Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from shinygong: “i know that but it does not mean the omv should not use desktop environment, otherwise i want to install kodi in this server, and it must contain a desktop env, right? ” Actually we recommend against installing a desktop environment. Just because you can install one doesn't mean it will work. And I highly recommend getting another device to run kodi on. kodi and desktop environments cause too many issues with omv. ” yes i know that but it's worth to…

• Quote from DHGE: “rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf apt-get install --reinstall xorg xfce4 maybe dpkg-reconfigure sddm ” i try reinstall and still not work, and i install the plugin from ovm-extra and use remote access from ubuntu, luckly the desktop and show so i suppose the root cause is the driver/firmware of inter graphic card is broken how can i know the driver/firmware status of my card?

• i know that but it does not mean the omv should not use desktop environment, otherwise i want to install kodi in this server, and it must contain a desktop env, right?

• Hi guys, I'm fresh on OMV and Linux and try to use it and there is a issue I have no idea, could you help me to fix it? 1. install omv 3.0.86-amd64.iso and after that i use apt-get install xorg and xfce4 and use startxfce4 to launch the desktop successfully without xorg.conf file 2.use omv-update to update omv to 3.0.87 and restart server, i can't start desktop anymore, below i think is the key point for the fail: [ 50.914] Module class: X.Org Video Driver [ 50.914] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver…

• Hi guys, I'm fresh on OMV and Linux and try to use it and there is a issue I have no idea, could you help me to fix it? 1. install omv 3.0.86-amd64.iso and after that i use apt-get install xorg and xfce4 and use startxfce4 to launch the desktop successfully without xorg.conf file 2.use omv-update to update omv to 3.0.87 and restart server, i can't start desktop anymore, below i think is the key point for the fail: [ 50.914] Module class: X.Org Video Driver [ 50.914] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver…