Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 206.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rock64 media board

richprim - - General

Got it working, I used the 0.6.44-239-arm64.img version. What confused me was at the end of the script, it said "no network interfaces available" and now ip address. So I assumed it needed omv-firstaid to get a ip address setup. Actually it was working and i found the ip address using zenmap. Once I logged in it worked. When I tried to go to omv-firstaid via the local monitor and keyboard connection, each time i typed a letter it would output a line of code. I was able to get to the omv-firstaid…

• Rock64 media board

richprim - - General

As I said I tried both and neither work? The image that does work good is rock64-0.5.15-136-armhf.img. (OVM 3 image) Could the board be bad? Not sure, it does run ubuntu and other images. My board is a ROCK64_V2.0 2017 - 0713 Yes and 2 gig of ram I am at a loss how to fix this, I wonder if there is a image to test the board? Rich Prim

• Rock64 media board

richprim - - General

I have now tried both the stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.6.44-239 armhf and arm64 images Neither work. I have rock64-0.5.136 (openmediavault ver 3) and this works. My rock64 board is the 2 gb ram memory board. Rich Prim

• Rock64 media board

richprim - - General

Tkaiser yes I was careful not to download the pro one. But as I said to vcp_ai, I read the armhf was the most comparable and that might be wrong. Rich Prim

• Rock64 media board

richprim - - General

I see you are using the arm64 version, some people have said the armhf version. I will surely try this. Thanks so much for the quick response. I was getting a little disappointing. I did get version 0.5.101-armhf to work and after a upgrade it is working. But this is openmediavault version 3. Rich Prim

• Rock64 media board

richprim - - General

Just got a Rock64 media board and can't find an OMV image that works. Tried to ones that are on the pine64 web site but they don't work. Apparently a lot of people are having the same problem. There Ubuntu image does work so I think the board is good? Any suggestions? Rich Prim

• files that hold the settings

richprim - - General

Thank you, kind of figured that but worth a question Rich Prim

• files that hold the settings

richprim - - General

This is probably answered before but I was unable to find it. Which setup files would I need to copy to a new SD card it i wanted to burn a new SD and just put in the files from an old but working SD card on a raspberrypi. Wasn't quite sure how to write this but I think you get the idea. Thank you Rich Prim

• OVM 4 for Raspberrypi

richprim - - General

I found OVM 4 for the Raspberrypi under "OVM 4.x for single board computers" in downloads. Rich Prim

• pine64 verses rock64

richprim - - General

Ok thanks for the answer. I am expecting the board shortly, a replacement for a Raspberrypi 3 Richard Prim

• pine64 verses rock64

richprim - - General

Does anyone know if the pine64 image also work on a Rock64 media board ? Rich Prim

• RPi image

richprim - - General

I realize the RPi 2 or 3 are not the best computers for OMV but the large number of RPi users should count for something. Maybe I miss understood but it sounds like there will be no image created for OMV 4 for the Raspberrypi? If I am incorrect please accept my apology. Rich Prim

• RPi image

richprim - - General

Gentlemen Will we be seeing a ver 4 image for the Raspberryip. Rich Prim

• Windows not finding network path

richprim - - General

Yes I built the file server for my Church as a test, if it didn't work for them no big deal. Not confident enough to charge a fee yet. It took some suggesting to get them to understand the benefits of a file server. Up till now everyone had there own little system. As they learned one Sunday, they could not get the power point file working because the girl mistakenly put a short cut, not a file on the desktop from her flash drive. After some digging we found the flash drive in her desk. Now they…

• My Raspberrypi NAS

richprim - - My NAS Build

Thanks for the USB to Sata adaptor list. I printed it for future reference. You do list the VL711 in your info under the OK column. Its a Unitek device with a 2amp power supply. Thanks Rich Prim

• My Raspberrypi NAS

Amazon has a nice little USB to Sata adaptor for $19 that has a VL711 chip set. Is that one any good? Rich

• My Raspberrypi NAS

Yes I understand, just sometimes hard to find that info for a product. Rich Prim

• My Raspberrypi NAS

Actually I have had some disconnects with the drives. My home server uses a pair of 1tb USB external Seagate drives. They seem to run with out any problem. The info I send you above is from a Unitek adaptor that seems to be reliable, I got them from MCM Electronics before they combined with Newark. Hope this was of some help. Rich Prim

• My Raspberrypi NAS

The device is a Unitek USB 3 adaptor Below is the info created by rich@rich-HP-G60-Notebook-PC:~$ lsusb Bus 002 Device 003: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 008 Device 002: ID 062a:4101 Creative Labs Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root h…

• My Raspberrypi NAS

The device is a Unitek USB 3 adaptor Below is the info created by rich@rich-HP-G60-Notebook-PC:~$ lsusb Bus 002 Device 003: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 008 Device 002: ID 062a:4101 Creative Labs Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root h…