Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raid 5 Degraded after Reboot

tdog42 - - RAID

I added the log after the reboot b/c that's when my raid was broken. The information are exactly the same as before and I did not hide any "interesting stuff". Like I said: the problem is reproducible. I rebuild the RAID, all three drives were working the way they should. I rebooted the system, suddenly, /dev/sdb was missing. This is the log from the point since when it was missing... Like I said: there never had been any clue in the syslog that would point to problem - it seems as if the system…

tdog42 - - RAID

Yes, sorry, /dev/sdb/ is the problem. Quote from tkaiser: “You have set up a 3 disk RAID5 (why exactly?) ” My understanding is, that in a RAID 5 on disk can fail while the other two still operate normally. Is that wrong? Might be another setup better? Now, two disk are working as "one" and the other one can fail... I want to achive maximal storage capacity. I/O isn't that important to me.... But I'm open to suggestions how to do it better Quote from tkaiser: “you show SMART output for one disk w…

tdog42 - - RAID

Yes, sorry, /dev/sdb/ is the problem. Quote from tkaiser: “You have set up a 3 disk RAID5 (why exactly?) ” My understanding is, that in a RAID 5 on disk can fail while the other two still operate normally. Is that wrong? Might be another setup better? Now, two disk are working as "one" and the other one can fail... I want to achive maximal storage capacity. I/O isn't that important to me.... But I'm open to suggestions how to do it better Quote from tkaiser: “you show SMART output for one disk w…

tdog42 - - RAID

I have a RAID 5 with three Hard drives on my system. I'm using Open Media Vault 3.0.59 with Debian 8.9 A couple of days ago, after rebooting, I got a message that my RAID was degrading. So I checked the hard drive for failures using SMART. But it shows no failure (or at least not any I can see....): pastebin.com/3KESMji3 More precisely, /dev/sdb is missing from the RAID after reboot. So I just used the OMV interface to restore the RAID with the drive that is missing. After it was finished, every…