a USB-HID interface: driver = usbhid-ups port = auto desc…

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

DHGE - - Announcements

@chymian I flashed an older image (~86?) via the sd-card adaptor directly to the emmc. That booted fine. Doing it the "official" way like you did failed here too. BTW I have just finished setting up my first NAS on an ODROID HC1. Mostly syncing between my 5 devices with syncthing. My XU4Q was unreliable with external 2,5" USB and died.

• Using rsync over ssh

DHGE - - RSync

if you want to streamline rsync: ssh-copy-id targetmachine then rsync --options sourcemachine/directorypath/ targetmachine:directorypath

• openmediavault-nut_3.2.12 won't install

DHGE - - Plugins

When I try to install the plugin on OMV 3.0.88 on armhf I get an error in the web interface. Debugging it (installing via console) I get: Setting up openmediavault-nut (3.2.12) ... Updating service units ... Restarting services ... Action failed -- There is no service by that name dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-nut (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.88) ... Restarting engine daemon .…